Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd like to play :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
All the other weak MC's make way,
On your knees like altar boys, ya' best pray.

It's me, GG, all up in this poo poo,
My rhyming is fire, I got that hot spit.

Confirming Rap.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

That explains my Wakka Flocka Flame flavor and town alignment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9hwx-yn6-k

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I've always felt this way, perhaps today I just have less patience than usual for things that irritate me?

You seem to be casing that harmless claim pretty hard.

##vote PIZZAPIE

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I'm not voting for him, am I?

You don't have to place a vote to have questionable content.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Explain your thoughts more coherently please.

There was nothing incoherent about that post. Re-read if you need to.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

what if I told you everyone is VT?

This is probably true of most of us.

Another reason I find G-PP's irritability with the VT claim being scummy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

please try to play better in general this game

Please try to not be an rear end.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

So back to scum hunting, then. Read the 15 or so posts following here. You will find that Gangsta's vote was weak, that his responses to my questions were vague and that when asked to elaborate, he vanished off of the face of the game. I think he didn't know what to do when I asked him for details and rather than engage with me in good faith he retreated to a non-posting stance and wanted to see where the wind would blow. Remember that scum tend to have a tough time early on; this is that to a T.

:rolleyes:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

I don't even know what to think of this, it's like you're waving a red flag in front of a bunch of bulls.

:ironicat:

What do you think of GG? What is your read on him?

Phone posting. I'll actually do some talking in due time when I'm at a comp, but Captain Foo fires shots unprovoked and I seriously think GPP has a bad reaction to the harmless VT claim in a game that has been described as mostly vanilla.

Also, get off my jock you skeezy haters, god drat. I'm tired of you labeling my posts as bad just because I don't play the game to your standards. In case you're too self absorbed to realize it, all approaches to this game are subjective no matter how clever and informed you think you might be.

A rap attack strategy comes to mind, liquid swords target these haters like lasers, soon to be erased from this world like vapors, adore me or bore me, step aside, GG doing the drat thang til he die.

I'm out... for a while.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Chic Trombone posted:

That sure was a post.

Kinda makes me wanna ##vote Ghastly

Who are you and why are you coming at me the way you are? Tell me what it is that you look for in scum? What's telling to you?

Perhaps, articulate what it was about that post that you didn't like. Hope this helps.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I have a very high success rate as both town and scum and I employ this tactic in most of my games. I realize what you think you're saying, but what you're actually saying is you prefer it when people aren't under pressure and you need to find content from pressureless people. I think you'll find your success rate following that strategy is lower. Oh, and I have a track record of leading the vote.

I'm not a liability. I don't think I'll be hanged today because I have the banner of Correct on my side, friend.

That is to say, me lecturing you abrasively got enough people involved that I was vote-able and the action of me being voted has jumpstarted this game, not your bad thing. I did it, not you.

Claiming VT is a weak move. Since you're doing it to avoid a nk ostensibly (that's the only reason to ever do that) you could still easily have a role, making it pointless and something more advantageous to do as scum than town.

Bad post, compadre. You're completely riding on the back of things other people said and did the classic faux +1 to content thing that scum tend to do. You're also framing this argument from an emotional perspective, basically saying without saying it that you find my mannerisms irritating rather than finding me scummy. ##vote RoyDrowsy

Oh, to clarify, the scum would want to ride the wave that is my rudeness to an easy and early hang of me. They want me out of the game and this is a common issue I have early on so I'm a little used to it.

I don't know why you all unvoted Pizzapie, but regardless of how he plays in other games he feels like aggro scum. Take a moment to review these posts, or all of them really, he posts a lot about what scum would do, scum tactics, how scum might play this game and his own meta to justify stances. It doesn't seem like normal town speculation, or day 1 pressuring. Instead it feels like a deliberate imposition of bad casing and hysteria. Clearly he's vocal about what's objectively "good" for the game, but I find his reactions far worse than mine.

