Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Shugojin posted:

It absolutely was possible to break locks if you hosed up.

Yep and you could use explosives on things to force it open once that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

can you nerds stop bickering for 2 seconds about the gfx and tell me if there's a 25% off GMG coupon somehwere?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I pre-ordered mine through Green Man Gaming so I don't even have a code yet.

Same. It'll come out prolly a day before the release so you can preload, I wouldn't worry too much.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Fergus posted:

Am I only the one who thinks the graphics have been getting progressively worse throughout this stream?

yeah this game doesn't even have photorealistic rocks like battlefront lol

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Nice. Can't wait to hoard useless trash and spend hours agonizing over inconsequential poo poo .

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Valatar posted:

It's not. Survivor is just the name of the highest difficulty setting. It doesn't track food/water/sleep or anything of that sort.

so it just makes enemies bullet sponges?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

is this garbage stream constantly buffering for you nerds too? why isnt this on twitch?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Baracula posted:

the game is bad and your mother is a whore

counnterpoint. it's fallout and it's good. all fallouts are good and youre bad at video games.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

conversation piece posted:

The cash register noise rules.

Also :wtc: there are super mutants that suicide with nukes now

needs a tower defense dlc now

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Ranter posted:

980ti 144hz user chiming in here with my experience: solid 144 fps in game on ultra up until the overseer terminal, at which point you encounter a bug and cannot move away from it after exiting. I had to disable g-sync to get it working.

what resolution bro?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I've ran into two bugs a lot:

1. when you use something, your char auto paths to it and if there's an object in the way you're hosed
2. terminals lock you in place

Other than that the game is good, plays on ultra with a 280x. The new perk system sucks, the new weapons are garbage. that's my yelp review

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Zeron posted:

Am I missing something in regards to radiation management? It's so easy to gain and the only ways I've found to deal with it are pretty rare so far, it honestly feels like it's supposed to go down over time or something instead of leaving me at half health unless I use one of my incredibly rare rad-aways(or get one of the radiation perks I suppose).

radaway is not rare you just needed to LOOT every bathroom mirror in the first town to stock up. those mirrors dont look like interactable objects so you might have missed a few

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

busfahrer posted:

How would they even patch it? Dagger fall was when, 93?

CDs that came with of mags had patches.

anatomi posted:

Is there a way to convert stuff stored at the workbench to resources?

I don't think you need to. It's automatically counted as its breakdown parts.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Any good mods out yet

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Thanks man

BeOSPOS posted:

I've got a dumb q: how do I check fps on this game? I'm on pc

enable fps overlay through steam settings and it works on every steam game from now on

Also any achievements tied to difficulty setting?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Am I supposed to dock my power armor in the station somehow or do I just leave it where it is?

Yeah power station if you want to make changes to it but don't ever try to replace the fusion core from the front. Breaks your game

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm pretty sure I just killed more raiders in the Corvega factory than there were in the entire city of New Vegas, holy poo poo. I was there a while. The raider with the Fat Man blew himself up though so I couldn't get the launcher; he and the gun flew off somewhere.

if its any consolation the next few missions to clear raiders are much easier and shorter.

i killed about a dozen legendary npcs and the loot is kinda terrible so far. Most notable item was a machete with +dmg to mirelurks from a super mutant.

they really need to fix the bug with the terminals locking you in place.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

LumberingTroll posted:

This is my raider murder machine.

81 Damage per shot.

People complaining about Survival being bad because bullet sponge enemies are doing it wrong, kit your weapons out and use them to your advantage, armor piercing mods are great as well. I 2 shot legendaries.

post more pics of your settlement please it looks awesome!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I'd like to see that confirmed too, I'm probably not going to use anyone besides Dogmeat just because I don't care for wrangling companions.

This is how I roll too. So the lone wanderer perk works with dogmeat I can confirm it because my carry weight did go up with dogmeat following me. Lost the carry weight bonus as soon as I got another companion.

It's a great perk all around.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

ymgve posted:

Does this work with Codsworth too? Or is he too "human"?

Do all companions have the same inventory size? Codsworth's limit seems to be 150lb.

