Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'm banging k y head against a wall with a seemingly simple request. A law firm client wants a network location to sync one direction to SharePoint online e.g. deletions on SPO won't replicate down and delete on the network location. I'm only finding onedrive to SharePoint using power automate for this.

I suppose I could script up something but there has to be a better way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

nvrgrls posted:

Speaking of weird customer service...
I have a client working with and MSP where the MSP will not reopen tickets, ever, as a matter of policy. Like they apparently disabled that option in service now. If a tech closes a ticket the only thing to do is open a brand new ticket. I've never worked with any place like this... Usually reply to ticket to reopen, right? Is this some annoying thing done to make the metrics look good?

Bad msp. 1 open ticket becomes a met SLA and a reason to keep contract

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The best you can do there if forced to implement is to do it so poorly and slowly the boss either forgets about it or fires you over it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I had issues in a small shop both replicating to other hypervisors and backing up to veeam. I think that was dumb sales/sales engineers (aka owner) that lead to that fiasco though.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Iirc some retailer got hit for retaining gently caress all, despite retail not really being a heavily regulated industry unlike law/finance/gvt/healthcare.

I'm of the mind to delete delete delete but you'll want to be sure legal knows how to leverage lit holds and the like.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I would not aid someone in extracting their old company data. That is something that should be provided by the old company if he has rights to it.

Otherwise a migration tool that has the correct permissions. I forgot if user level access can work for a single mailbox or if you need exchange impersonation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

3 years ago that'd be like a 10 buck license for a single mailbox and probably hasn't climbed much. Well worth not having to deal with anything. If company won't give 10 bucks the user can't be helped.