Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Not sure if this is the place for this, but the home networking thread didn't seem right either.

I got a weird request. Small office has 2 distinct networks, a 10. and a 192. For reasons that are probably silly, they don't want to change ip configs, but want to share a copier. I used an extra port on 10dots firewall to connect to the 192 network switch, setup the routing on 192's firewall to provide a route back to to the copier, and pinged it + hit its configuration webpage from both networks. All seemed good.(at this point, I just did an allow all on the firewalls for testing).

When printing, the job will error out on the pc, and get stuck in the printer's job log for 10 minutes or so before printing a pcl error page(or a generic error if using a non-pcl driver). Also disabled the firewall on the client pcs just in case they were being weird about talk back from an ip outside their subnet.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

Actuarial Fables posted:

Does the PC print successfully on the 10. network?
Is the port connecting the 10. firewall and 192. switch a routed port or a switch port?
Do you still have the Allow All rules in place on the network firewalls?
What port(s) are used to connect to the printer?

yeah 10. works fine.
10. is a routed port, other end(into the 192) is a switch port.
yes, for testing purposes I allowed everything through the firewall
can't recall the port for the printer, it uses all default settings

Really wishing I had another printer out there, just to test if it's the printer being weird.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

wolrah posted:

Re: Microsoft licensing

I wouldn't even hire a lawyer if they came for me.

I'd waltz in to the first mediation, 2 cell phones on speaker already in queue, one with ms sales, one with ms support. Explain to both I have a simple licensing question that I'm a little confused on. Let them both go on a 5 minute apology rant about how terrible the licensing is and even they don't get it while staring -dead eyes- into opposing councils face the whole time.