Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I can do the thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Confirming, and also yes claiming VT with your second post is dumb

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

HiipFire posted:

Pass the blunt yo

this kid's like twelve, the only thing we should pass him is the peas

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

diqnol have we played together before?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

I have questions.

We've got answers.

Maybe.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

You can get the result you want and still be displeased with the path taken to do so.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Epsilon Plus has been around and commenting on the game as it progresses but has yet to do anything game related. It's pretty transparent fence sitting, really.

I like to read. When I eventually post, my thoughts will be dissected, lauded and emulated for years to come.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Phone posting. I'll actually do some talking in due time when I'm at a comp, but Captain Foo fires shots unprovoked and I seriously think GPP has a bad reaction to the harmless VT claim in a game that has been described as mostly vanilla.

Also, get off my jock you skeezy haters, god drat. I'm tired of you labeling my posts as bad just because I don't play the game to your standards. In case you're too self absorbed to realize it, all approaches to this game are subjective no matter how clever and informed you think you might be.

A rap attack strategy comes to mind, liquid swords target these haters like lasers, soon to be erased from this world like vapors, adore me or bore me, step aside, GG doing the drat thang til he die.

I'm out... for a while.

despite your avatar you'd make a bad rap man

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I can play too!

This made me laugh, perhaps harder than necessary.

Okay, effortpost before bed. Is it just me or is D1 becoming more and more productive lately?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

As it stands I believe diqnol is just frustrated with stupid D1 claims. His posts read very genuine to me.

Ghastly Gangsta (nice name change btw) dropped on diqnol like twelve bricks and hasn't released him yet. Moreover, he's exceptionally hostile right out of the gate:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Also, get off my jock you skeezy haters, god drat. I'm tired of you labeling my posts as bad just because I don't play the game to your standards. In case you're too self absorbed to realize it, all approaches to this game are subjective no matter how clever and informed you think you might be.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Who are you and why are you coming at me the way you are? Tell me what it is that you look for in scum? What's telling to you?

Perhaps, articulate what it was about that post that you didn't like. Hope this helps.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Whatever, the entirety of your posts are garbage.

On the other hand, GG got extra pissy the last game I was in with him, and he was town then. So I don't think this is necessarily a scum tell. It may, however, be an indicator that we should all be a little nicer to each other.

Chic Trombone has been a non-poster so far and I'm really growing to loathe "I don't like D1" despite once being rather a proponent of it.

I'd prefer vote Chic Trombone for now but I'd be okay voting GG if necessary.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

GG, you could probably do with some calming down.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Yeah, I guess breadcrumbing my rapper is dumb, but I didn't post my vote for Foo in my case on him so I just decided to spice up the post where I actually did.

##vote Ghastly Gangsta

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Twenty minutes before you get all pissy. God forbid some of us have something to do other than the game. You belong on straightwhiteboystexting.tumblr.com with patience and understanding like you've presented.

You are acting excessively high-strung. You are outright diving on Hal for making jokes. I can't believe that you're not following the logic of some posters like Foo. I do not believe you are acting in a town-oriented fashion.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Roydrowsy posted:

I also think it is seriously worth note that HiipFire has contributed absolutely nothing of value this entire time. With the action that PizzaPie generated early on and GG currently, they've pretty much been coasting, Dr. Hurt as well.

Quelle suprise. hiip do you even like mafia

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I reread Propaganda Machine and think my vote should go there instead. ##vote Propaganda Machine purposefully baits Diqnol, kinda whitee-noise after that, maybe GG will calm down

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

A million haters spitting a million diss tracks could not indicate my hatred for you, diqnol

Dr. Hurt posted:

Not really happy with how Ep popped in, dropped a vote and then popped the hell out. Wish Diq was there for the end of the day rather than popping in afterwards with a belated

My bad. My last two days have not been conductive to a Mafia Mood. Sorry!

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Anyhow, I'm not scum I attacked you hard because I don't really recognize how you play. This is probably the same of foo in hindsight even though I argued otherwise. Those aggro approaches that you two have seem scummy. I misread aggression as scummy even when I know it's a bad play.

a. "I'm not scum" well golly, okay. There's no point in even posting this.

b. If you can recognize that you're misreading, why does it keep happening? Mafia is not a twitch-reflexes action game; you have plenty of time to meditate on a post before posting it.

These statements are difficult to reconcile with you being town.

