Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

The new open world RPG from Bethesda Game Studios: Fallout 4, releasing on PS4, Xbone and PC. Set in Boston, you are a a pre-war guy or gal who descends into Vault 111 when the bombs fall and through a series of shenanigans awaken 200 years later in, well, what's left. Flying in the face of games appearing at E3 multiple times in a row Fallout 4 will be hitting shelves this year, on the 10th November 2015. Keep your schedule clear!

For the first time in a Bethesda game your character is voiced and conversations appear to have adopted an (optional) shot/reverse shot style found in conventional 3D RPGs. Lord only knows what unholy bugs may result.

Customization appears to be the name of the game; creating your character looks easier than ever with them dispensing with sliders in favour of directly selecting parts of your character's face to mess around with, you can customize your power armour, weapons and even build your own little hamlet. In the vein of customization modding is again fully supported for PC, with those same mods able to be transferred over to the Xbone version!!!!!!! The creation kit mod tools will be coming in very early 2016 with the xbone compatibility soon after.

Combat and graphics both appear much improved with more fluid animations, though it looks like skills have been deprecated, possibly in favour of perks. It remains to be seen whether this is a good idea. Power Armour is finally the ridiculous exoskeleton it should be; one hopes this isn't just for scripted cutscenes. A good deal of the ropiness of Fallout 3 appears to have been expunged, hopefully not replaced by the blandness of Skyrim. Anyway, pretty pictures time.

For your delectation/dissection, the reveal trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnn2rJpjar4

All the gameplay shown at Bethesda's E3 showcase, barring some pip boy stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiV-t3F0i-Q

The gameplay shown at Microsoft's E3 event which includes footage of what looks like a sidequest as well as power armour and the announcement of Xbone mods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5iowfsgiDs

Todd 'The TruthTeller' Howard interview with some small insights into the development, nothing special. Gaze into the abyss of Doritos Pope's soulless eyes while you listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNgEO6ehqp0

HD Screenshot galleries from the E3 demo:
http://imgur.com/a/xsQei
http://imgur.com/a/pcun9

Marvel at the graphics! Complain about the graphics! Whine about theoretical and inevitable bad mechanical decisions! It's all here! It's all queer! Get used to it!

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Can I choose between dating a rapist redhead ghoul or an uptight raven-haired super mutant? Bethesda has a lot they have to compete with in terms of dating simulators.

....?

You feel yourself and SUPER MUTANT becoming closer together...

Your power to create DEATHCLAWS of the BRUTAL MURDER arcana has increased!

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Firstborn posted:

So you made a thread for shitposting? Can we expect another thread with less crying over a loving teaser trailer?

Goons will be goons and Bethesda will be Bethesda. Honest, frank discussion will take place amid, and eventually replace, the apocalyptic 7 stages of grief that accompany the reveal of a dece trailer for a game that will realistically be at least pretty good. OP wise - pragmatically speaking we know almost nothing about the game and while I've heard some rumblings about a leaked audition script thing I'm not reading that or putting any info from it in there.

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 3, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

SERPUS posted:

Why would you preorder this?

TBF I'm likely going to buy this no matter what. Not gonna preorder though out of principle unless I can get a baller discount.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

lmao

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm really confused as to why they're making a voiced protagonist. Feels like a decision made by the executives than something Bethesda came up with by themselves.

Also holy moly, Bethesda, make some new animations. That running animation was lifted straight from Skyrim and it still sucks.

Yeah, if I had to compile a list of poo poo that no one asked for or particularly wanted out of a Bethasda game; 'voiced protagonist' would probably be at the top. Considering their record with most characters it wouldn't even be playing to their strengths. With any luck it's just for the trailer, or at the very least they have a female voice option too.

Skyrim was surprisingly popular with women who didn't usually play games of the type becasue it a)was fairly accessible and b)wasn't super heavily marketed towards an adolescent 'hey boobs/blood' male audience, with creating the character that represented you (or your cat/lizard alter ego) not having any effect on the gameplay. for all of skyrim's myriad flaws it was a nice (if inadvertent) boon.

