Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
ah yes, the bad game made by bad people for bad posters, i will play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What's up with these recommended PC specs? I like to think i have a unnecessary good computer, but even still my CPU cut's it a bit close to the recommended specs. Normal people that don't sit on their rear end masturbating all over their computer all day like me are gonna be hosed.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Moartoast posted:

Recommended specs seem to have become suuuuuuper inflated since next-gen consoles launched, cynically this could be seen as a weird form of bragging, but I think it's just because they don't bother to test on an absurd amount of systems and just round up to give leeway so dumb people that leave poo poo on in the background don't bitch about choppiness because their 8 GB RAM & i3 CPU can't handle the game alongside a billion Chrome tabs.

The consoles versions are running on heavily underclocked APUs that barely meet the affordable mid-tier benchmark for PCs, the only thing we have to worry about is how shoddy and bloated the engine will be this time around.

That makes sense.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Bholder posted:

No, they tweeted that PC will not be limited

Link to tweet?! I refuse to believe it

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Hi
Wow
So
There's no console? Or can i just do a ini tweak to enable it? This is unacceptable!!!!!1!11fart Sorry if it's been answered, i never read launchday threads cause of spoilers.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Looks like "tcl" is not the noclip command anymore hrm

How did you access the console? I'm pressing the regular button from all the other Bethesda games, but nothing.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Andrast posted:

Are you using a US keyboard. I had some problems activating the console before I changed my keyboard settings to an American keyboard.

It's a weird issue since none of the other Bethesda games behave this way.

Also, tcl works fine in FO4c

No, i'm using a European one, Scandinavian one more specifically.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Dongattack posted:

No, i'm using a European one, Scandinavian one more specifically.

Found it, it was on one of my nordic buttons, "ø".

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Lol, i don't understand why the recommended specs were so high, the graphics are really quite abysmal in places, specially the texturing. Even with everything on ultra. Didn't help that i had to turn off TAA antialiasing cause of that weird blurring effect when moving, so now everything is jagged also. Other than that it feels like Fallout and i like it, but it LOOKS quite poo poo so far.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Man, so dissapointing. No fun and varied perks, no increasing of skills, afaik no perk/attribute related dialogue options except your karma level. I don't understand how they can have such a straightforward and loved formula to design the game around and make changes like this. Leveling up feels utterly pointless and my character feels generic as hell.

The atmosphere is at least nice.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

2house2fly posted:

The secret is that, in Fallout 4, this isn't your character.

Why even give you the option to customise it and assign skill points then? Your logic is horrible.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I found a place i really really like (drive through cinema? is that what they are called?) where i want to build and i have some settlement building questions.

When can raiders start attacking?
Is there a way to snap metal perimeter fences together? Mine aren't doing that at least.
Is there a way to raise and lower things you want to build?
Do raiders attack from pre-set directions or is it random?
Can i get snipers on defence eventually?
There skeletons and unseemly poo poo around my nerd kingdom, is there a in game way to remove these or should i just click them in the console and type "disable"?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
God loving dammit , there's a limit to how many things you can place in the player built settlement, WHY, HOLY poo poo IM ON PC, I DONT NEED THESE ARBITRARY LIMITS, I CAN TELL IF IM BUILDING TOO MUCH AND STOP IF THE FRAMES GO TOO LOW, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :negative:

holy poo poo this is so utterly poo poo, i need a mod to remove this ASAP, help nexus heeeelp

edit: seems theres a cheat engine script for it already, heres hoping it works, gently caress you bethesda

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Coolwhoami posted:

You know there is more than one, right?

Don't want another one, want to fill out aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll the huge loving space they gave me to build in. The CheatEngine script seems to work as it should so i'm satisfied again. Bethesda are loving bad.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Minorkos posted:

probably because of the consoles though

yes, and now there is no coming back, fallout 5 will just be a bobblehead screensaver and the next elder scrolls will be a wooden sword that gets mailed to you irl

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Can i safely sell the magazines that gave me a perk or are they used for something?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Lol, a Yagoi attacked my settlement (i provoked it a bit) and one of my minions jumped in my powerarmor. I mean it was rad as gently caress, but THAT'S NOT FOR YOU! Do they stop doing that if i leave it in the power armor crafting harness thing? I haven't unlocked building those yet.

edit: also noticed that while the pathing around your buildings is pretty much great out of combat, it all goes to poo poo once they start fighting and they start walking into walls non stop, sucks.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is there a perk or something to increase VATS headshot accuracy for PISTOLS? I saw there was one for sniper rifles, or maybe for all rifles, but can't see anything for pistols.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Palpek posted:

drat, the first FO4 nude mods are pretty :nws: rough :nws: :laugh:

Looks exactly like the first nude Skyrim mods, it's funny to watch the evolution.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Is it viable to be a high charisma character that speaks through missions? You could do this is NV but it seems like 4 is a lot more combat oriented.

