Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Ensign Expendable posted:

I finally got around to buying this game, only two years late! Are there any mods that are absolutely mandatory to have?

A lot of people are going to jump up and say that Fallout is absolutely unplayable without mods X, Y, and Z. Personally, I think Fallout 4 is the first Bethesda game that is totally playable right out of the box. The only real problem with FO4 the awful writing, and no mod can fix that (although a few have tried).

The only thing that's close to a must-have is, if you're playing Survival, get a mod called Rulebreaker, which lets you tweak the Survival rules to your liking. Not letting the player save anywhere was an incredibly boneheaded decision. We're talking 'land war in Asia' levels of stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Edit : never mind

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Gynovore posted:

The only thing that's close to a must-have is, if you're playing Survival, get a mod called Rulebreaker, which lets you tweak the Survival rules to your liking. Not letting the player save anywhere was an incredibly boneheaded decision. We're talking 'land war in Asia' levels of stupid.
My fav is how they obviously heard about how STALKER and other survival games had that and thought: "We'll do that too!" without putting any thought in why that worked in those games.

"Oh no a man with a bottle of flaming booze, better lose all progress!"

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
bethsoft is :effort: the game devs. /thread

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i hate this loving game so much

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad it doesn't let you save anywhere. Survival separates the men from the boys and you babbies just couldn't make the cut.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Volkerball posted:

I'm glad it doesn't let you save anywhere. Survival separates the men from the boys and you babbies just couldn't make the cut.

I agree, not being able to save anywhere is what makes survival Survival.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

I agree, not being able to save anywhere is what makes survival Survival.

Same. You just have to plan your expeditions. Survival is fun because there is a risk. Take away the risk and you just have regular Fallout on hard mode

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Is there any way to pass an electric wire through a wall? I'm having trouble with getting a big enough power area inside all my rooms, but I don't want to create a circle of wires on the outside of my house.

I like to keep my generators outside in a seperate small house, so I don't have to deal with a non-stop motor sound while crafting stuff.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Is there any way to pass an electric wire through a wall? I'm having trouble with getting a big enough power area inside all my rooms, but I don't want to create a circle of wires on the outside of my house.

I like to keep my generators outside in a seperate small house, so I don't have to deal with a non-stop motor sound while crafting stuff.

mods

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Isn't there a conduit piece that can pass through walls in the vanilla game? I don't mess with settlements that much bit Ibseem to remember there being a few pieces and I don't use any mods related to settlement building. But maybe they got added in Far Harbor or Nuka-World or something.

kilinrax
Oct 27, 2014

Those eyes ... they disappeared.

Volkerball posted:

This attitude seems to fundamentally misunderstand what makes a game like Dark Souls enjoyable.

I mean hey, if you enjoy it, you enjoy it and I'm not going to take that away from you. But calling other players names because they want to play Survival lite just makes you come across as kind of a prick.

Plus: CTDs happen.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
There's an entire workshop category of conduits, including wall passthroughs. It might be a DLC addition, but what kind of weird mod-compatibility-issue-courting masochist would play a Bethesda game without all the DLC?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Psychedelicatessen posted:

You can bypass the collision and distance checks on wires by grabbing the wire from the originating object in the right way. You need to be looking up at the object's connector, and past it, with your reticule not actually on the connector. If you hit space at that point you'll get the spark special effect and hear the sound, but won't be holding a visible wire. If you then go hit space again on another connector in your workshop the two will be linked without any checks.

This is common knowledge I think?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Ensign Expendable posted:

I finally got around to buying this game, only two years late! Are there any mods that are absolutely mandatory to have?

For convenience's sake, DEF_UI is basically SkyUI, in that it expands the amount of the game window dedicated to inventory items, and supports many different sorting mods.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Isn't there a conduit piece that can pass through walls in the vanilla game? I don't mess with settlements that much bit Ibseem to remember there being a few pieces and I don't use any mods related to settlement building. But maybe they got added in Far Harbor or Nuka-World or something.

