Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There's no reason a Pip-Boy wouldn't have a small LED flashlight right at the wrist.
Oh wait, 1950s future retro. No LEDs.
But how does the screen light up, phosphorous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, no matter what I'm buying this poo poo on day one.
Real brave stance, I know.
Let's hope a spinoff is an isometric game because I love them so very much.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

2house2fly posted:

Oh so Obsidian will be returning to fallout after all? :smug:

drat dude. Your edge is like Hella sharpe

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, I just watched the first part of the E3 presentation and I'm really excited. "Next-gen version of Creation" is fine for me. Skyrim was a pretty game and my tolerance for lovely Bethesda animations is pretty high at this point.

It's just amazing to see colors. COLORS! Ahh! Downtown Boston *appears* to be pretty large and dense with interesting features and some verticality.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hopefully they have a list of recorded lines for your dog. I want to be able to call out his name to rip out the wiring on some robot fool.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

zedprime posted:

Baseless power armor speculation based on the footage from the Microsoft conference setting up that power armor action as an early quest and the fact it lives in a garage: power armor is a special thing everybody gets to use during scripted sequences and if we're lucky there's a perk or upgrade or something that lets your vertibird drop it for you to use for 5 minutes at a time.

I'm okay with it being a not all the time thing but I hope it's not on a timer. Maybe you just abandon it when it gets too damaged or runs out of ammo and then it despawns eventually

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This game will sell a billion copies.
It will sell a trillion if there is an option to transplant Dogmeat's brain into one of these options:

1) A cyber dog that has lasers and other cool weapons

2) A suit of power armor. Dogs are afraid of heights so when it is air-dropped, it screams but then jumps around in excitement when it sees you

3) A person.
Man's best friend is... man!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This game is going to be good but Mad Max will be my favorite Fallout game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Have they said more about how the base building will play out? No doubt, I'm gonna make Dickton but will the Raiders come to attack forever or is there some sorta goal?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Greenmangaming is giving me a runaround with some Playfire account that I never set up. It just keeps screaming for a Playfire password but I don't have any linked accounts.

Who do I have to gently caress to get a sweet discount?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I wound up buying Fo3 GOTY to try out A Tale of Two Wastelands. It's pretty loving great. Now I'm trying to find a compatible graphic overhaul that takes off the green/orange hues and adds some foliage.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks, those looks great especially the frozen DC.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bethesda, let me fulfill my fantasy of playing a 10 Cha barter guy by setting up a roadside market that eventually becomes a town.

BY LOW, SELL HIGH

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mr. Fortitude posted:

So in other words roleplay as Resident Evil 4's merchant guy?

Oh my god yes!
Isn't there an anime game that lets you do that? I didn't try it because anime.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They really should do an ad campaign (even though this game doesn't need it) where they integrate Fallout themes into transit and metro signs around Boston IRL.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Replaying Skyrim and the Fallouts is making me more excited for this.
However, I had forgotten how utterly lovely stealth was in FO3. Gonna rush Anchorage to get the suit.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Buck Turgidson posted:

10 Luck + Jinxed

10 luck + 10 CHA + Jinxed = A walking conduit to an ancient trickster god. Recruit every mortal susceptible to your whims and make them do your bidding. Watch as the super mutant tries to fire a rocket at your cult but turns himself into a greasy stain.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lazy_Liberal posted:

My baby's due date coincides with this game's release date so I can be a dad while I'm being a dad.

You have time to abandon your family.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Back Hack posted:

That thing always bothered me, I still don't understand how it suppose to function, like at all, when the magazine is inserted near the front and the ejection port is way in the back of the gun. I know this game series isn't realistic at all, but goddamn, that's like below a level of 101 gun stuff right there.

How does this thing even cycle a bolt!?

UHHHHHHHHH
Obviously, the gas fires the casing all the way back and then is ejected.
It's simple loving science, you morans :smuggo:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This game will be fun and I am looking forward to playing it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Do we know if we get crossbows, harpoon guns, laser fists or something along that line?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poo poo. I thought this was coming out on Veterans Day.
I took the wrong day off!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a summary of features somewhere?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So is game good or is game bad?