Whatever, the entirety of your posts are garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzBg6XiBTXo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Roydrowsy posted:

I think the first point you make is weak. I think Pizzapie makes for an interesting subject, but your reason is silly. I'm no pro at this, but the whole points of the game is to identify what you believe town should do/does do and what scum should do/are doing and use that as the basis of arguments. Using meta arguments, while somewhat pointless in this game, is the sort of thing that happens in the insular community of SA Mafia games. Putting things into the perspective of "what scum" should do, is a natural part of the game. Trying to make that into a reason is weird. These are not spectacular reasons.

That being said, your second point seems rather accurate.

Chic Trombone's posts don't sit right with me. Nobody should be able to make the excuse that its D1, so Its okay that I make weak plays and hope nobody picks up on it. It is the worst kind of cop out, and I don't buy it a bit. You cast a vote because it was convenient, and you attempt to defend it in the weakest way possible. And then you defend those actions in the weakest way possible again. You keep doing things that show you are present, but aren't trying to draw too much attention to yourself. I don't like it, so ##Vote Chic Trombone

I think he's doing it in such a way that seems pro-town, but is artificial is what I'm saying. I think that's a good thing to do, but I don't think he's doing it for the sake of actually hunting scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

As it stands I believe diqnol is just frustrated with stupid D1 claims. His posts read very genuine to me.

Ghastly Gangsta (nice name change btw) dropped on diqnol like twelve bricks and hasn't released him yet. Moreover, he's exceptionally hostile right out of the gate:

On the other hand, GG got extra pissy the last game I was in with him, and he was town then. So I don't think this is necessarily a scum tell. It may, however, be an indicator that we should all be a little nicer to each other.

Chic Trombone has been a non-poster so far and I'm really growing to loathe "I don't like D1" despite once being rather a proponent of it.

I'd prefer vote Chic Trombone for now but I'd be okay voting GG if necessary.

The only reason I've been "exceptionally hostile" is because of unprovoked criticisms from drive by and or smarmy posters right out the gate. My chains ain't ruffled.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah! Who were you in your old life Ghastly?

I was a Ghostly Gangsta.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

i think you are wrong

There's a good chance I am. :shrug:

I'll figure it out sooner than later.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

let teh hate flow through u

As Count Foo lowered the second iced out chain around Ghastly's neck, the Traplord of the Sith whispered in his ear "let teh hate flow through u".

"Nah' Son."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

i lol'd but i'm also getting sick so take that as you will

Historically, at least from my own perspective, I have terrible first days and games over 16 people prove hard for me to keep up with. If I don't die in the first day I usually pick up my game. It's not intentional, it's just like force of habit. Anyhow, I've actually have to do some work today. I'll be around after kicking some paperwork rear end.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
poo poo I didn't realize my situation here was dire. I gotta get in at least one rap battle before my time is out. Please everyone be honorable MC's and don't hammer me until I can post in a few hours.

With love,

GG

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Preface:
I re-read the thread quoting posts that pinged me as I went along, then I determined who I would vote based upon plurality of pinging posts or a lack of quality posts. I have a few cases inbound. My first and largest is against Captain Foo.

Captain Foo

Captain Foo posted:

hahahahaha voting someone for an early case, calling anything at all going hard
Would you explain to me why voting someone for their early case is bad? or Hilarious as it clearly sent you into hysterics.

Captain Foo posted:

imo i find people jumping on early d1 vt claims scummier than actually doing it, but doing it in the first place is white noise at best
Then why do you disagree with me on my feelings about G PP?

Captain Foo posted:

pizzapie seems fine2me so far
This logic contradicts your post about people who jump on early d1 vt claims as scummier.

Captain Foo posted:

because you're trying to dictate how people think about a certain case by providing logic that can't be determined from the thread, and only exists in your head.

who i think is scum at the moment should be evident given my vote
Isn't trying to persuade how people think about cases an integral part to the game?

