Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

can i be tech n9ne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Propaganda Machine posted:

wait is that bullshit or bukkake i don't get it

what does your heart tell u

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm confirming

Also I won't be able to post much if at all until this evening

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

This is probably true of most of us.

Another reason I find G-PP's irritability with the VT claim being scummy.

please try to play better in general this game

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

This is a bad post. A very lovely attempt to discredit a vote on you, with no alignment calls, which you clearly have only posted as a setup for an OMGUS later on.

You're not trying to scum hunt, you're just trying to push heat off you in the easiest way you could find.

I'm sorry if you're irritable but you normally are very cool-headed so something is wrong.

##vote diqnol

lmao at calling anything "clear" early d1 or really in mafia at all

##vote bottlerocket

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Please try to not be an rear end.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imo i find people jumping on early d1 vt claims scummier than actually doing it, but doing it in the first place is white noise at best

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't want to get nked.

this reasoning is worse than anything else though, town shouldn't fear death

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

You seem to be casing that harmless claim pretty hard.

##vote PIZZAPIE

hahahahaha voting someone for an early case, calling anything at all going hard

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

It wasn't real reasoning. I claim VT every game, AC was reacting to it and I thought I'd keep it going.

mmhmmmmm

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

Are you disagreeing with my reads or specifically just calling out my play? What do you think of Diqnol?

i'm specifically calling you on doing people's thinking for them, i.e. "he did x because clearly p and q"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pizzapie seems fine2me so far

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

Why would that make me scummy? Who do you think is scum in this game so far?

because you're trying to dictate how people think about a certain case by providing logic that can't be determined from the thread, and only exists in your head.

who i think is scum at the moment should be evident given my vote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

IS THIS BIZARRO MAFIA?

it's a miserable pile of shitposts

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

it's a miserable pile of shitposts

Nah this is harsh but I'm not seeing a lot of great play so far, za continues to look p deece tho

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

HiipFire posted:

My preferred pronouns are "It", "She" and "He".

"poo poo"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roydrowsy posted:

I understand that votes can be used to generate action, but not when you're spreading it all around town.

I don't want to sound like some Christian lady talking to her daughter about her virginity, but if you toss your vote everywhere with every whim your vote loses meaning.

The first few people might feel inclined to respond to your antics, but after awhile nobody is going to care because you have turned yourself into the local crackpot, who nobody takes seriously.

You keep failing to recognize that your actions are, and continue to be a liability to town. Either you are scum, and you are just really not good at it, or you are a member of town who is actively working against the interests of town.

The whole conversation in this game is now about you. If your are scum you deserve it, if you are town you are giving scum a free ride for all of day one.

You need to rethink your strategy.

this isn't at all true here - it is good d1 strategy to throw votes and see who reacts weirdly to the little bit of pressure a vote provides. not that i'm using this tactic this game but it has worked well for me in the past

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roydrowsy posted:

Second, this recent moment where you are trying to take credit for getting the game going. It is another odd thing to do. This is the first game I've played in which somebody cared who got the ball rolling. The only reason to mention it, is that you're trying to build goodwill and favor towards yourself. If you got the game started by making yourself vote-able, what debt do you think we owe you?

gonna snip this the same way pinmom did. not that taking credit per se is a strong move, but it's the fact that it is in town's interest to start realchat asap. it's not a sure tell by any means, but it is more in town's interest to end jokephase early. more real content = better than; scum gain advantage when there's no real discussion happening

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

It's incredible how many people say this and how often wrong they are. Your certainty is scummy.

this is true, certainty is fairly scummy - otoh i concede za is a vet and his explanation rings true

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

you know, i just read propmachine's posts again and they come off very bad, i might vote propmachine depending on further developments in D1. roy sounds more like town with a different reading of D1 voting than za

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

jfc

claiming vt means you got the loving role pm

like i totally agree and ##vote GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE but this is an asinine non argument.

let's make fun of pm for being canadian.

this is a piss bad vote and also contains what seems to be an attempt to distract from real discussion, along w/ the surrounding posts

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

What can I say, I'm rusty, and it's really hard to build a good case on D1. Given that diq has been throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks, the question is how much real info we can pump from his posting if he gets lynched. I'm on the fence.

there's a difference between trying to build a case and what you were doing, though

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

total gg move jesus christ play the game instead of blowing up every single time someone dares to look at you slightly askance

fake edit:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chic Trombone posted:

Boy howdy, what an insightful and meaningful response to someone calling you out, this sure does make me think you're town!!

