Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I love when Bethesda releases new games because every thread is full of thousands of people who have no idea what gamebryo is. It's chemtrail levels of retarded, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Tbf, FO2 did overdo it with the wacky references and diluted much of the original's atmosphere. I still prefer 2 at the end of the day, but 1 is a more even experience.

Also it was pretty buggy at release and patching didn't fully address it. I had a bug where the car disappeared and when it suddenly showed up again everything I'd put in it was gone. :(

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

khy posted:

I have decided that I dislike the FO4 pipboy as it doesn't have a connecting fingerless glove like 3/NV.

EDIT : Also, I'm trying to figure out what it is about FO3 that I love so much. Put it side-by-side with NV and it's hard to carry any weight; fewer quests, fewer locations, no 'faction' system, lower level cap, basically less of everything. But there was something about it, about how the whole thing managed to really 'wow' me at first. Nowadays the 'wow' is gone but it's still fun, there's still something about it that appeals to me that I never lost. I have a really hard time putting my finger on exactly what it is though.

Bethesda games have great synergy when they're good. Oblivion had very little synergy and it feels disjointed compared to fallout 3 and skyrim. Something about both those games makes them better than the sum of their parts.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The radiant raiderth!!!!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Pretty sure if we all get on Twitter to tell Pete Hines how ugly fallout 4 is he'll cry

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Thats mean.

I wasn't loved as a child so I make up for it being mean on line on the internet

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I think it looks terrific but Pete Hines is getting defensive on Twitter about the graphics lol

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Hey did anyone else notice how hard this trailer worked to avoid showing a closeup on faces

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

The Microsoft demo showed off a bit more of the gunplay and it's very much like a traditional FPS now. Enemies move around more and actually use cover and there seems to be emphasis on being able to competently fight with just iron sights and your own personal skill instead of relying on VATS or modded in bullet time. The enemies also seem less bullet spongey, like one or two full auto bursts kill them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nYFn-aIno

Skip to 2:37.

that looks good

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 7, 2015

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

sout posted:

What I worry about is that the power armour sections will basically be setpieces, like does every player have to use the minigun to mow down raiders?

Yeah probably

Everyone agrees Witcher 3 is the greatest open world RPG in a long time, even though it's full of "hold down the witcher sense button and follow footsteps" setpieces...

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

I love when Todd sets himself up like this

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Sylink posted:

The leaked video footage makes the game look awful graphically.

Isn't it Xbox One footage that leaked?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

ymgve posted:

So he claims to not be a reviewer, which still leaves the question how the hell he managed to get his hands on an unlocked PC version of the game.

Its todd howard

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
lol @ drowning

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

frajaq posted:

Also holy poo poo an actual populated vault for once

Fallout 1 bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I had one of my favorite experiences trying to get a coffee mug.

Todd "fuckboy" Howard

• Locked thread