Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

wait wait wait. draenor leveling content was hard? loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Zzulu posted:

WOuld not mind driving a junker car around the wasteland. Of course they should be super rare and prone to nuclear explosions

no way they coerced gamebryo into supporting vehicles properly

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

When you think about it a nuclear car is just a really wide and low down horse

cant wait to climb mountains at 90 degrees on my shiny carhorse

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

If you dislike the video game product that I like, that means you dislike me, and if you like the video game product it is impossible to appreciate or enjoy its vague competitor, because that is a betrayal most foul.

same, op

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Not sure why Bethesda doesn't just offer to let Obsidian collaborate with them. Obsidian is perfectly willing to do so with inXile and seem eager to work on Fallout again. Why not give them the chance?

maybe they think their own product is perfectly serviceable in any imaginable way.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

horses r ded sorry

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

It's always been confusing to me, having grown up with only stuff like Mad Max and the modern Lost in Space, I never really identified any motif from Fallout 1 and 2 as the 50's, but as stuff from both the 80's and 90's. And then FO3 came out and said it was maintaining that feel and I'm very "okay, is that what it was? I thought it was all Mad Max".

you skipped the opening or something because that was 50s as gently caress and set the tone for the rest of the game in many ways imo

but yes it was of course a mix of different ages/styles

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

I'm russian and the opening and style was somehow immediately obvious to me, a 17 yo dumb childe. Idk.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Yes, being a foreigner with little experience in 50's Americana makes me dumb. I'm sorry for bursting your bubble for not being the center of my world.

dude just let it go, who cares.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

Might as well put this in here, Chris Avellone has left Obsidian to pursue new projects http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-09-chris-avellone-leaves-obsidian-entertainment

I wonder how this will affect Obsidian in the future if they ever do work on a new Fallout game.

hoping for reduced amount of pretentious infodumps

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

JawKnee posted:

so, fallout 3 dialogue then

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

sout posted:

What's the thing about Little Lamplight people really hate? Something about it being dumb or something?

is it not enough? i mean its really loving dumb

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Andrast posted:

Yeah, the non-existence of farms is a much smaller problem than the writing being absolute poo poo.

it's a pinata of micro shitperiences

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Bethesda is so far ahead of the curve in developing actual gameplay in their games it's ridiculous. I'm stunned.

late but loving lol forever at this

also heres some choice bits from r/fallout

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/39vh41/where_were_you_when_todd_howard_saved_video_games/

Where were you when Todd Howard saved video games? (self.Fallout)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/39vgyo/im_fucking_done/

I'm loving done. (self.Fallout)
submitted 5 hours ago by EzioTheAssassin55
This honestly seems to be one of the best games ever made.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/39vgv8/well_bethesda_wins_everything_ever/

Well. Bethesda wins everything ever. (self.Fallout)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/39vg3e/slow_down_bethesda_my_dick_can_only_get_so_hard/

Slow down Bethesda, my dick can only get so hard. (self.Fallout)

might want to join ur friends over there, mate

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

megalodong posted:

needs mention of crotchspawn to be proper childfree.

let me tell u about fallout 4, three times raped crotchspawn of zenimax,

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

cod bros? idk

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Monster w21 Faces posted:

I think the game looks great. Was fearful after the initial trailer but all those fears have been quashed.

a great game

for a clown to play

in the circus

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

I'd trust the opinion about whether something's fun or not from a clown.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

mackintosh posted:

One thing I'm curious about, having watched the presentation just now - why go to all the trouble of naming the baby, if your family supposedly gets incinerated, or dies via some other means? Seems like an awful lot of attention to detail for a short opening sequence.

think about some retarded kotaku "game journalist" crying like a babby over this emotional overload of a scene, AAA+

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

i'm sure tons of other retards would appreciate this too, might even have some itt

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

find an incinerated babby corpse, press X to pay respect

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

I'm definitely up for finding your own custom son/daughter alive in the wasteland and picking them up as a companion.

i'm the day 1 "rape your kid" mod

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

i like how the house you place is already dilapidated and rotten

:effort:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

They managed to make up for bad graphics and probably a bad story with a city building aspect.

I accept this trade. My money is nearly theirs.