Not in the vanilla game; it's in the Contraptions DLC. However, if you have a window in your generator shed, you can often run a wire through the window if it's at the right angle.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

blue squares posted:

Same. You just have to plan your expeditions. Survival is fun because there is a risk. Take away the risk and you just have regular Fallout on hard mode

yep

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Full Dialogue Interface would be my pick for a can't-live-without mod. The game's stupid HATE NEWSPAPERS dialogue choices can be pretty inscrutible at times. Full Dialogue Interface makes sure you always say what you mean to say.

edit: Also console enabler for Survival Mode. Survival Mode is great, but being able to save before a buggy area transition, or tcl out of a sticky corner, is a sanity-saver.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 24, 2017

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I don't mind the no-saving in survival because beds really are loving everywhere when you start looking for them, but the no-fast-travel isn't challenging at all, just tedious. Oddly, Skyrim's survival mod is a lot less tedious despite being slapped on seven years later because there's carriages and boats all over the place to mitigate it (even if you show up cold, hungry and exhausted when you arrive).

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Wolfsheim posted:

I don't mind the no-saving in survival because beds really are loving everywhere when you start looking for them, but the no-fast-travel isn't challenging at all, just tedious. Oddly, Skyrim's survival mod is a lot less tedious despite being slapped on seven years later because there's carriages and boats all over the place to mitigate it (even if you show up cold, hungry and exhausted when you arrive).

Vertibird signal grenades are a good way to keep well-traveled routes from getting too monotonous.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
now imagine if sleeping in a bed had the same risk of having your skull caved in with a pipewrench like neo scavenger

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Trustworthy posted:

Vertibird signal grenades are a good way to keep well-traveled routes from getting too monotonous.

Not in Far Harbour or Nuka World, trustworthy. No settlements in Nuka World either, at least not until the end. The trek back to Sunshine Co-op in power armor :negative:

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
I don’t really care about hardcore deaths nor do I like to act like shuffling your inventory and paying attention to a food/water timer is anything more than tedious, but I really would like much tougher enemy encounters and something that incentivizes you to walk around the map more. And tougher encounters doesn’t mean lazily upping the stats on existing enemies and turning them into bullet sponges that 2 shot you, but adding more enemies and more “elite” enemies. Like going up in difficulty in the old Doom games.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I don't know if it's possible in regular survival, but I have some many increase speed legendary effects that I can run too fast for the game to load cells properly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

marshmallow creep posted:

I don't know if it's possible in regular survival, but I have some many increase speed legendary effects that I can run too fast for the game to load cells properly.

Unmodded? I don't remember ever getting that on PS4 after stacking the max amount.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Oh I am modded. I believe it is really because the Unbogus Perks mod changes Blitz to increase movement speed too so even just two movement speed buffs (i reserve it for my boots usually) makes you faster than the game's ability to load unless you keep your finger off the sprint button.

It is fun being that fast but the game can't handle it very well. So unfortunately it wouldn't make a good fast travel option in Survival to just Go FastTM.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I really wish the game pointed at the crafting system more. I didn't even know that the little mechanic shop you come across on your way to Concord was special in any way, let alone that it lets you do all the cool crafting poo poo. I probably spent an hour breaking down all the junk I made my dog carry and tripled the protection of my armour.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Armor especially seemed a little neglected. Four ranks in a perk to get you a minor boost when you can always just throw on a set of power armor.

I wish there was a little more story behind the recipes too. How is the player supposed to have come out of the vault and just known how to make jet?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Ron Jeremy posted:

Armor especially seemed a little neglected. Four ranks in a perk to get you a minor boost when you can always just throw on a set of power armor.

I wish there was a little more story behind the recipes too. How is the player supposed to have come out of the vault and just known how to make jet?

FO4 is weird in that regard. There's Jet found in areas of the game that haven't been touched since before the bombs fell but there the drug is.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Ron Jeremy posted:

The entire Fallout series has had this problem. You crack open a safe that was sealed before the bombs fell, and find Jet, bottlecaps and bobby pins. Best to just not think about it.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Gynovore posted:

The entire Fallout series has had this problem. You crack open a safe that was sealed before the bombs fell, and find Jet, bottlecaps and bobby pins. Best to just not think about it.

I don't remember that happening before Fo3.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Gynovore posted:

You can crack open pre war safes in FO4 with pipe pistols in them too.

Bethesda doesn't seem to have much concern about continuity.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

gently caress you GOTY edition that has only 5 gigs of data, CD Projekt Red has you eating dust in customer satisfaction.

What is the best mod for fixing the dialogue?

What is the safest mod that disables all the radiant quests?