Republican Vampire posted:

The leaked audition script says otherwise. It has the player VA do both the War Never Changes speech and a sample quest dialogue. It also said they were just looking for one male and one female voice.

well, I guess we can look forward to the paid moe anime player voice packs at least

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

that's one of my fave gamebryo bugs and I hope it makes a glorious return in this game. the games would probably be lesser w/o them.

http://imperialguard.ytmnd.com/

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I think it looks pretty good, at least the atmospheric effects and lighting are definitely a step above bethesdas other games.

Yeah it looks waaaaaay better in motion than in the stills which is encouragingly the opposite of most Bethesda games.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Zzulu posted:

it is, but I guess people expected Far Cry 5 or something

Talking of which I was thinking to myself that I hope the gunplay will be better or at least not complete floaty jank like FO3, then thought of first person open world games with dece gunplay, thought of Far Cry and instantly recoiled. gently caress Far Cry, or more specifically gently caress the grindy, ineffective skinner box Ubi have turned it into. I'd rather play Fallout 3. as a shooter

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I think most games look better that way, or at least I've always been really disappointed every time I take a steam screenshot of something I thought was really cool at the time and look at it later.

With Bethesda games I've found that you can install a bunch of graphics mods and take some great screenshots of lovely vistas and up close in the right lighting, but in motion somewhat taken out of the game by weird animation or someone glitching into a wall, shadows freaking out etc. Then again these are all planned beauty shots anyway so we'll have to wait for actual gameplay to be sure.

I'm optimistic about the gunplay at least, if only because bows in skyrim were pretty dece to use, and ranged weapons are probably easier to make look good compared to janky melee flailing.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This would honestly fit into a Fallout game with the mood of Fallout 2. There'd also be some sort of reference to the "sub-prime" crisis of 2008-09.

Liberty Sub-prime - his rates'll kill ya

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Jack B Nimble posted:

So fallout Oblivion and Fallout 3 were made with the Gamebryo engine, and it's bad at animations and it was already too old when 3 came out, etc etc.. So then Skryim comes out with a new engine, apparently called the Creation Engine, and it looks way better, especially in animations, and all my friends have spent years saying "can't wait for Fallout in the Skyrim engine".

So why does this trailer look like it was made in the Gamebryo engine? I can't be, it just can't be.

Except that This page suggests that yes I'm not crazy and they're going to release a gamebryo engine in 2015. What? Why? What FPS company ever has gone through the trouble of making a new game engine, then go back and release their next game in the previous generations engine? gently caress, gently caress.

I mean, gently caress, I'll play it, and I'll have a good time but...but drat Bethesda, really?

Edit - I mean really I just wanted Bethesda to do the heavy lifting on a Creation Engine fallout so that then the New Vegas guys could make a game from it.

gamebryo isn't necessarily bad in itself; most of the issues people blame on it can be laid squarely at the door of bethesda's ropey programming, animation work and QA testing. rest assured that if they moved to a new engine it'd likely be worse, and the wait between games would be longer. also creation engine is gamebryo numbnuts!

to skyrim's credit the movement feels a lot better than fo3 (i.e. not as horrible and floaty) and the game as a whole is far more stable, even when loaded down with 100 4K textured horse dong mods. if it continues the trajectory from fo3 to skyrim it could maybe even feel... dare i say it... dece? there's bound to be somem under the hood improvements at any rate to take advantage of the new consoles

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 4, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Reason posted:

Yea the trailer looks like poo poo, the mans face in trailer looks like poo poo. I wonder if its some limited because it was designed for last gen consoles thing or what. I wonder if its an issue of game being in development for too long. That might also suggest why its in Gamebryo and not the engine Skyrim was in which was just an updated Gamebryo anyways wasn't it?

