Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I would like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

See, I am BottleKnight
And I'd like to say hello
To the black, to the white,
the red and the brown,
the purple and yell-OH.

Hotel! Motel! Holiday Inn!

Also claiming vt is mad dumb if more than one people do it but since PMom does it for reactions... I think they accomplished their goal.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's not even a loving argument. this whole line of logic is stupid. THAT'S my argument.

People disagreeing with you is an argument, even if you don't want it to be. Claiming VT is either a joke or a claim, and you seem to be adamant that it was a joke in your case?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Ah, let me rephrase for you: Your point is trash as it stands so I'd like to see you elaborate, point to examples, tell the thread at large what is scummy about what I've done, etc. It's not acceptable to plop a vote down with reasoning that poor. I am sorry if you thought otherwise.

This is a bad post. A very lovely attempt to discredit a vote on you, with no alignment calls, which you clearly have only posted as a setup for an OMGUS later on.

You're not trying to scum hunt, you're just trying to push heat off you in the easiest way you could find.

I'm sorry if you're irritable but you normally are very cool-headed so something is wrong.

##vote diqnol

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

lmao at calling anything "clear" early d1 or really in mafia at all

##vote bottlerocket

Are you disagreeing with my reads or specifically just calling out my play? What do you think of Diqnol?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

i'm specifically calling you on doing people's thinking for them, i.e. "he did x because clearly p and q"

Why would that make me scummy? Who do you think is scum in this game so far?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Consider also that I know for a fact that I am town and that there is at least one scum voting for me beyond a shadow of doubt.

It's incredible how many people say this and how often wrong they are. Your certainty is scummy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Still, how is it scummy to think that one of the 5 votes for me might be scum? What the gently caress?

It is not scummy to think that, it is scummy to say that it is 'beyond a shadow of a doubt,' it is the certainty that is scummy and I said specifically that in my post.

But I'm glad you backpedaled immediately, at least you're probably telling the truth now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

That's dumb and if I'm telling the truth now then why are you voting for me?

Yeah. ##unvote

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't even know what to think of this, it's like you're waving a red flag in front of a bunch of bulls.

Captain Foo posted:

total gg move jesus christ play the game instead of blowing up every single time someone dares to look at you slightly askance

Captain Foo posted:

do you have anything else to add other than a driveby on someone who already has a p deece amount of badposts?

:ironicat:

What do you think of GG? What is your read on him?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

gg reads to me exactly the same as he did in the immediately previous game which is to say he's catastrophically angry at people -> ending up being town anyway. admittedly still a meta read but nothing has pinged me as overtly scummy in his play as of yet

It was reading to me as if you were defending him, but I'm glad you explained it because I'm inclined to agree with you.

Chic Trombone posted:

That sure was a post.

Kinda makes me wanna ##vote Ghastly

Who are your thoughts on the game so far? Scumpicks?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Whatever, the entirety of your posts are garbage.

##vote GG

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

idk how much more clear i can be, i think bottle is scummy because he's creating a narrative that doesn't exist outside of his post, and using it to justify calling someone else scummy.

I just want to be clear, since you never asked me about it, just accused me of it, I said Diqnol set up an OMGUS because he posted an OMGUS half an hour later, and my read was that he setup that. I wasn't making that up out of thin air. He responded to my questions and then I suspected him less. If you have any questions for me, I'll be happy to answer them.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I forgot to vote.

##vote Captain Foo

I'm not scum y'all. I'm just a young MC coming up in the game.

Are you breadcrumbing your rapper? Isn't alignment random?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

this is really bizarre, actually

pmach hadn't posted in a little while, pinmom drops this vote, two posts later pmach shows up to kvetch

Between this and the whole "I have questions for SOMEONE ON THIS PAGE" and then not asking them, I agree it's very little content, but how is that an alignment tell anymore than GG's high-strungness?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Picking fights and making snarky comments the way Pmach has is a lot easier than faking reads. She isn't not participating like Hiip is, she's contributing pure noise in lieu of making any attempt at all to find scum.

##vote pmach

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

this isn't the first time you've let somebody do the work for you, and toss out a weak vote.

I was not fully buying the PMach case, which is why I asked a question, and then when PMom said something I found convincing I voted. Would you rather I fabricate reasons to vote?

What do you think about PMach, Roydrowsy?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

Diqnol there is more hate in me for you than in the entire Juggalo nation. I wanna spray you down with hot faygo and throw you into lake hepatitis.

