Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Generic Monk posted:

....?

You feel yourself and SUPER MUTANT becoming closer together...

Your power to create DEATHCLAWS of the BRUTAL MURDER arcana has increased!

hell we got troy baker lets just do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Republican Vampire posted:

It's 23 October, 2015. Which is cool cuz the Great War happened on October 23 in Fallout.

and so the postin wars will begin...

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

To the person who asked earlier. The city over run by feral animals was Denver. They had some great ideas for what was going to be Van Bruen.

Is. Denver is mentioned in that state many times in NV.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Snak posted:

Not really on topic, but does Fallout New Vegas get good? I picked it up for cheap because I like Fallout in general and I had heard a lot of people say it was good, better than Fallout 3. So far it's like, really annoying fetch quests and killing geckos and really uninteresting environments. I'm not very far into it, I know, but it really hasn't grabbed me at all. Unlike fallout 3, there aren't good radio stations either.

If you are still in Goodsprings, that's just the tutorial. Keep at it, it gets amazing.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

cubicle gangster posted:

Is NV worth playing on a ps3? I'm under the impression it was poo poo but i've got a craving for some fallout. if it's barely playable i'll skip it though.

No. The engine does not play well with the PS3 at all.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Zzulu posted:

Bethesda animations often sucking is a mystery to me. I mean they've been bad through so many different games now. You'd think that if it was a person or a team of people who just weren't very good they'd at least get better over the years but nope

Pretty sure its an engine limitation.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

MisterBibs posted:

I don't get the "Fallout 3 is fanfiction" thing. It's not fanfiction if the folks writing the property own the property. It's just... ya know, fiction by the author.

If anything, New Vegas is the fan fiction. The folks who don't own the property writing their own little side-story, safely isolated 2,453 miles away / 37 days (as the Courier walks) from the real action/story.

New Vegas, as a city, is no different than picking a random three-digit number and putting the word "Vault" in front of it.

you da man bibs

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Mordaedil posted:

I thought we basically got Van Buren with New Vegas. Regardless, I don't think I want an offbrand Fallout.

Certain parts of VB became canon, like Denver and the Ciphers.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The entire questline is totally invalidated right at the end, you're supposed to go into a radioactive room and push a button and die. This is patently retarded because there are both a ghoul (actually healed by radiation) and a robot companion but if you bring them they just give some bullshit "nuh uh you do it bithc" answer. The whole thing is so hamfisted and relies heavily on raw coincidence for it's deus ex machina BS. Frankly I've never actually seen anyone write that many words about it and now you've got me doing it and aaaaaaaaaaah

Don't forget the super mutant who has been established as being able to resist radiation is like NAH BRO THIS IS DESTINY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

silencekit posted:

The Twitch chat where everyone is screaming at him to holster his gun is better than this thread.

• Locked thread