Oh, wait, it's not opposite day

do you have anything else to add other than a driveby on someone who already has a p deece amount of badposts?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

I don't even know what to think of this, it's like you're waving a red flag in front of a bunch of bulls.

What do you think of GG? What is your read on him?

gg reads to me exactly the same as he did in the immediately previous game which is to say he's catastrophically angry at people -> ending up being town anyway. admittedly still a meta read but nothing has pinged me as overtly scummy in his play as of yet

Chic Trombone posted:

That sure was a post.

Kinda makes me wanna ##vote Ghastly
you're still doing it holy lmao

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

I don't even know what to think of this, it's like you're waving a red flag in front of a bunch of bulls.

What do you think of GG? What is your read on him?

also there's no irony here inasmuch as i've actually contributed to the game so far

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chic Trombone posted:

Boy howdy, what an insightful and meaningful response to someone calling you out, this sure does make me think you're town!!

Oh, wait, it's not opposite day

i was posting about this post which i called driveby* shade on gg who already looks bad

ie not a very strong post, and then he basically did the same thing

*no other posts for context on either side

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Hurt posted:

Ah. the Met defense.

the met defense is garbage imo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Everyone vote Ghastly Gangsta, confirmed scum

o rly

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think he's doing it in such a way that seems pro-town, but is artificial is what I'm saying. I think that's a good thing to do, but I don't think he's doing it for the sake of actually hunting scum.

i think you are wrong

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, definitely

hmm!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

The only reason I've been "exceptionally hostile" is because of unprovoked criticisms from drive by and or smarmy posters right out the gate. My chains ain't ruffled.

let teh hate flow through u

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

this isn't a good vote at all, reads like an attitude vote instead of anything with real content behind it. Still pretty happy w/ my vote here

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

this isn't a good vote at all, reads like an attitude vote instead of anything with real content behind it. Still pretty happy w/ my vote here

mafia e: my vote on bottle

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

As Count Foo lowered the second iced out chain around Ghastly's neck, the Traplord of the Sith whispered in his ear "let teh hate flow through u".

"Nah' Son."

i lol'd but i'm also getting sick so take that as you will

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

I agree about Pmach, she's been really weird.

I don't recognise myself in that description but thank you

I could consider voting Chic just to spite the "I hate D1" crowd but I think Pmach is better.

this is a p scummy post and you did say you feared the NK even if you did try to cover by saying you were going along with a joke

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

top 3 most suspicious right now are bottle #1, and then the two PMs tied for 2 i guess

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Also, get your stuff in for the contest guys, I submitted mine.

same

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Preface:
I re-read the thread quoting posts that pinged me as I went along, then I determined who I would vote based upon plurality of pinging posts or a lack of quality posts. I have a few cases inbound. My first and largest is against Captain Foo.

Captain Foo

Would you explain to me why voting someone for their early case is bad? or Hilarious as it clearly sent you into hysterics.

Then why do you disagree with me on my feelings about G PP?

This logic contradicts your post about people who jump on early d1 vt claims as scummier.

Isn't trying to persuade how people think about cases an integral part to the game?

Your statements up to this point in the game had only been negative and not at all indicative of intent to actually hunt scum. Your shitpost post is a miserable poo poo post?

I'm beginning to notice a trend where you're negative towards everyone's casing or votes while actually providing a limited amount yourself. While this vote may not have been the best, you weren't even the first person to call it out and it feels like you're doing so in part to discredit any possible work that could identify scum, and you seem pretty confident about G PP's alignment even though his actions contradict one of your first statements in the game.

okay let's address points here:
first and foremost i will admit it's easier to poke holes in other people's posts than build strong cases yourself and i might be a little cavalier about doing it HOWEVUH

this is the definition of cherrypicking. you emphasize that i'm providing a limited amount of content, casing, or votes while quoting all things you find scummy. the problem here is that you're letting my posting style dictate your feel towards me; i post a lot of one-thought posts. if you don't like my style that's gonna make me look really bad in your eyes without actually being scummy very much at all. basically your premise lead you to a predetermined conclusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it seems like you're deliberately not reading my explanation as to how bottle's attempt at persuasion was scummy; i went into it in pretty good detail and you instead glossed it over with 'trying to persuade people is the name of the game!!'

• Locked thread