Is there a fix for the alt-tab glitch?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Someone up thread had a bat file that auto-completed the radiant quests rather than using a mod.

edit:

Liquid Communism posted:

Save the following into a txt file called whatever you'd like in your Fallout 4 folder, then run 'bat <name>' in console.

For the Minutemen:
code:
completequest 0015f03f;
completequest 00186642;
completequest 00157ca5;
completequest 00099848;
completequest 00098136;
completequest 00164167;
completequest 00157577;
completequest 0015f040;
For all radiants:
code:
 ;Minutemen
CompleteQuest 00186642 ;Ghoul Problem
CompleteQuest 00157ca5 ;Greenskins
CompleteQuest 0003e0c1 ;Kidnapped Trader
CompleteQuest 00099848 ;Kidnapping
CompleteQuest 00098136 ;Raider Troubles
CompleteQuest 00164167 ;Resettle Refugees
CompleteQuest 00157577 ;Rogue Courser
CompleteQuest 0003df95 ;Stop raiding
CompleteQuest 00109d73 ;Suspected Synth
CompleteQuest 00097cc7 ;Help defend "Ghoul"
CompleteQuest 000c97a8 ;Help defend "Gunner 1"
CompleteQuest 000cff72 ;Help defend "Gunner2"
CompleteQuest 002407d0 ;Help defend "Mirelurk"
CompleteQuest 001125e2 ;Help defend "Raider 1"
CompleteQuest 001125e3 ;Help defend "Raider2"
CompleteQuest 001125a6 ;Help defend "Raider 3"
CompleteQuest 00097cc6 ;Help defend "Super Mutant 1"
CompleteQuest 0024918c ;Help defend "Super Mutant 2"
CompleteQuest 001357da ;Help defend "Synth 1"
CompleteQuest 001357db ;Help defend "Synth 2"
 ;Brotherhood of Steel
CompleteQuest 00064ec7 ;Cleansing the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 000d1eb2 ;Feeding the Troops
CompleteQuest 000c8675 ;Leading by Example
CompleteQuest 000cf3e2 ;Learning Curve
CompleteQuest 000c30dc ;Quartermastery
 ;Repeatable
CompleteQuest 001b2b08 ;Blood Bank
CompleteQuest 001b2b08 ;Getting Technical
CompleteQuest 001b2b08 ;Reactor Coolant
 ;Railroad
CompleteQuest 0014a34a ;A Clean Equation
CompleteQuest 000b3e82 ;Concierge
CompleteQuest 00150577 ;High Ground
CompleteQuest 000b926b ;Jackpot
CompleteQuest 00145f1a ;Lost Soul
CompleteQuest 00186c79 ;Variable Removal
CompleteQuest 000b926a ;Weathervane
 ;Institute
CompleteQuest 000edcef ;Appropriation
CompleteQuest 000eb268 ;Hypothesis
CompleteQuest 000f7933 ;Pest Control
CompleteQuest 000ede28 ;Reclamation
 ;Automatron
CompleteQuest 01003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0100af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0100ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0100af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0100af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 01003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0100d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 01003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 01008508 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 02003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0200af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0200ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0200af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0200af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 02003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0200d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 02003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 02008508 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 03003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0300af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0300ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0300af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0300af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 03003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0300d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 03003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 03008508 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 04003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0400af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0400ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0400af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0400af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 04003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0400d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 04003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 04008508 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 05003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0500af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0500ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0500af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0500af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 05003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0500d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 05003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 05008508 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 06003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0600af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0600ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0600af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0600af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 06003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0600d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 06003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 06008508 ;Rogue Robot
 ;Far Harbor
CompleteQuest 0100eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 01040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0100eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 01039953 ;Trapper Attack
CompleteQuest 0200eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 02040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0200eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 02039953 ;Trapper Attack
CompleteQuest 0300eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 03040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0300eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 03039953 ;Trapper Attack
CompleteQuest 0400eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 04040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0400eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 04039953 ;Trapper Attack
CompleteQuest 0500eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 05040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0500eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 05039953 ;Trapper Attack
CompleteQuest 0600eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 06040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0600eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 06039953 ;Trapper Attack
 ;Nuka World
CompleteQuest 0102191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 01017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0100b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0100db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 01032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0104990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 01014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 01032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 01019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 01016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 010322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0104bd3c ;Under the Collar
CompleteQuest 0202191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 02017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0200b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0200db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 02032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0204990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 02014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 02032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 02019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 02016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 020322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0204bd3c ;Under the Collar
CompleteQuest 0302191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 03017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0300b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0300db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 03032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0304990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 03014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 03032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 03019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 03016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 030322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0304bd3c ;Under the Collar
CompleteQuest 0402191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 04017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0400b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0400db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 04032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0404990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 04014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 04032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 04019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 04016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 040322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0404bd3c ;Under the Collar
CompleteQuest 0502191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 05017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0500b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0500db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 05032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0504990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 05014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 05032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 05019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 05016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 050322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0504bd3c ;Under the Collar
CompleteQuest 0602191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 06017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0600b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0600db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 06032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0604990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 06014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 06032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 06019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 06016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 060322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0604bd3c ;Under the Collar
The second one doesn't eliminate the quests that open up new settlements.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Floppychop posted:

You can crack open pre war safes in FO4 with pipe pistols in them too.

Bethesda doesn't seem to have much concern about continuity.

Wasn't there a magazine that talks about making pipe pistols? Basically handwaving it as a 'prepare for the RED MENACE by making your own guns!' deal. Or maybe that was a fan rationalization that I saw later.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

isndl posted:

Wasn't there a magazine that talks about making pipe pistols? Basically handwaving it as a 'prepare for the RED MENACE by making your own guns!' deal. Or maybe that was a fan rationalization that I saw later.

I'm pretty sure that exists in Fo4. Doesn't make it any less stupid IMO.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

isndl posted:

The magazine edition of Guns and Bullets that covered pipe pistols and other homemade weapons was called "Street Guns of Detroit".

Which seems to indicate homemade weapons and gang violence was a serious problem in the pre-War world (what a surprise). I have no idea why someone put a piece of crap like that in a safe but the safe contents breaking lore has more to do with risk vs. reward than narrative. Why would anyone waste their time and select perks that only lead to you opening chests full of useless documents and worthless money? There has to be a reason you open the safe or no one would bother. I guess you could lock them to only pre-war pharmaceuticals and ammo or something but that would still pretty limiting.

I think a bigger issue would be how people managed to jam miniguns, rocket launchers and long rifles into these safes.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

It's funny how when the game first launched I actually liked the pipe weapons because of all the customization options but slowly over time playing it I've come to not give a poo poo about the customization and hate the pipe weapons in general.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Ron Jeremy posted:

Armorer lets you improve your power armor too, which is arguably more important since power armor doesn't really spawn in the quantities required to get any upgrades naturally, and it also lets you use ballistic weave once you unlock that, which is a pretty considerable bump. Or are you talking about the various resistance perks?

As far as Jet goes, from a strict mechanical perspective what you find and use in those pre-war safes is better thought of as... proto-jet, maybe? The actual +AP or +AP regen effects of Jet in previous games can only be acquired by getting a rank in Chemist and cooking "Jet" together with some flamer fuel.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Psychotic Weasel posted:

There has to be a reason you open the safe or no one would bother. I guess you could lock them to only pre-war pharmaceuticals and ammo or something but that would still pretty limiting.

Put some antibiotics in there and it might be pretty attractive! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Psychotic Weasel posted:

As already posted, the Contraptions DLC added a bunch of theoretically-useful metal conduit pieces. "Theoretically" because the long pieces won't snap to flat surfaces, as would seem to be logical. Also, the wall passthru conduit parts (two different ones) are finicky little bitches and only work on certain walls/materials - I've never gotten one to work with either concrete or Vault sections. I *have* lost a number of them because they're quite happy to install inside the walls of pre-existing houses in Sanctuary. :argh: There needs to be a simple connect-your-wire power conduit with a spike on each end, and the correct length of "connector" to match the wall-type - concrete needs more than metal, obviously. And in all three mountings - horizontal, vert up and vert down.

There should also be a way to pass power through Vault sections, because I love making nice clean reactor sheds to keep my power sources in, but wait! Need to add on one last section to the doorway so I can hang a wire connection and run a dangling line to the power pole. :effort: That or trust Vault-Tec's waterproofing by having an open window/door/missing section of wall or ceiling, so the *bare high-voltage line* can exit the metal construct. (Note that Vault sections automatically pass power, for the most part, to each other. Apparently no one at VT thought about anything outside of the can, like turrets or lighting.)

Mods are the path to success. poo poo works better once someone has fixed it properly.

• Locked thread