Captain Foo posted:

E+ posts have been kind of sliding too, I can't keep them in my mind which leads me to believe they are scummy

I post when I have something of note. It'll pick up at some point I am sure.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

The top two statements here. First, Retracting his vote on diqnol when questioned about it. Second, perpetuating a distraction. Feels like he's playing both pizzapie and I.

Not to mention his lack of conviction behind anything this game. We've got four town dead, one by retiring from the game. An occasional joke is still ok, but I've yet to see any real play from him and I believe a review of his posts will show you that.

##vote Hal Incandenza

Woah, okay. Hal was pretty clearly joking IMO. You may be at least passingly familiar with jokes?

He then asks for comments on your scum play from anyone who's experienced it - which may be useful in viewing your interactions so far? Like, we keep talking about how goddamn feisty you are as a town player, you don't think us knowing about your scum play may be valuable? And then you dismiss his posting; he may not be posting as hard as Foo or diqnol but there is effort present; it's not his fault you refuse to acknowledge it.

And then you try for some hand-wringing. We known town are dying, yes. That's... how mafia works. We've lost our doctor and our cop, which is pretty fuckin' lovely! But we need to press on and you're sitting here going WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE RAPPERS like the majority of us aren't town. This is quite the act you have going on! It is a shame it is ineffective.

In short,

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Dr. Hurt posted:

Also Asiina is probs scum because if AC was town he could have just retired.

Oooor AC is town and didn't want to stomp on our chances further and so politely sought out a replacement? Kind of a weird jump to make thete.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

work work gently caress work
augh sorry gently caress work
sorry augh poo poo work
sorry sorry augh work

- "gently caress Work Augh", newest single from E+

Asiina posted:

Except anyone who has played more than a couple of games with PMom and who is paying even the slightest bit of attention knows that it's just a thing he says at the beginning of the game instead of saying confirmed.

I forgot this happens with pmom and it makes me want to reread him/diqnol.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

this is a stupendously bad vote

for context:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Yeah, I guess breadcrumbing my rapper is dumb, but I didn't post my vote for Foo in my case on him so I just decided to spice up the post where I actually did.

GG cases four people, clearly is the hardest on Foo, and yet... somehow doesn't vote Foo when he clearly had intent to? Like, it is really weird when writing or speaking to make a list of four points and not have your strongest point be your last, seguing into your next topic (in this case, voting). It feels artifical; like, "oh, I wanna vote Foo... but I better make it look like I'm considering other options".

Captain Foo posted:

the vote where E+ turns onto pmach isn't good either.

at the time of this vote, the general charge wasn't the "purposeful baiting" of za; i actually thought the point where (s)he(?) [idk] posted "the lady doth protest too much" was an ok point. and also the problem wasn't that pmach was whitenoising, it was that pmach was skirting around the edge of engagement, two different things. I feel like there's subtlty there that e+ didn't need to explain, but did and got it wrong.

So being the fifth out of seven to vote someone D1, when it becomes clear my preferred vote won't be dying, is bad... because I had a different viewpoint on it. Okay.

I mean, you can think I'm scummy all you want. But part of your opinion is literally "had a different opinion of a poster than everyone else" when a better scum move would be to parrot the consensus.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Does anyone else think it's at all strange that Hurt spends all D1 trying to pull for PMach not to get lunched, then does a one-eighty to be -1 with minimal explanation? Or is that just me.

Bonus:

Dr. Hurt posted:

Thank you either serial killer or mafia for killing Chic. Well either that or Chic investigated someone and ended up hitting one of those "you visit, you die" people that I can't remember the name of. We'll just call them a landmine, since I don't care enough to look it up.

"thanks for killing our cop" what the gently caress is this?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I did though, it was in the post at the end of my case block

I meant in that post, but way to miss context I guess. (or maybe my post was lovely)

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think we all should. He's presenting himself as the strongest choice for today IMO and his attempt to come back an address the thread seems like one out of necessity moreso than interest in figuring out the game.

##vote Epsilon Plus

It is good to know that you think I am purposefully looking scummy I guess.

Okay, so E+ makes this post about rereading me and pint but in the followup posts he doesn't mention either of us at all. It's kinda like he's skirting the topic - Pmom/Epsilon scum team is possible. Epsilon is independently scummy from this post, though, when you realize that he's playing lip service to things he can't talk about, both like he needs to be seen as being involved in all things and like he is following the game. His other two posts after this aren't even really scum hunting but rather trying to argue with foo and making a meaningless observation. I'd vote for him.