The trailer looks good overall; the main issue graphically is how lowres and flat everything looks up close. Most noticeable on the dog.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Well, that is actually reassuring. Also, It seemed like the animations for the for the mutants coming at your in the super market were way better than the pre war evacuation. I mean, really, it's the pre war scenes that look bad. The shots of the main game world are actually awesome - and the lighting and colors look GREAT.

i'd call it less reassuring since they have a pretty poor track record with adding polish that literally everyone wants. they did add diagonal running animations in skyrim though so the flame of hope still burns within me

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 4, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Dead.juice posted:

Trailer looks great. But I long for the day when Bethesda finds a solution for this:
"Oh hey, You've reached the end of the starting dungeon! Look at that bright awesome world outside. Now, you TECHNICALLY can walk off in any direction and kiiinnnnd of start your own adventure... after you stop at the new guy town/only town in miles, and do several quest. "

I want to deal with everything in the starting area, and then be dumped out into the world with three or more small towns in every direction around me that I can randomly stumble on after having explored for a bit, that feel different from each other, and that help push me in entirely different directions than the other towns.

well you literally can just gently caress off and do your own thing in any bethesda game the moment you finish the prologue. that being said in FO3 there was kind of a dearth of quest hubs so megaton was pushed much more heavily than in their other games. a more directed experience which gradually directs you to new parts of the map and different quest hubs is present in new vegas though

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i guarantee you this is garbage to look at in motion/play even without the letterboxing

Raygereio posted:

It is. There's zero question about this. Skyrim's Creation engine reused code from Bethesda previous engine. And yeah it is common practice. No one in their right mind throws away old code and start wasting time & resources reïnventing the wheel after all.

Gamebryo - not Bethesda's creation, but the thing that you can license - indeed not bad. It's actually decent. Note that Gamebryo is often referred to as a game engine (pretty sure it's also marketted as such), but it's really not. It's a suite of code libraries that's not much more then a graphics renderer.
The developer still needs to add all of the other stuff that goes into a game engine like AI, animation, gameplay logic, etc, etc. If you take the game engine that was used for Oblivion, then Gamebryo is in there somewhere doing its thing, but it's burried under layers and layers of Bethesda's own wonky spaghetti code.
For some dumb reason probably related to licencing a lot of game engines that use Gamebryo are called "Gamebryo" as well which has resulted in a lot of confusion on the Internet (Oblivion, Civ4, Playboy: The Mansion and Epic Mickey don't all use the same engine) and people blaming Gamebryo for the problems Bethesda's lovely QA and wonky spaghetti code caused.

tempted to put this in the op

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

I have some issues with the composition of the trailer; namely that it feels like 4 separate, good trailers mashed together to make a single one that's mediocre in composition.

You could split it up into 'zoom away from a tv to reveal a nuclear wasteland,' 'dog pokes around a blown out town with flashbacks', 'newscaster ron perlman announces the end of the world then wham line at the end' and 'game environment sizzle reel'.

As it stands the only real impact the TV thing has is 'oh cool it's like they're zooming away from the screen on the website, except not really cos it's a seperate youtube video.' It also doesn't really have any impact because it's a) been done too many times and is old as balls; children born the year fallout 1 came out with its baller intro are going to university this year. get some original ideas. b) the whole point of the fallout 1 intro was the juxtaposition between the happy, faintly ominous retrofuturistic newsreel and the nuclear wasteland. that being said it's probably not what they were going for so whatever; kind of a cynical use of iconography though.

Newscaster ron perlman would have had more of an impact is the whamline was at the end of the trailer. It's been done before but that's for a reason. Or maybe just don't try and cram it in there.

Dog trailer would have been pretty cool but it's broken up by the other crap as it is which kind of ruins any impact.

Sizzle reel has a utilitarian appeal to it which I as a graphics complainer appreciate but it doesn't really have any place in a trailer that's trying to have some measure of narrative impact.

too many words about a trailer

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 4, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

khy posted:

I'm trying to think back on the games i've played with the unreal engine. Do any of the UE games handle really long draw distances very well? How many UE games have been set in an open world environment similar to FNV or Skyrim?

In thinking back to the UE games I've played most of them have fairly short draw distances and focus on smaller, but more cluttered maps. It'd be great for indoors but i don't know how great it'd be when outside.