I can't tell which one would be the better rapper handle, Hot Faygo or Lake Hepatitis.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I can see Dr. Hurt, but I think it looks scummier in hindsight than it actually does in the posts. I think it's funny, though, that foo is calling just about every vote around deadline a scummy vote, whether for PMach or anyone else. Like, can you rank the votes you find scummiest, or actually ask people questions about their votes? I feel like that would help clarify your posting for me.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think my scum play is about the same honestly.

Rebels in the Palace King/Guard victory, I was a guard.

Wild and Crazy Kids Serial Killer victory, I was a scum.

Gnomefia In progress, I was a SK. I do wish I had played better that game, an SK victory is like a prized honor in my mind.

I gotta' get some garnishments out in the mail, but after that I'll be around, but "seriously".

I really do not like this post. Are you trying to say that you are always scummy so therefore not scum? I've read a lot of your games before but I'm not going to study your play GG.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dr. Hurt you asked about the PMach case and then didn't say the whole "I want to ask PMach questions, let's lynch chic instead" stuff until basically deadline. Why didn't you do it earlier? Why did you not get to it until right when there was nobody left to convince?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

lmao.

Hello Asiina. That one post that you made is about 1/2 of AC's output so I am looking forward to hearing more from you.

Also Asiina is probs scum because if AC was town he could have just retired.

##vote Dr. Hurt

I don't like you hinting at alignment without votes. "PMom might be scum, Asiina is probably scum," etc.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Extra dunks for town is good, undeniably. I feel like GG is arguing the same as some people do for a no-lynch D1, that it's better to have a chance of killing scum than for it to be out of town hands.

That being said, it would make this game kind of a shitshow. It feels similar to trying to get someone to hammer a lunchbomb, but actually exploitative to the format instead of a reasonable extrapolation of the layout of the game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I don't like this plan at all.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

##vote Pinterest Mom

So is PMom scum because you don't like this plan?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I get that, but as long as you are careful to not let too many town flip to put ourselves into LYLO it should still be safe to do since you can just for-real vote out the person who refuses to retire.

I mean I don't even necessarily think we should do it, but it's not a terrible suggestion. It makes me feel good about PinMom in general.

There are several small things that ping me about your posts around this, but you having to announce that you feel good about PMom with a plan you aren't even willing to say you think is good is bad. It reads as trying to hedge because you know the plan is bad for scum but still trying to get cred.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

Honestly I don't like PinMom's plan either but I feel like Ghastly's not all that he seeeems.

But I like this even less. I don't like the plan but as long as it helps lunch this player everyone else seems to be suspicious of...

Scum would do this because they could get one day closer to LYLO and then say ah god no it's a terrible plan, look at what happened.

##vote Dr. Hurt

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

1. Before I was killed, I started to talk about looking at Bottle & Captain Foo. After I was killed, nobody has talked about either of them in any depth. I imagine that this post helped contribute to my being bumped off.

I thought about this, but I don't think that nobody bringing it up is evidence. I wish I could ask you more questions, because I'd like to hear your thoughts on what this would mean for a scumteam.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

Congrats to Roy. That was a pretty great rap. Also I am worried that Hal is the bad guy. But am also worried about Asiina because she hates being scum and she has decided to ignore this game. That's just meta thoughts tho

Could you please further explain your thoughts on these players? You say this like you want other people to read them. What are your reads beyond this meta stuff?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

lol @ bk for questioning me early d1 when i called him out on his "clearly" post when a few posts later he calls out za for being certain of things; just hit his ? and it'll be obvious

I said Diqnol had clearly done something that he had already done, posted an OMGUS on GG. My read was that he had set that up.

Diqnol said he was sure beyond doubt that scum was voting him, which is a stupid thing to say, as either 1) you could not know that or 2) you are scum. In hindsight I think he was just being really verbose, but for that early in the game it was definitely pinging me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

we've been over this, though, he didn't omgus GG

Yes, that is your argument, and I disagree with it, so how does this interaction make me scummy if that's what I thought?

Captain Foo posted:

also you didn't address the contradiction

What contradiction? I really am not sure what you are referring to.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

##vote bottleknight

I really don't know what else you want from me. You said you understood my argument when I initially cleared up the diqnol thing, but now you're totally going back on that and saying I'm scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I felt bad killing you Roy! It just seemed right for my game.

Good game everyone, thanks Taste!

• Locked thread