Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
That final scene where he pets the dog looks like Interplay rose from the dead to make more FMV cutscenes IMHO.

Gonna play the poo poo out of this game though, can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I would absolutely love to see a FO game take place in China or Europe or something. Just handwave you character as the great-grandchild of a POW or something from the Great War or something, then basically play Metro 2033.

Speaking of which, Vault-Tec had vaults to house people in USA, did the other countries also have Vaults of their own, or did they all just become ghouls?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

achillesforever6 posted:

No turns out that all the nukes that hit Europe and China were duds because of shoddy work and they have spent the last 200 years laughing and progressing

Ah, pulling the old "28 Days Later" card on us.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

MisterBibs posted:

If I remember my Fallout 1 (or was it 2?) intro right, Europe was a Fallout Ruin before the Great War even kicked off.

I'm digging around on the Wiki and that makes sense, since the European Commonwealth basically invaded the middle east for their oil, until the oil wells all ran dry and they stopped fighting because there was nothing left to fight for. Tel Aviv got nuked, but I'm not seeing anything about the UK or the other countries.

Yet.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Can't decide which is the greater of two evils: Bethesda's story writing or the Fallout Thread shitposts.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

SunAndSpring posted:

I suppose the main protagonist could be the baby you see at the beginning, but I think that's pretty unlikely. They've already done that once. Probably just gonna be what I said earlier.

The baby is forced to grow up alone in the Vault chamber because everyone else dies. It's raised by a group of Mr. Handy robots using nothing but various books and holodisks. Eventually the baby grows up into an awkward adult that's had no contact with other humans and is force to leave the vault to find parts to repair his surrogate robot family.

Basically it'll be like the hit 90's film "Blast from the Past" starring Brenden Fraser.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
On rails if you stick to only doing the main quests to get to the ending but who does that in these kinds of games? I think I'm like 300 hours into Skyrim and I still haven't beaten the final quest, too many side things to do.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Zzulu posted:

The dog will follow you around and auto-scavenge cool stuff for you, fight enemies with you and bark real loud if it finds a hidden entrance to some cool place. You and the dog will become best buds, he will be the only friend you truly trust in this broken world. Then the bad guy will kill your dog your dog goes feral and you have to snap it's neck to put it out of it's misery. :(

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Chomp8645 posted:

This is Todd Howard and I am making this cannon.

The dog will be voiced by a real dog and must be male however.

The dog will be voiced by Troy Baker who just says "Bark bark bark" enthusiastically to everything.

Also, I'm pretty sure that no matter how bad pre-war society was, it would be pretty easy to wish for that existence again when you're drinking radiation pee water out of a toilet to survive while fending off murder-Ghouls and Raiders.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Steezo posted:

I wonder if you'll be able to have a female super mutant companion.

How could you tell the difference, I mean besides the name?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Apparently the Fallout Wiki now redirects to a RIP wiki

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Milky Moor posted:

so if you buy the physical PC copy of this you still need to download 19gb

that's cool, i didn't want to play this for the next thirty six hours due to my lovely australian internet anyway

I'm pretty sure this was the same deal with the PC box version of MGSV, once you opened it there was just a disc with a Steam installer and a cdkey to download the game.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

"I'm sick of all these freakin' ghouls on my lawn"

If I could get a gold chain accessory I would totally play Carl from ATHF in the post apocalypse

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Quick question, why can I slap armor bits on when I'm wearing my Vault Suit, but not when I'm wearing a Tuxedo? Is there some kind of class difference between the underlayers of clothing?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Scoss posted:

The game does a shitpiss job of explaining its armor layers system, but Tuxedos and other "outfit" type clothing will occupy both your jumpsuit and all of your armor slots. Don't wear them except for funsies. Jumpsuits are different, they only take up your "underlayer" and you can equip armor pieces on top of them.

