Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«33 »
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless you, ants. Blants.

Fun Shoe

You really don't want to DIY compliance stuff. Do you at least use a consultant to turn the legal words into IT requirements and practises?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

OFFICIAL BITCH OF DANBO DAXTER

Pillbug

I clear my responses with our management and recommend that we do not send the responses as-is, then they approve it and we move on with our lives. It's not auditing in the sense of an actual SOX/HIPPA/PCI audit, I would take those more seriously if they applied to us. This is more of a client audit, worst case we lose the client. I still wouldn't send these responses if I was making the call, but I've tried to fix the problems properly and my choices are either to lie, which I'm not going to do, or to fill them out accurately and advise management not to send them.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Anyone willing to share their resume with me? Or point me in a direction where I might see some modern "jack of all trades" style resumes I could crib from?

I think it's finally time to and I haven't actually had to update my resume since 2002.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Apr 24, 2004

I'd recommend formatting work experience like this:

Jan 2009-Present Company, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Analyst, Networking: IT support for blabla. IT team lead for [various projects]

Accomplishments include:
Selected and implemented monitoring system to reduce total operating expenses by $500,000 annually.
Designing and deploying enterprise VMWare and Microsoft server environments up to 50 servers per company for multiple companies
Monitoring and maintaining 700 on-premise and collocated physical and virtual servers for multiple companies, as part of team.

^^ accomplishments should show actual value with specific numbers and dollar amounts if you can. "managed 5 technicians" not "managed a team" for example.

That's all the feedback I have

«33 »