*places a rotten prefab shack on a 10 year old looking ground texture* ah finally a feature i always wanted, city building *satisfied smile*

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

- Starting the game in a relationship
- Being assumed straight or closeted from the word "go"

post your tumblr

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I wasn't aware all gay people were tumblrinas now. Why didn't I get a loving memo?

if you srsly care that a fictional character in a video game has a predefined sexual orientation which may differ from your own, yeah you're pretty much one of those

oh no i am gay i cant play as a (maybe) straight nameless pseudo-50s guy eeewww

next step is whining on twitter for bethesda to implement gender sliders because your panromantic demisexual multiple system-kin is not on the list

cthulhoo fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 15, 2015

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Meta-Mollusk posted:

This. I was super excited about F3 and Skyrim. They looked so fun in the trailers, yet both of them were shallow and buggy with terrible combat and braindead writing. I'm sure F4 will be slightly better than either of them, but the writing will probably be as bad as usual, and I don't really enjoy games like Minecraft so the new gimmick of crafting everything yourself and building houses doesn't sound all that exciting.

whats that about writing

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

megalodong posted:

There is, as i'm sure you're well aware, a difference between "i would like to be able to play as a gay character for once" and "why is my character not a transethnic otherkin demisexual aromantic?"

its a game about hiking and shooting molerats, nobody cares about your gender adventures, be they hetero to homo or vice versa, hth

also sex stuff in videogames is universally cringeworthy and stupid

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Neeksy posted:

Also it doesn't obey your commands at all and just runs on its own AI.

you mean sits at home, plots your demise

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

a global nuclear holocaust is a hella way to come out imo

be proud

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

crawlkill posted:

yeah, and they're including cringeworthy family values poo poo as a mandatory element, which any sane person would as soon avoid

ah yes, cis-family, a thing uncommon in a 50s america, commonly populated by gay civil unions and rainbow-making GBS threads unicorns

yes im sure this has been implemented to clench the collective anus of twitter progressives, goddamnit bethesda did it again :argh:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Seriously this is a game about shooty lasers and robots and giant mutant scorpions, why do some of y'all care so much about loving gender politics?

let me, a liberal arts major, tell you why this is super important:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

crawlkill posted:

that's been gone for 200 years

as far as i remember from the trailer, the cringeworthy family bits happen before the holocaust

oops

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

it's just indicative of how rail roaded you are into Bethesda characterization, you could be gay in the previous games, you could be a cannibal, or whatever, it was just a couple lines. but here you start married, with a child and a bunch of other poo poo you have no control other. in New Vegas you were just a dude that got shot in the head, end of story, now play the game.

Now you're going to have to go through the motion of pretend parenthood every time you start a new game, isn't that awesome.

"oh no i was railroaded into being a released prisoner in morrowind, boo loving hoo"

bethesda games always had a specific beginning, then again there always were alternate start mods, so don't worry, if nobody makes you a gay cannibal starter pack, you'll be able to cook one perfectly matching your fetishes in the construction kit

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

Which themselves take place 120 years after the 1950s

oops

what? fallout does not take place in literal fifties? holy poo poo

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

It's a role playing game, I'd like the choice of not having to roleplay as a family man. Just the fact that they implemented thousands of names for the baby means they won't shut up about this aspect of the game.

i'd like to roleplay a family man

mandatory dad jokes for every dialog option, bring it on bethesda

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

In the meantime, enjoy the closet.

if anything its p realistic as per the setting

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

True, but it's disappointing, this idea that there was no social progress made until everything went to hell.

that's p much what happened, yes

making a sexually liberated otherkin protagonist would be as out of place as someone openly gay in that setting, imagine that

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

blainestereo posted:

It's such a shame fallout 3 Dad wasn't gay.

thats why he ran away from his cis-crotchspawn i.e. you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

crawlkill posted:

if Bethesda feels the need to time travel a prewar person into the glowing future, cryogenicly or otherwise, it seems like even more of a missed opportunity that they mandate that you be some kind of standard member of that society when you could instead be a genuine misfit weirdo if you so chose

im sorry bethesda is not designing this installment of their perennial hiking simulator for tumblrinas

not yet, at least

• Locked thread