Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Anyone got that 4K screenshot from the OP? The link is brok't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Polaron posted:

I love how imposing and mechanical they seem to be making the power armor in this game. In F3 and New Vegas, the power armor was just, well..Tougher armor. It didn't affect the way you moved, it didn't give you big boomy footsteps. It was all slightly underwhelming. Nobody even reacted to you becoming a walking tank.

It's the same with Fallout 1 and 2. Walk around starving and dehydrating peasants wearing hulking 8 feet tall metal power armor and they're all like "Hey what up, fellow starving and dehydrated peasant."

Could anyone imagine if Beth were to use power armor being like the driving parts in FPS games of the past. That is, they only happen at a certain part of the storyline and in a confined area. Considering how we see the PC suit-up, maybe this means it's being treated as more of a vehicle and less like 'clothes'.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
:speculate:

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

chitoryu12 posted:

Very Easy locks are basically pointless busywork already. In New Vegas the right spot is always at the default starting location for the bobby pin, so you just turn the lock without needing to find the sweet spot at all. I'd rather the game just let you instantly open those doors with the right skill level.

i thought the lock system was shite compared to oblovious

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Hopper posted:

Random post:
I went into the new exhibition in the Dublin Science Gallery today. It is called SECRET and is about encryption etc.
They have a lock picking exhibit where they give you a lockpick and let you try your luck at 1,2,3,4 and 5 pin locks that look exactly like fallout locks. I failed at the 4 pin one.

Go see it if you are in Dublin line, it is really good and free.

I'll check it out.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Are you the annoying idiot who would constantly interject with a nasally "WELL ACTUALLY" whenever someone used hyperbole for comedic affect?

You clown!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Magmarashi posted:

DRUNK MATH IS BAD

The original post here read "8 years ago was 2003. Kotor, CoD, etc"

you can't run away from your past

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

You're a clown!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Blue Raider posted:

'seen any elves?!!! HAHAHAHAHA' --todd howard's high school bully, probably

Don't sign you r posts

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Hashtag GBS posted:

Mods, move this thread to GBS please

That's wehre you live!!!!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Bethesda should be classified an organisation sponsoring terrorism after this steamy delicious turd which I put in my mouth and swallow game.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Activated my GMG code.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

taco_fox posted:

I heard this game is going to be Bad. confirm/deny

It looks and sounds bad but there's still hope.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm hyped for disappointment. I think that's the best way to go in to every game.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Fintilgin posted:

The thing that has me the most excited about Fallout 4 is that there is a (admittedly small) chance that we'll eventually get another real Fallout game from Obsidian. :dance:

But, in the meantime, I guess I'll have fun wandering around shooting stuff and hoarding stimpacks while trying to avoid the hamhanded 'story'.

We are not getting another Fallout game from Obsidian.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
My Fallout 4 character is going to be Albert; the charismatic laywer.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I was always teased by that paint-gun, I want it to be a real thing in F4

Post apocalyptic splatoon is what I'm after

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Lakbay posted:

They are because (early/mid game spoilers) No one can find the institute because their building doesn't have an entrance because they have TELEPORTATION

lol

Why are these guys suited to make open world games again?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Todd Howard is intellectually dishonest and has betrayed the customer trust.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Does someone have a picture of HATE NEWSPAPERS? I need to see it to believe it

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

tamphex posted:

I could care less what time it's released, as early tomorrow morning I'll be in hospital with a fibre optic camera in a tube shove up my arse.

Well, that's my Fallout 4 story.

post a link to the stream

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Did everyone make sure to choose HATE NEWSPAPERS?

Also I guess you could take a shot and get pretty drunk every time you thought you were going to say one thing and said something completely different.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Baron Bifford posted:

I just realized something about Nick Valentine. He's a private detective, yet not once has he asked me for money. What is his motivation for following me around?

You just saved his life, didn't you? :confused:

My high charisma got his secretary to pay me actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I like how the best the wastes can muster is pipe weaponry but get a little bit of steel and plastic and you can magic up some 21st century optics.

• Locked thread