Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

when ubisoft or EA make bad games they are pissant garbagedumps of boredom

but when bethesda makes bad games i.e. fallout 3 and NV--both of which I played for like 30 hours---they are entertaining masterpieces of unintentionally hilarious glitches, fuckups, ugly doll people and ragdoll bloodmurder physics. what I'm saying is Fallout 4 will be hilarious and Good for Entertainment

New Vegas was developed by Obsidian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

-Is there a list of names that the game recognizes around yet? I tried 'Reagan' on a lark and nailed it, so I'm curious to see how deep the rabbit hole goes (yes, I know about Fuckface and Boobies).

Third post on this page man - http://orcz.com/Fallout_4:_Recorded_Names_List

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Binary maths.

The way you store negative numbers is by putting a 1 at the beginning of the number in binary.

Nope, not exactly (for integers, anyway)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two%27s_complement

It's more like negative numbers in signed integers count down from what would be the very largest value that can be stored in an unsigned integer.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tei posted:

A signed byte don't just count from any arbitrary value down. it start in 127 that is when the first bit turn on. So you and the other guy say the same thing. Both of you are right, except your description is how a high level programmer would describe it, and his description is how a guy near the iron, a assembler programmer or a chip designer would describe it.

Hello hi I do assembler and stuff. Twos complement is not the same as 'putting a 1 at the beginning of the number' - that's sign-magnitude representation, which is what IEEE floating point does, but not integers on any vaguely modern machine. -1 starts at what would be 255, not 127, but even then only if you're looking at a byte value rather say a 64 bit number - then -2 maps to 254, and so on and so forth.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I always take the idea that the actual bombs fell in some poorly defined "other place" and everywhere we are exploring is where everything was killed by 'fallout' from the war.

We literally see where the bomb fell in the intro, though?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Serf posted:

Yeah, this. Fallout is a parody of the 1950s American future, and stuff like the Pip-Boy, Nuka Cola and general aesthetic are rooted in mid-20th century Americana. The Vaults themselves and the idea of surviving and rebuilding after nuclear war are very much tied to American attitudes.

Personally I'd really love to see a 1950s Soviet Fallout. :ussr:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

That's just what they tell you. In all actuality, everyone from Sanctuary Hills got into the vault. I guess they were trying to make you feel special or something so that you'd say yes.

But you see people being refused entrance...

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, I think a Davy Crockett's actual yield would be closer to what we saw when one appeared in MGS3. But it's all theoretical.

No it isn't, they test fired those things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Feller_%28nuclear_tests%29

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

mackintosh posted:

the Railroad are about as competent and delusional as the French Resistance

Eh? The actual French Resistance were actually both pretty competent and fully aware of what they were up against?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Deified Data posted:

Why would the Railroad have an interest in creating more synths? To them it's a civil rights issue effecting a certain group of people - they organized as a response to Institute oppression. Bringing more synths into the world isn't part of their mission in any way. It would probably just make it harder to help the synths they're currently serving.

Why would the synths want to create more synths? We can't assume they have the human drive to do so. You could argue it's more like abolishing the slave trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Take the Intel one out? Unless it's like onboard graphics from your motherboard. You can disable it in the device manager and then Fallout should have no choice but to use the Radeon

Uh do intel even make graphics cards you can take out?

But yeah, you can disable integrated graphics in the BIOS, too.

• Locked thread