Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

At my small company the boss told me that for every test in the MCSE track we took and past they'd give us a 3% raise or something, he figured we'd each just do one or two. The other guy I work with had some medical leave after for the next three weeks and studied up and then took like five of the tests. He got his 15% raise and I got an email saying that the deal was off the table.

That guy should have spread the certs out to compound the 3% raises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

ghostinmyshell posted:

What solution do you guys recommend these days for offline backups?

I used to roll my offsite backups to my many datacenters but now I am down to one as my company dumps it's illusion of being Enterprise and embraces Small Business. We have Veeam and I need an offsite solution for about 500GB or less of data. I would probably have Veeam backup to one server and then let whatever back that up.

If I can't get approval for anything, I'll probably end up taking a drive home at the end of the day because I don't know what to do if the place burns down.

edit: Rewrote my post as it was poo poo.

If you don't want to use an Amazon Storage Gateway, you can set up an EC2 instance with a 500GB drive, in a VPC with a VPN back to you, running as a Veeam proxy. Setup a backup copy job in Veeam to copy your backups to it, and be sure to set up a snapshot schedule of the instance so it persists to s3. Run it on another continent and call it a day. RTO is going to be weeks anyway if your office blows up and you have to buy new stuff.