Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Given that everyone seems to like to compare trailers with other just announced games, Bard's Tale IV just released some in game footage from their Unreal engine:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/04/a-bards-tale-iv-gameplay-trailer

Pretty shiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zzulu posted:

none of that looks like real gameplay to me

Well, it isn't gameplay footage, just in-engine footage to show it off. How the whole "combat" thing is going to work is still in the design phase.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I knew it was going to end badly when they renamed Dogmeat "Old Yeller"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CommissarMega posted:

Explicitly nothing by design- if you talk to Caesar, he specifically mentions returning to barbarism in order to rebuild humanity from the ground up. However, he also knows he cannot hide his people from technology and advancement forever, hence the clash with the NCR. It's not just for territory, slaves and power; he knows full well that his primitive Legion cannot stand against the NCR's full might (as opposed to the conscripts in Arizona), and is in fact counting on it. He wants the Legion to adapt to the NCR while remaining at its core The Legion, and being better than the two original groups- think 'Thesis + Antithesis = Synthesis'. This way, a new culture is created, superior and eventually capable of absorbing both.

So you're saying Caesar was a big fan of Mass Effect 3's green ending?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShadowMar posted:

fallout 3 is absolutely fantastic if you wanted to play a game with a color palette that consists entirely of few shades of gray and puke green skies.

One of the first things I do when I'm playing fallout 3 is download one of the wasteland overhaul mods like:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19864/

Just so the whole place is a little less dingy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

achillesforever6 posted:

There are however Aliens, Holy Hand Grenades, ROUS, Indiana Jones, and most important of all Johnny Five Aces

There are also four balls on the edge of a cliff

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Keith Atherton posted:

Actually I can't think of a game I've played that has a map that handles multistory areas well at all.

Every game is better at it than daggerfall

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Republican Vampire posted:

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't be surprised if MIT had taken over all of Cambridge or put Harvard to the sword.

Harvard and MIT will be the two factions you have to choose between. The Crimson Legion vs The Institute

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

M_Sinistrari posted:

As long as I don't have to hear Butcher Pete again, I'll call it good.

The default soundtrack will just be every version of Mack the Knife from the 50s and 60s on repeat

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Odobenidae posted:

Bethesda has confirmed that they're ditching the entire 1950's vibe and going with a more modern soundtrack. Here's the main theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvnP6BmQvEk&t=69s

It's going to be wall to wall Fall Out Boy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Perhaps a saddle trained deathclaw?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SpookyLizard posted:

This sums up fallout 3's 'plot' fairly well.

Relevant post from the New Vegas thread.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shugojin posted:

Well I mean James leaving is what pushed the overseer into full on crazy mode and so you had to flee for your life, probably, but yeah.

Lord it was hamfisted.

"You'll be safe as long as the overseer doesn't have a psychotic break and try to kill everyone. Don't worry, this has never happened in the history of the vaults."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

khy posted:

Chomp tell me have you ever played any of the Fallout games using INT as a dump stat?

I'm genuinely curious because aside from FO3, having a low INT makes for some of the most hilarious playthroughs ever.

Like killing the Bunny Hunter for Eddie at the NCRCF, or buying plants from Dr Usanagi

Arcanum did it better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHSwvbvE9WU

The problem with low int in fallout is nobody really reacts any differently. Like telling the guy you make pizza and not war just goes on with the usual dialogue.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

He'll be the voice of the protagonist. The main plotline will be be going to all the various dining establishments

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The wild wasteland type things were always there. Even in fallout one (maybe it was two) you could find a guy guarding a bridge that required you to answer three questions before you could go on (amongst other random encounters)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Instead you've got a community of kids who have been there since the bombs fell who kick out older members to Big Town while they talk poo poo about you as Super Mutants and Slavers are knocking on their door.

And "you" and "slavers" are not mutually exclusive

"I'm going on an adventure!"

edit: Also, since you can literally sell one of them into sex slavery, sorry, I mean "A loving home", I don't think the concept of the kids having more kids is all that absurd an interpretation of Bethesda's "vision" of Little Lamplight

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I should replay 3, I only ever did so before broken steel came out. Haven't played any of the FO3 DLCs in fact.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Codsworth not voiced by John Cleese, game sucks

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Crap, so your character really does get shoehorned into a straight relationship?

At first, but a lot can change in 200 years :gay:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What I'm saying is the main plot/starting point of these sorts of games are all kind of easy to ignore.

Not if you're a sperg

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Fortitude posted:

It will turn out the Dog is a replicant too.
Also how did Codsworth survive after 200 years and not be beaten to scrap metal by raiders or dismantled for something else by other wastelanders?

The same way any other Mr Handy survived 200 years? It's not like Codsworth is a unique example in the Fallout universe. Not every raider is gonna want to mess with a flamethrower wielding flying robot.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I hope they replace bottlecaps with Patriots Superbowl rings for the regional currency.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Generic Monk posted:

it's mildly disconcerting how every game dog is trained to rip throats out in the same ridic brutal way

You're right, they should grab knives and shank a bitch. They're already halfway there with that "fetch" mechanic.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sout posted:

Also this is possible, because he's called "Dog" when he is approached in the trailer and "Dogmeat" in another gameplay section.
I hope the robots also have my dog's name pre-recorded too.

I hope they recorded "Dickbutt" as a name

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Games › Fallout 4: Trailer Textures' Tepid Tribadism

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShadowMar posted:

it's true, everyone knows bisexuals are the most hardcore greedy of all humans.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr Cuddles posted:

It's going to be great because it already looks like a more polished version of new vegas. New vegas was good, why would they change the winning formula of a really successful video game? You nma types are hilarious to me. But it's ok because you don't have to buy it. haha wait a second of course you will

We should make a "Boycott Fallout 4 (We want non-cisnormative characters!)" group and see if it looks the same the week of release

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

frajaq posted:

Dog is Plot Essential, you cannot progress the Main Quest further unless you get your Dog

The dog is actually cybernetically implanted with your baby's brain

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phrasing posted:

I generally hate companions so if I can the dog is staying home.

Somebody has to carry all my stuff

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I hope The Master is the bad guy again and he's just moved on from mutants to androids

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

megalodong posted:

The kids are immortal that's how they survived.

It's a good gig if you can get it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

moist turtleneck posted:

There should have been little glowing piles of dookie everywhere

They're not Chinese!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Then make a Donnie Darko mod

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So how big is fallout shelter anyway, it's failed to download 4 times on me now. So either the Apple store is hosed (which hey, could happen) or I need more than 3gb free. Any ideas which?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Scyantific posted:

So what's this I heard about mods coming to consoles?

It is true, Xbox users will no longer be denied the Fallout prostitution mods that they crave

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Raygereio posted:

Either it's going to be a glorious mess, or mods-on-consoles is going to end up Bethesda releasing selected mods that have been checked for stability & conflicts as free DLC via that Bethesda.net thingamajig.

Mods being quality controlled by the people that bring you Bethesda's legendary game stability

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

frajaq posted:

Are there going to be radscorpions in this game??

haha, is that the lottery winner?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I can't wait to loot a series of fallen raiders and hear John Fallout insanely badassily say "I can--" "I can--" "I can--" "I can--" "I can use--" "I--" "I can use this..."

They should also steal the Jurassic Park "This is Unix! I know this!" soundbite every time you hack a computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yaos posted:

Why can't they just suck the water out of the air? Even though the the world is still poo poo 200 years later everybody seems to have a limitless amount of electricity.

I hope I can turn my settlement into a sietch and get the windtraps rolling.

• Locked thread