I had a feeling this would be the case, I want to dress up fancy AND be defensible :( Guess I can wait for mods for that.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Welp, wandered into an armory and found Power Armor inside, missing an arm and a helmet, no biggie. Slap it on, step back outside and I run into a LEGENDARY SKULL SENTRY BOT SPRAYING BULLETS LIKE CONFETTI! Get it down to half health when suddenly LEGENDARY SENTRY BOT HAS MUTATED, FULL HEALTH! Then I got murdered :(

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Best bug yet, I turned the corner at the Beantown Brewery, the graphics flipped out and I got teleported about 100 feet in the air about a mile away from where I was, dropping to my death. It was like getting trolled by a server admin.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Filthy Hans posted:

Any line with an open parenthesis followed by a closed will help you, by removing a dud option or resetting your chances before failure.

Hope this helps.

{ } [ ] and <> are all valid hacks

efb

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Shoot, they should have just made it so whichever gender you choose has the military background, so if I choose to play as the woman, she has an identical story as the man, no need to half rear end things.

Harrow posted:

I would very much like a mod that lets me wear an outfit over armor. Like, let me wear a duster or the Brotherhood recruit outfit over the piecemeal armor so I can look cool and also not get torn to shreds due to having no DR.

Having to choose between fashion and not dying is suffering :negative:

This is gonna be one of the first mods I pick up, I need to be a dapper killing machine that can take more than 2 hits.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Just got me a legendary piece of wood

It's maaaagic

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Ok, my favorite interaction so far is way up north near a bunker, you run into a Mr. Gutsy who demands you to return to your home due to a curfew in effect. He asks "Return to your home, will you comply?" Where you can refuse, accept or another option simply says Will You Comply. Hitting that option, the player character says "Will you comply?" back at the robot, who then replies with his original question. You can select "Will You Comply?"several more times except the PC says it in a more robotic voice each time you select it until finally the Mr. Gutsy gets fed up and says CIVIC MALFEASANCE DETECTED and attacks you.

I had a good laugh over this one.

Also, I have some leg armor that basically gives me Bullet Time when my health drops below 20%, it's soooooo nice.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Nerolus posted:

From what I understand, you can give armor and poo poo to companions and they should wear it. I tried to give armor to dudes in the starting town (Im still early in the game) and nobody will wear anything. I gave them all pistols and ammo and they seem to have equipped them just fine though. Is there anything I should put on these dudes? Also, I noticed you can trade with codsworth, but he's got nothing to offer. Would he benefit if I gave him anything? I'm not going to use him as a companion. Speaking of companions: I'm using Dogmeat. I've tried to put things in his inventory to get him to wear poo poo, but I havent found any kind of armor for dogs yet. I noticed he wont wear a harness (obviously this harness is made for BDSM raider types, not dogs... was worth a try though) and he also wont even wear a dog collar. I guess those are meant to be worn on your arm for some loving reason, and not your dog. :confused:

Once you give Dogmeat some cool stuff like Doggy Goggles or Bandannas, you have to go into his inventory and select Equip as well.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I found a skeleton in a dress spanking a skeleton in a sweater vest with a cutting board in an outhouse.

In the stairwell of some random pub I found a skeleton with a hacksaw and handcuff attached to one wrist. There was another skeletal forearm lying on the ground, but no skeleton :iiam:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

a worthy uhh posted:

Who knows if this has ever been mentioned but I swear to god in Vault 81 the mole rat disease can be transferred through a companion getting bit, which we know, but ALSO through the loving Protectron that you can enable in the Secret Vault. I _did not_ take a single molerat bite/scratch/whatever, and still have the drat molerat disease, which I didn't realize until after I gave that lovely kid the cure.

I had to do a lot of savescumming here because I also had no idea what was causing it. I even ran back to grab my Power Armor because I read that wearing that would prevent it, but nope. I finally assumed I was getting it from being too close to the corpses but in the end I never figured out why I kept contracting it. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
. "Now we file a police report, yes? And all the little thingies go in the little baggies as evidence!" is my new favorite fallout quote from Curie as I finish killing like 10 raiders at an outpost.

• Locked thread