Likewise, I don't recall ever trying to mod any UE games. I'm sure it's doable I'm just wondering, in terms of ease-of-modding how games made with UE4 compare to the Creation Kit.

Yeah I can't recally playing an unreal engine game that wasn't pretty much level-based. I'm sure streaming open worlds can be done, but it's not really what it's meant for. Modding UE depends if you ahve the tools I think; games like unreal tournament ship with a map editor but most are pretty much impenetrable. You can hack the asset files to do poo poo like replacing textures and use cheat engine but nothing really close to anything like the plugin system bethesda uses.

SunAndSpring posted:

I wish Bethesda would do what Obsidian did and take fan opinions into account. They stopped talking to their fans after Oblivion rose up a shitstorm on their forums.

Most fans have terrible, uninformed opinions but when they're universally crying out for something it might me wise to listen. Were people complaining about diagonal running animations right after oblivion came out?

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 4, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

AlternateAccount posted:

Holy poo poo, dude. UT4 is basically being crowdsourced as we speak. The tools have never been more available or easier to use, it's been a massive focus of Epic to get the engine to as many people as possible and as easily as possible.
http://www.unrealtournament.com/blog/

That's for making games from scratch though, not modding and tweaking existing ones. Most games won't let you just load their files up in the unreal editor and change poo poo, and most developers aren't willing or able to hand over a good portion of their toolchain to modders.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Well that's the thing. They don't talk to them period, no matter what. I'm pretty sure people told them that the lack of diagonal running animations, level scaling, and all that jazz were bad ideas, but Bethesda got upset about it and now I think the only time they talk to people is in some sanitized thread on the general forum where you can't ask them about anything related to their own game.

I'd love to see them challenge themselves and their own preconceptions but the sheer financial success of their games does beget an inherent conservatism. That said I hope that they push themselves creatively and tehnically - you can do it guys!

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

I always felt 3 had better atmosphere and NV had better gameplay. But atmosphere doesn't make up for a lack of polished or additional mechanics.

Also NV's overworld is kind of desolate. Not in an end-of-the-world nuclear wasteland way, but in a "wow there's a whole lot of nothing here" way compared to 3. And also the random events in 3 made the wasteland feel a bit more alive. Granted 3 copied and pasted a lot of things.

FO3 was made by a dev whose bread and butter is first person open world games. That's literally all they've done for like 20 years - they know how to implement a setting even if they're sometimes at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it.

Also I was pretty surprised reading that wiki that said FO3 only had 17 full on sidequests, but thinking about it that seems pretty accurate. It's nice that the minor stuff that doesn't require you to trek across the wasteland isn't popping up all over your screen and journal tho

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

drkeiscool posted:

But actually space-walking was so boring. Push some panels on a flat plain. They didn't even change the gravity! In Space! I feel it also suffers a bit from what Operation Anchorage did in that it really requires a certain character build to take advantage of it (energy weapons, basically).

Yeah, they were fairly cool premises in theory that were kind of lame in practice since they relied on a single (weak) aspect of the gameplay. They should have built them out a bit more or improved on the combat mechanics.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

In all honesty the often horrid and extremely brief conversations were a step up from their last game.

It's almost like a reverse text parser seen in old timey adventure games. I like to think my character just ran around barking AOL key words at people and seeing what they responded with.

tbf Oblivion was released pretty early in the generation and they probably wanted to make sure the dialogue options were readable on SDTVs

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Hot Jam posted:

Early in the game while my medicine skill was only 3 I attempted to use a syringe. Due to my inexperience I jammed it plunger first into my right eye, lowering my VATS skill by 50% for the remainder of my playthrough.

that should improve your skill with guns though since you wouldn't have to close one eye to look down the sights. you'd basically be fetty wop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_kF4zLNKio

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

To provide a bit more common ground between NV fanatics and F3 believers, I want to turn your attention to this long-rear end loving video which might drone on too long for most of you, but I think can change a few minds in appreciating the strengths both games had and recognize they might be different, but not necessarily better than each other in every way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bgz5XKNZnU

gently caress this british wanker

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Free Drinks posted:

100% truth

I was going to give the video a shot because sometimes they can be at least interesting enough to have on the background, but the very first thing this guys wants is to make the game harder by making aiming shittier.

gently caress that, I just turned it off. Aim and hit chance should not be based on skills in games like this. Morrowind's greatest fault is the god drat miss chance. Just have the skill be tied to damage and speed things. Missing for reasons that aren't in your control is not fun at all.