Captain Foo posted:

it's a miserable pile of shitposts
Your statements up to this point in the game had only been negative and not at all indicative of intent to actually hunt scum. Your shitpost post is a miserable poo poo post? :ironicat:

Captain Foo posted:

this is a piss bad vote and also contains what seems to be an attempt to distract from real discussion, along w/ the surrounding posts
I'm beginning to notice a trend where you're negative towards everyone's casing or votes while actually providing a limited amount yourself. While this vote may not have been the best, you weren't even the first person to call it out and it feels like you're doing so in part to discredit any possible work that could identify scum, and you seem pretty confident about G PP's alignment even though his actions contradict one of your first statements in the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hal Incandenza

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah this is the way to go ##vote Ghostly Gangsta
Would you please elaborate on this vote? Or actually try to provide some content in your posting? Your posts in this thread have been brief, nonconstructive statements that ride on momentum generated by others or slink into the background as noise.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Pinterest Mom
This isn't a case against you, instead I think you're looking at the statement in Roydrowsy's argument in a weird way.
Roydrowsy's second point that you quoted wasn't at all weird. It's a valid point, what does G PP gain by taking credit for getting the game started, regardless of who goaded who. It's pointless and only serves to fluff his own ego. How does it make him more credible as a player in this game? Wouldn't scum, playing a game also want the game to go?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
GIUSSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Bad post, compadre. You're completely riding on the back of things other people said and did the classic faux +1 to content thing that scum tend to do. You're also framing this argument from an emotional perspective, basically saying without saying it that you find my mannerisms irritating rather than finding me scummy.
From his post and vote, it would seem that he actually found your mannerisms scummy, not just irritating. You're using irritating mannerisms in a negative way to impact town. OR at least that's how it feels to me. The entirety of your posting feels this way to me.

Certainty about what? That I am town? I can post my PM if you want, haha.

Certainty that scum is voting for me? No, theres no true certainty there I suppose, it just seems more likely than not, especially given the speed at which my votes piled up and the generally weak reasons behind them.
As if you would actually post it. :rolleyes:

If you did, and weren't modkilled, wouldn't we also know that you're a liar?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I forgot to vote.

##vote Captain Foo

I'm not scum y'all. I'm just a young MC coming up in the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

None of those are cases. They are you asking a lot of questions directed at specific people. In the case of Foo, it boils down to the fact that he isn't voting me for being mad at Pmom (I will direct you to the fact, again, that I never voted for Pint) and for stifling content. You also seem to blame me for the latter. With Hal, you just called him a lurker.

I'm pretty confident he's scum.

There are a lot of questions there, but some are rhetorical statements. There is a section that definitely details why I think Foo's posts are bad, but you fail to actually cite it hoping that people will instead defer to your succinct, innacurate summary.

The case for Foo boils down that he hasn't actually contributed to the content value of this game and instead has done a good job dismantling other peoples opinions, not just mine. Also I'm not blaming you for anything or trying to blame you at all. That actually confused me a good deal. I stated that I found your early jumping on P Mom to be scummy. I don't care if you actually voted them, and to make the fuss you did without placing a vote is still suspicious.

Hal isn't lurking. He's just making real brief poo poo posts, but clearly following the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

okay let's address points here:
first and foremost i will admit it's easier to poke holes in other people's posts than build strong cases yourself and i might be a little cavalier about doing it HOWEVUH

this is the definition of cherrypicking. you emphasize that i'm providing a limited amount of content, casing, or votes while quoting all things you find scummy. the problem here is that you're letting my posting style dictate your feel towards me; i post a lot of one-thought posts. if you don't like my style that's gonna make me look really bad in your eyes without actually being scummy very much at all. basically your premise lead you to a predetermined conclusion

It's not your style that I'm against, I'm against your actions in this game and your contradiction that you still haven't addressed. Actually attempt at answering the questions I've asked, I'll gladly do the same of you and anyone else in this thread.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

it seems like you're deliberately not reading my explanation as to how bottle's attempt at persuasion was scummy; i went into it in pretty good detail and you instead glossed it over with 'trying to persuade people is the name of the game!!'
Well let's look at that explanation that you went into pretty good detail on:

BottleKnight posted:

This is a bad post. A very lovely attempt to discredit a vote on you, with no alignment calls, which you clearly have only posted as a setup for an OMGUS later on.