I would say no? I got a similar robot companion from vault 81 and that's when I noticed I lost the carry weight bonus.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I know, I have a camo undershirt and I have some legendary armor pieces with bonuses.

But even then, this guy wearing a camo t-shirt with a rickity metal cage on top or some leather straps appears to be much much worse suited to the wasteland than when I'm just wearing a duster coat and a nice sealed helmet.

My problem is that I don't have enough options for the piecemeal armor right now, they all look hilariously ramshackle. Meanwhile there's several sets of clothing that look just fine and complete, but they offer basically zero protection.

The full-suit armor needs a major buff to be competitive.

Alternatively just give me a loving transmog system so I can look how I want while still having decent stats. You'd think an armor crafting system would let you do that, but this is very limited.

Exactly. Full armor is massively massively undertuned.

I feel the same way, i dont play 3rd person so i dont know why i care but i hate running around looking a junkyard on two legs.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Drythe posted:

What the gently caress are you idiots bitching about armor for when you should just be inside a suit of Power Armor?

Game is easy enough on survival, dont need to make it trivial. i would take a mod that instantly opens locked doors and terminals as long as you have the perks. that poo poo is just a waste of time

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Frankenoodle posted:

Genuine question: How can you say this? On Survival, a pack of 3 ghouls will instagib me if it weren't for Dogmeat distracting them as I shoot them with 65 laser blasts. I sometimes need to use every tactic and drug at my disposal just to live. That Corvega factory was especially intense. I had to bait them and use mines and molotov cocktails. In a straight up fight, two or three raiders will just kill me. I can usually get one in VATS before I really start hurting, and if there are two left when I'm out of AP, it's not a fight I'm going to win.

What are you doing differently that makes it easy?

In Fallout 3 and NV, the game eventually got easy when I had a killer Shishkebab or a .50 Sniper Rifle, but in Fallout 4 at level 10 or so, Survival is a bitch.

So it seems that the ai will stop rushing you if there's enough world geometry between you two. If I trigger a fight I just back the gently caress up a couple hundred feet and take cover and take potshots with non automatic weapons. Eat food during fights. Let dog be stupid and distract me. General idea is take your time. Ghoul ambushes I just reload and jump on top of objects so they can't reach. Super mutants just snipe em. Snipe everything.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

parasyte posted:

Have I got news for you! Another goon has made just that.

Thanks bud

For people not getting ideal framerates these tweaks did help me substantially

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sdyu7/the_old_ini_tweaks_still_work/

Anyone have the item id for the mole rat cure?

Found it 00055F10

afkmacro fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 13, 2015

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Everdraed posted:

take a bath mama murphy

did your sight see this one coming??

You won the game

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

So it's probably been mentioned but I missed it so has anyone fought and won against the swan monster?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

someone mentioned the industrial water purifiers. how do you build/use them? what do you have to do besides put them in the river?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

so i've been base building in sanctuary a little and i've never been very creative with stuff like this. what would help me tremendously is a command to delete static objects. anyone know of one? I just found out about ScrapAll which makes cleaning up new settlements much easier but this leaves buildings and stuff in place. I want to get rid of houses in sanctuary.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

hard to take this conversation seriously

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

So question about Kellogg. If he kidnaps your infant child, and you meet your kid when he looks to be about 60 years old how the gently caress is Kellogg still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Skilleddk posted:

I'm pretty drat bored with the game 30 hours in. There just feels like there's nothing more fun to do. I followed the main quest until I got inside the institute, then lost interest in it. Roaming around and clearing the same drat banding camps is getting really stale too. I think I've explored all of the map too by this point (not been inside every building obviously). Is there really anything more to the game than collecting loving duct tape, trying out a new weapon mod and then going back to the SIXCRANK MUSKET

I don't get it. I've replayed F1, F2 and Fallout: Tactics dozens of times and loved Fallout 3 (probably spent 500+ hours). New Vegas was constantly crashing on me so I just rushed the mainquest so no opinion on that :v:

1. game is pretty formulaic
2. you're getting old
3. download mods

• Locked thread