On one hand you have to make stats actually matter, but then again having bullets magically spray out at a 45 degree angle if you have low skill is kind of lame in a game where you aim manually. I'm comfortable having your guns skill be abstracted enough to affect how much damage you actually do with bullets despite it making no real sense, but accuracy wise it should only really affect your accuracy in VATS where the whole act of shooting is completely abstracted. It's a delicate balancing act but I'm comfortable having guns affect your reload speed and associated actuons if the animations are less obviously fast forwarded/slowed down than the earlier games. Peripheral actions like repairing and crafting should be tied to it as well.

The guy talks about crafting is interesting to talk about but not the aspects he chooses to mention. I don't think I crafted a single thing in FO3 because there was simply no incentive to pick up junk beyond the few weapons you could craft and selling poo poo to break any notion of fiduciary scarcity slightly quicker. I crafted a few thiungs in skyrim (mostly modded armours that I couldn't get any other way) but it was still a menu-driven snoozefest that was safely ignored. If they want me to craft, make it less of an afterthought and work it into the game at a deeper level. Make junk items able to be dismantled or have lots of different uses, allow you to craft items on the fly that it'd make sense for you to be able to, don't tie all crafting to a dedicated skill that I'll pass over because there's more interesting skills - i.e. if I'm good with guns I should be at least decent at crafting guns. Basically don't make me skill up in what is pretty much one of the most boring skills in any game to do crafting and make it actually useful and necessary. Maybe even interesting.

Alll that being said I think I specialized in repair at least once during my time with NV just becasue weapon durability was A Thing and the perk that alloowed you to repair any weapon with any weapon that was half similar was really useful. They should make that system deeper since I'd say an important part of a post-apoc game is the sense that everything's patched together and gradually falling apart.

I agree with him about the factions though. SOme of the most entertaining poo poo in these games is watching the different systems interact, and even when they gently caress up (like in oblivion where the beggars who are scripted to acquire food end up stealing it and are cut down by the guards) it's fun.

basically yeah. mincing middle englander

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 8, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

OK I've contiinued watching that vid because I have nothing better to do and holy poo poo there are bits of code in the hacking minigame you can select that remove dud options and restore your tries? What the gently caress? I don't think I've heard this mentioned once ingame or in discussion - this would've gone so much further to making sure I didn't avoid the hacking minigame whenever I could because of the sheer amount of time it took up.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Personal_Nirvana posted:

I'm okay with the engine "jankiness" and the weird animation cicles we all love to hate in Bethesda games, but the thing i reeeeally would like to see out of FO4 is the V.A.T.S. system.

Not that will ever happen since people really like to watch poo poo blow in slowmotion.

vats is one of the less janky feeling parts of the game and is infinitely more satisfying than the lovely real time combat where people just keel over, heads randomly explode and weapons refuse to fire due to animation bugs

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey guys if don't like a fundamental mechanic of a game you can just not use it. It's not like the entire balance of the game is designed around it or anything! I'm an idiot.

-boneration

lmao it's hardly unplayable if you don't use it. it is worse though since vats is pretty cool. in conclusion, eat a dick

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

oblomov posted:

poo poo, that's actually a really good idea for an option. Is there a mod that can do something like this for F3 or NV I wonder. Time to Google.

For mods, it's most likely a done deal that Bethesda will allow paid mods, but hopefully it's going to be done in a more intelligent fashion vs Skyrim attempt.