I throw money at game either way but would like opinion before play.

Very important I do not let myself have a real experience.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What a good thread.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Peztopiary posted:

Melee stealth in Skyrim involves your heavy armored stealth specced Khajjit supplexing her way through a mine of very briefly surprised vikings and then falling onto a hag-raven daggers first. It's an enormously entertaining way to play. You have to leave your companion outside though, because they're too stupid to live.

You also don't wear a shirt, you use alteration and restoration magic because if I'm going to play a Monk I'm gonna do it right...

...by dropping the Peoples Elbow on a dragons neck.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Seashell Salesman posted:

I think when I installed TTW in the past I just forced the installer to run as admin and then it's fine.

That's what I did and only had issues finding the train station because downtown DC all looks the same.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Picked this and the season pass from GMG because whatever. Picked up Vermintide as well because Warhammer just... gets me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rabidredneck posted:

I got some money coming in so I've decided to replace my GT 740 2Gb with a GTX 960 2Gb. I figure if that's what it takes to be sure Fallout 4 runs okay on my system, it'll be worth it. Gotta splurge on the expensive stuff once in a while, right?

If you can, go for the 970. The improvement for the money is worth it if you get a nice deal. If a card comes with a game I want, I subtract 60 bucks from the price. Mine came with Witcher 3 so it made swallowing the price easier.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I will not complain one bit because I bought this game with only watching the first trailer. If it's crap, it is my fault for encouraging that kind of behavior.

THAT BEING SAID
If, at some point, we don't have the option to implant the dogs brain into a cyber body (better still if it's humanoid with custom animations) I will return the game somehow and burn down Maryland.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

frajaq posted:

what weapon is that on the right?

Okay wow. Maybe it's because I'm on my phone but I thought the one on the left was a photo, at first.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The more that comes out, the more optimistic I'm becoming. Of course, even the worst doomsayers will still pour a hundred hours into this.
I was a little worried when the local Fred Meyer's was playing the trailer and it looked kinda crappy. Then I remembered that it was a lovely and well-worn display completely unoptimized. Watched the same thing at home and it was gorgeous.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, less than a month until release

Game good or game bad

No one has played but we all know what it will be

Good game bad or bad game good

Let's play 400 hours before we decide

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My last sneaky NV guy was all melee.
Sneak attacks with a Super Sledge are pretty loud but, provided the target's friend is slightly tuned away, it may as well be a tiny knife to the ribs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crotch Bat posted:

Will a GTX 960 2GB with an i7 be good enough for this? I don't really care about ULTRA MAX FULL ON 120FPS poo poo, I just want like 50-60fps steady on maybe high.

That trailer, though. Can't wait.

It's really hard to tell but I suspect you will be fine. Posts like these are almost impossible to assist with because there is a lot more than those two components that go into a games performance. 960 isn't great but I have a 970 and have no issues with current games.

Edit: gently caress me for keeping tabs open.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's so cool that they angled the trees like that. NV was a hoot but I got so, so sick of seeing orange desert 24/7.
Happy to see a moderate amount of setting diversity. Creeping around and slowly having the grass turn to dirt and then to ash as you approach ground zero would be a little touch that would really sell the gravitas of the setting.

Modding FO3 and parts of NV to have more living flora made playing them more realistic and interesting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Do we know the total relative size of the play area?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In FO2, 10 Luck, High End/STR and Jinxed meant you could roll up to fools and punch them so hard that their guns exploded.

Please let me recreate Gild Slapnipples.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Recorded name question:

Will there be a list of the "thousands" of names with spoken dialogue?
Maybe an icon that appears when you enter your name to let you know it's on the list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LumberingTroll posted:

Do we know if they will be doing a global timezone staggered release? I really don't want to use a VPN to unlock it early but I sure as gently caress will.

11/10 at 12 am PST for everyone.
Adjust as necessary.

• Locked thread