Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad of this topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This game will probably be ugly and bad, but somehow also good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Kerstbal posted:

Guess what? Not me.

:eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is there any ballpark release date yet

like holiday 2015 or something

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I know this is going to be an ugly, broken, janky game with stilted diagloue but at the same time, all Fallout games have been, same with Skyrim

still fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Firstborn posted:

Were titties bigger in the '50s, and related, does radiation make titties bigger?

no, yes

and im glad of it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Judge Tesla posted:

Everyone in this thread's gonna buy it and have over 4000 hours play time, like they did with Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim, the graphics aren't the best but they are far from terrible, infact, graphics are the last thing I'd give a poo poo about in Fallout.
All I want is to wear future robot armour and shoot lasers at mutated dudes/shopkeepers/dogs, everything else is secondary.

yes but we can still make fun of the game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

yes but we can still make fun of the game

i plan on posting really bad about the game just because it will upset people even though im gonna play the poo poo out of it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sharkopath posted:

I think it looks pretty good, at least the atmospheric effects and lighting are definitely a step above bethesdas other games.

it reminds me of fallout with bioshock infinite graphics

im glad of it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sharkopath posted:

That seems lame, you should just post good about stuff you like instead.

ill do both friend

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Yeah but something tells me those nice effects and lighting are going to be mysteriously absent in the final game.

on consoles? yes

definitely

on pc? no they'll still be there and then people will put out graphics enhancements + nude mods

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Guaranteed consoles are the lead platform as has been the case with every Bethesda game so if the effects get the axe there, they're gone on PC too.

thats pretty much now how that works tho

they just pretty much disable the effects and questions about "which version looks the best" get ignored and then the PC version looks way better

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Firstborn posted:

Nobody is excited about the new pop culture references?
Predictions:

- The wrecking ball from Miley Cyrus video and some guy talks about a ghoul that lost her jaw so she always has her tongue sticking out.
- The Boston Commonwealth has one dude who argues that there's no way the bandits can get through their wall, b/c their stolen jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams
- Pepe the frog scrawled on a wall
- A unique set of power armor colored like Iron Man
- When you get dogmeat the previous owner says "so dog much fallout wow" and is retarded from nuclear fallout
- probably something from Mad Max

same but IRL unironically agreed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Firstborn posted:

- a gun named after reddit

they could do a quest where you try to investigate a murder and you bring a picture around to a bunch of people in a town, all of whom speculate on who the killer could be and then based on the (lack of) evidence you lead a hysterical mob to kill the murderer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

they could do a quest where you try to investigate a murder and you bring a picture around to a bunch of people in a town, all of whom speculate on who the killer could be and then based on the (lack of) evidence you lead a hysterical mob to kill the murderer

also then the brotherhood catches the real bad guy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

There better be a Cult of Tom Brady that use pumps as weapons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mackintosh posted:

Agreed. I think for a lot of people NV was too far into the future setting-wise. I think a lot of players wanted Fallout's setting to be in the early post-apocalyptic days, as opposed to 200 years in the future. Fallout 3's art direction and map design made it feel like the bombs fell recently. Which, obviously, was at odds with the entire Fallout lore.

this was honestly the worst part of fallout 3

if its 200 years in the future yes things should be a wreck but there shouldn't be scraps from the war just piled like they were when the bombs dropped right in the middle of the road

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Commissar Of Doom posted:

I just hope Obsidian makes another Fallout game.

ill help you with simulating it

done

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fereydun posted:

so whats up w the pre-war scene stuff using ingame assets

are you gonna be an eternal highlander who survived a nuclear apocalypse just to go out into the wasteland to hunt other highlanders for the secret of true immortality

given that they had some like "memory lane" or whatever store i have a feeling you'll be able to go into simulations ala that 50s wonderland that got invaded by Chinese commies

I would love for there to be a lot of quests like that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Droid posted:

Oh by an 8 year old engine for a game that will be released in 2015 on last gen consoles. Yipee. You've really hit it out of the park this time, Bethesda. Whoo-hoo.

i feel like remembering saying like 'no way are they going to use gamebryo on the next game' like at least 2 times in the past already

and here we are

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

slev posted:

Boston sucks, why couldn't they pick a good city?

i was calling for the Texas Commonwealth which would have owned, but i guess would have been too much like new vegas unless it was east Texas / Arkansas

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

Uhh but we already knew the Commonwealth is MA in the Fallout setting (it's also the most famous state using the term commonwealth). Plus all the Institute stuff.

yea but they did have a Texas Commonwealth in fallout lore im pretty sure

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Professor Shark posted:

I am excited for this game and also excited I won't have to update my graphics card, but maybe I will I don't know

its gamebryo there is no loving way you are going to have to upgrade

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I preferred 3's setting to New Vegas. Everything in the Capital Wasteland felt like it was in a state of flux, with people huddled into poisoned, bombed-out towns and rotting, mirelurk-infested aircraft carriers because those places only might kill you when what's outside definitely will. New Vegas by comparison just felt a little bit too settled and safe. Nonchalantly wandering off into the hills to shoot varmints should be a death sentence, not a training mission.

I know that some level of normality should have resumed ~200 years after the bombs, but that doesn't mean it makes for a better game.

i like that too actually i just would have liked to see a bit more industry on behalf of people i guess, which i felt like new vegas had

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OAquinas posted:

At this point, its less of a gamebryo and more of an octogamerian. Gameiatric?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SunAndSpring posted:

Please let there be no level scaling.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

Bizarre because it's really the opposite. I mean the fact that FO3 is good for probably one playthrough when I went through NV four times (since my computer had to be reformatted or replaced between DLCs so I had to replay to get to them).

It's not just the setting, New Vegas is better in every other way as well.

thats true except for the DLC with like the neck explosive thing

that one was bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mackintosh posted:

Fallout 3 wasn't initially a Steam title. A lot of people bought it retail and via GFWL.

please put a trigger warning for GFWL going forward

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

megalodong posted:

I will preorder this game and then incessantly defend it prior to release from any and all minor criticisms. Once it launches I will shift to telling people that if they don't like it why are they posting about it?

literally this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ShadowMar posted:

This game is gonna suck but I'm still gonna buy it, all the DLC, and then spend 300+ hours on it because I am a pathetic and depraved human being.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Guys, is this a good game?

yes gently caress you for questioning this this is the fallout thread if you dont like it go somewhere else

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mackintosh posted:

Because they must have the super duper laser guided vibrator vault toy pre-order bonus.

that sounds hot and im glad of it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

Like I hadn't bought a console game in years until I bought Bloodborne and the guy's all did you preorder and I go nah and he goes we're all sold out but oh you can just buy a download code.

man im glad i dont have to go into a store anymore to buy a game and deal with those shitlords

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Commissar Of Doom posted:

Rope Kid make a new fallout game plz

but if there are base building mechanics dont make them entirely pointless and tacked on like pillars of eternity

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

megalodong posted:

I will remain cautiously optimistic that they've learnt how to make a game with more depth than a puddle, but it's not likely.

They won't

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

enraged_camel posted:

what the hell is wrong with you

and you

What

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I heard this game is good so you people need to chill the gently caress out with that negativity, it's NOT needed here.

Yea

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game is going to look sweet on PC with some mods

its going to look bad everywhere else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They wont be need to take cues from New Vegas. I think they also need to take cues from The Witcher and really any sort of action oriented RPG put out between New Vegas and now.

they won't tho

• Locked thread