Yeah I kinda forgot I wanted to reread you and my read of pmom was pretty null. I felt my other posts were better made in the time I have.

Your unease about voting me is because I'm not as scummy as you think. In order to keep the day productive I'm probably just going to retire if I get a fourth vote so as to increase our chances of actually hitting scum - deadline hits right as I leave work and I probably won't get much good posting in before then. You can expect that around 530-630 EST or so unless I get less heat or you all really, really want to dunk me instead of getting a second chance. I guess maybe me retiring out makes poo poo worse for town with a potential SK around? Let me know what you think.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

If you don't get how me giving town a second chance to dunk a hater is even slightly or conceivably pro-town I am not sure what to say.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Do you think it breaks the game in favor of town or scum? Moreover, would Taste add a broken mechanic into a game?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Something about this doesn't seem right. You spoke about this with Taste out of thread?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

It generates more content per day, which is good. You end up with the same number of dead town. It does limit night actions, including the serial killer's, but our doc and cop are dead, so we'd lose on... roleblocking a NK or the SK?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

this isn't necessarily true

Mmm, cop is an exciting role. A good cop wins games. If I had any interest in the game and I wad a cop, I'd be more involved than normal.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I didn't realize he had lost a vote.

How is anyone buying this ##vote Ghastly Gangsta

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why are people opposed to Pinterest's plan?

Despite bringing it up I feel like his sudden adaptation of it feels funky.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Hey thanks for insulting all of us after four days of gently caress all, buddy. Pro Town Posting

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Wait I'm confused. Why is Taste saying Roydrowsy still has a hidden ability if he's dead. What is going on. Will he assist us from the grave.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

why are you ghostposting twice now I'm confused

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

okay I guess that was his boon

just ignore my stupid lunatic rear end's posting previous to this post, thanks

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Beginning to engage but this feels fishy right off the bat:

I feel pretty good about Foo as town but even if he isn't, he's not the person I want to hang today given there are other scum still to find and other more immediately suspicious people to vote before him. I think we'd be best served avoiding cases on him today.

I think Foo's town too but given that we probably have three scum running around and have killed zero of them I don't think we should avoid cases on anyone.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina's reads were bad out of the gate and contained to one megapost. The fact that she decided to argue with me about the validity of her reads rather than help them evolve coupled with the fact that she isn't posting in this game at all says to me that she is a good candidate for scum. I don't know meta on AC too well but someone sheepish replacing out with little to no posts as scum feels right, too. Unfortunately both parties have avoided posting for the vast majority of the game so it's tough to get a good read I wish Asii would post.

Asiina is feeling pretty bullshit, especially since she's been dotes-posting in the discussion thread. If AC replaced out for life reasons instead of being bored it's feasible that he would be scum and Asiina may just be riding it out. All Asiina's done is defend PMom, which is pretty null. Would vote Asiina.

I think your points on Hurt and Hal are good and I currently do not have much to add to them that isn't rehashing them.

I've talked about Epsilon before but look at this vote. This is nakedly opportunistic and jumps on GG's lack of mafia grace rather than any content that actually points to GG being scum. Combined with his previous posts, I'd say Ep is also a good candidate for a vote today.

A reprisal of other things he's done can be found here.

Someone who's been pushing me all game continues to push me and manages to forget that he voted for me? The only reason I'm not more indignant about you picking this out is that I made my own absolutely boneheaded mistake today.

Basically I'm thinking that at least two out of our three scum are in Hurt, Hal or Asiina. I feel kinda neutral on BK. I don't think either diqnol or Foo are scum currently but if one of them flipped scum I wouldn't be 100% shocked?

I really don't know anymore. I think I need a Mafia Hiatus or something.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Diqnol look to your heart and then tell me that I am scum.

I really have no idea who is the actual scum though. I might need to go on that hiatus with Epsilon. That or really try and figure something out.

You can't even give us some options? Earlier you mentioned Hurt as your top choice, but then voted with him. Do you have a stance on... anyone?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina posted:

E+/Diqnol/Hal scumteam. Locking it in.

Do you want to justify this at all?

Two votes on BK. Either he's scum, scum aren't paying attention, or two scum have voted for him and they just need a townie to come in.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I will be around again in roughly an hour to vote. Someone go prod every living motherfucker in this game to post.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

If we no-lynch with three potential scum and a dead doc we're pretty hosed, right? Scum get a NK and we lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

##vote BottleKnight uuuugg

• Locked thread