If they do it right and then allow curated stuff to make it over to the consoles, that would be a very smart thing for Bethesda... However I am not sure how likely such a thing would be.

i think project nevada does this in NV and there's defo an equivalent for 3. same with sprinting (which is more janky than the bullet time but works how you'd expect w/r/t using action points)

actually it'd be kind of cool if more poo poo used action points so you could get caught off guard or need to retreat/rest or something. something to disincentivise just running headlong into an enemy camp maybe.

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 8, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

ymgve posted:

VATS was annoying because of the second long pause after you enter it where you can't even select anything.

oh yeah i forgot about that. tbf that happens regularly with the realtime combat too what with the litany of animation bugs

also i bet they'll find some way to bring paid mods to consoles - there's a whole market of unpaid labour and an audience who will buy literally anything just ripe for exploitation. maybe like a monthly roster of rotating 'community creations'. i could see that making paid mods an actual incentive for people to create better poo poo rather than the pc skyrim fiasco where it just incentivised an rear end in a top hat community to be even bigger assholes to each other

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 8, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

if i can't pulverise those frosted tips i'm taking a point off the score

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

main plot is just about a rivalry between fieri and man vs food guy

ending twist is that man vs food guy got swole after quitting the show

i expect a writing credit bethesda

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Guy Feiri will actually be a roving cannibal that loves tasting the local flavor wherever he goes. Every time you speak to him he'll comment about how one stat or perk shows on your meat and will eventually try to either eat or take you on his BBQ America tour.

im writing the change.org petition as we speak. move over israel/palestine

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

In both Fallout 3 and New Vegas alcohol has a flat chance of addiction so you will always have the chance to be addicted on the first use, the regular drugs have a safe first dose.

gently caress yes this is like the dictionary defninition of 'not even once'

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I tried replaying New Vegas a while ago and immediately quit because of how slowly your character moves. It seems the older I get, the more I have gaming ADD. I am of the opinion that all video game protagonists should move at ludicrously high speeds because it's just so tedious otherwise.

i've been hearing this a ton recently which i find strange, genuinely don't remember it being that bad :confused:

don't even really remember it being an issue around the game's release either. maybe it was a pragmatic optimization on Obsidian's part to make the world seem bigger or to make the lack of diagonal running animations less obvious as you slide across the landscape?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i was thinking about recent additions to bethesda's formula that they might put in FO4 and it got me thinking about radiant quests. my recollection was of them being fairly harmless but thinking about it I remember them being used to prop up and pad out the (bad) guild questlines, to gate buying a house in a hold behind something generic and arbitrary, and generally to make todd's content-boner ever larger. if these are in FO4 in anything resembling their present incarnation i hope to gently caress the combat and dungeon design is entertaining since their only purpose is to waste your time in dungeons

in conclusion; please stop finding excuses to send me to holes in the ground tia

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 14, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Ok, but Skyrim came out in 2011 and Witcher 3 came out not even a month ago. I feel bad for the people who made it. It sounds like it's a good game, and it's gonna sit on the throne for so little time. :(

define 'throne'

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

OK the story is going to be loving nonsense but this game looks fun as gently caress. I'll be happy if they go for something a little more camp story/quest wise as long as it isn't as loving boring as everything in Skyrim.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

frajaq posted:

Is the CreationEngine easy to mod?

yep; ridiculously easy with the editor they tend to release with each game. I don't see them not doing it with this one given how much Bethesda hyped user generated content during their show and the whole paid skyrim mods thing

(i'm loving positive that paid mods will come back with a vengeance for F04 and even more sure that the community will absolutely take the loving piss with it)

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Skeezy posted:

So Fallout Shelter isn't getting an Android release?

I mean come on Bethesda aren't the Androids made in Boston where the new game takes place :colbert:

no one makes tablet exclusive games for anything except the ipad. combine the low level of interest for android tablets (barring super cheap nexus 7 style poo poo that likely isn't gonna attract the kind of person who spends money on apps) with the fairly rampant piracy and the headache of getting native game code running on all the different weird chipsets and it's just an unprofitable headache.

• Locked thread