Absolutely not IMO, charisma seems like a useless dump stat. I came across a guy with a red persuasion attempt, cause i was interested in what it would look like at max charisma i cheated it to 10. It was still red.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

The color is just the difficulty of the persuasion, not the difficulty relative to your charisma.

Hm, that's really unintuitive if it's the case.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm running out of ammo for EVERYTHING, i'm playing on normal, hitting my shots and not using automatic weapons, cleeaaarly i must be missing something.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, it's great that power armour is actually a uniquely big deal instead of just a regular piece of equipment in your inventory with just some more DR. It'd be nice if there was a way to just bring it over to you instead of having to manually retrieve it every time, though. Having a vertibird swoop by and airdrop it right on your position would be pretty great, or maybe just some high-tech teleporting doodad. Hopefully there'll be some mods to take care of that soon-ish.

I have the same annoyance and i try to travel in the Power Armor, but take it off before going inside somewhere, this pleases my autism.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Imaginary Friend posted:

General tips for lazy:

Combat
# There is a cover-mechanic; push yourself against walls and use the aim key once the weapon is lowered.

what the gently caress, is this ever mentioned in the game?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

A. Beaverhausen posted:

If that were the case they'd never mention anything.

Hahaha

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Haha, funny surprise when trying to "swim" in power armor, just stomped across the bottom of the river. Pretty badass moment.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Man, find myself cheating a lot in this Fallout game, some things are so loving tedious. Like Adhesive, so hard to not cheating that in after spending like an hour maybe getting 10. Worst was when i discovered the "Killshot" perk tho and other companion perks that were good. Sure, let me just grind my dick on this boring conversation system and choose cringeworthy sarcastic comments endlessly "FALLOUT WAIFU LIKES THIS" to loving finally get a headshot VATS perk, oooooor just type "player.addperk" and not bother with it.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

flyingkiwi posted:

I set up some crops to make adhesive, took me like 5 minutes

You can FARM it? From what?

edit: figured it from the wiki, man that's a relief

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So if i set up farms with the ingredients required for vegetable starch and assign a minion to it, will they automatically put the ingredients into the shared storage or do i have to harvest it myself?

Something unrelated, one time i exited the the place where you first meet brotherhood of steel people, i heard something crashing, but i couldn't see where. Can someone spoil what that's about to me if it's important?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What do stores do in settlements? I built a couple, but i can't see anything happening other that getting a place to barter, but they have bad stuff for sale and little caps.

edit: Also i read this on the wiki:
"Building a bar results in your settlers going out in the evening to have a drink, they will then sit and drink around the bar."

What does the game consider "a bar" in your settlement?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

coyo7e posted:

Under Tables, there is a Bar. Also a pool table. My settlers are chilling around my cooking pit with beers and a bar right now in sanctuary. Also barstools.

Cheers! I'm gonna go build a bar then, wonder if there are more "special" houses to build.
Nobody knows what the stores do exactly tho? Basically in the build menu it says loosely that they should generate profit, but i can find no profiiiittttsss.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

JoshTheStampede posted:

They generate small amounts of caps and dump them in the workshop at that settlement. It takes a long time to pay for itself, but is also a fully stocked store that you can shop at and most of them increase happiness.

Have you tried the last rank ones that require Cap Collector? Anything special about them?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

JoshTheStampede posted:

I haven't but I assume they make money faster and have better stocked inventories where you can buy rarer stuff.

Yeah, probably. I'll know eventually. Thanks!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone made/found a good guide on advanced traps and triggering in settlements? It's not like it matters really cause nobody loving attacks and the settlers run outside to fight when they do, but i'd like to do it right anyway.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Questions about one of the "special" buildings you can build in your settlement: So the artillery, do you ever get a better way of designating targets than throwing a smoke grenade? I can't seem to throw very far and at that range i might as well deal with the problem myself. Second question, is there any point in building multiple artillery pieces all over the map?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Hi, i'm a bit confused about how to continue the Brotherhood of Steel questline(s). I went to that research place where i could set Paladin Danse on fire with a spaceship engine, did so and laughed my rear end off, but after that quest it's just been really lame MMO quests from his two cronies. I thought if i did enough of those i'd get a continuation of the questline, but so far nothing.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is the "Killshot" perk buggy for anyone else? (20% more accuracy on headshots in VATS, you get it from being super bestpals with a companion) I have max headshot accuracy on all ranges with all weapons, even with max Perception i think that might be wrong?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Don't suppose there is a graphical mod or something that fixes the horrible blurring when you move with good antialiasing on? It's such a loving strain on the eyes.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Sandweed posted:

Turn off motion blur in the launcher.

Oh yeah i always do in games, DoF too, can't stand that poo poo. No it's something to do with that fancy AA they have going on, FXAA i think was the name? The max choice in any case, with that on there's a jarring blurring effect around movement that makes me feel like i'm not wearing glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Fans posted:

I found the ghoulified Vault Tec Rep and he is so happy to be manning my bar and all accepted now, it is adorable.

How do you assign someone to man the bar?

• Locked thread