You're not trying to scum hunt, you're just trying to push heat off you in the easiest way you could find.

I'm sorry if you're irritable but you normally are very cool-headed so something is wrong.

##vote diqnol

Captain Foo posted:

lmao at calling anything "clear" early d1 or really in mafia at all

##vote bottlerocket

BottleKnight posted:

Are you disagreeing with my reads or specifically just calling out my play? What do you think of Diqnol?

Captain Foo posted:

i'm specifically calling you on doing people's thinking for them, i.e. "he did x because clearly p and q"

BottleKnight posted:

Why would that make me scummy? Who do you think is scum in this game so far?

Captain Foo posted:

because you're trying to dictate how people think about a certain case by providing logic that can't be determined from the thread, and only exists in your head.

You make accusations and deflect the entire time!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

i'm specifically calling you on doing people's thinking for them, i.e. "he did x because clearly p and q"

Captain Foo posted:

OMG, you're doing the same thing you peg him for!

Everyone does this, especially so on day 1! It feels like you're being intentionally dense about that and that's twice now that you've established a contradiction in your thoughts.

First with the G PP stance, that he did not at all calmly explain. He was acting panicky especially as heat built on him.

Now with this logic that justifying your stances from D1 reads is scummy. When your original stance was that telling people what to think was scummy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Frankly I think I've made some of the best posts in this game

:psypop:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

GG, you could probably do with some calming down.

I'm not being rude or anything, I said I was going to be back to make some cases and I did, and now I have to stand in defense of them. What am I doing wrong? :shrug:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Deadline is about 4 hours away, is anyone going to be around?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

Are you breadcrumbing your rapper? Isn't alignment random?

Yeah, I guess breadcrumbing my rapper is dumb, but I didn't post my vote for Foo in my case on him so I just decided to spice up the post where I actually did.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

##vote Ghastly Gangsta

Any reason why??? Also you didn't answer the post about calming down?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

##vote Ghastly Gangsta

Nothing?

FFS

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Pinterest Mom posted:

GG is being weird and awkward but I really would rather dunk Pmach, who is around but not even pretending to try to be helpful.

Again, what am I doing wrong here? What's weird and awkward???

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nah man, it's not like that, though thank you for the compliment. I just wanted to hear mafia people rapping and did one to that end. I particularly want to see GG's in execution since he has the beat and everything ready to go!

Hot drat, your rap is really good. I forgot it was due before the flip and started working on mine during work, but yeah maybe next time I'll record mine!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Is birdman in this game? I know flavor isn't important, but I just want to know.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Looking at GG's posts in light of the flips, I still believe him to be scum. Look at the way he came in when he realized he was in danger and his lack of conviction/substance in the "cases" he plopped out. I pressed him on it and he makes a lot of noise but does nothing to convince me or anyone else of his ideas. He's more interested in standing by his weak content than producing content that speaks for itself and I believe this is because he cannot provide real content at all. He was who we should have hung yesterday.

##vote Ghostly Gangsta

I like Foo a lot on the reread and would be hard pressed to put a vote on him.

I'm not happy with Hal since he just piggybacked my vote on GG for most of the first day then later listed me in his top 3 scum picks without skipping a beat. When you consider he's also around at pretty much all phases of the game, it looks bad.

Epsilon is being quiet. They agreed with me about something I think and didn't really make much noise, just enough to justify their vote. Could be a quiet scum play.

I would like it if Hiip and Apostate started playing.

I thought we bonded over rap. You breakin my heart dog, imma tattoo your effigy on my face because of this sorrow is 2real4me.

Anyhow, I'm not scum I attacked you hard because I don't really recognize how you play. This is probably the same of foo in hindsight even though I argued otherwise. Those aggro approaches that you two have seem scummy. I misread aggression as scummy even when I know it's a bad play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I still don't feel well about Hal though.

• Locked thread