Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
So you made a thread for shitposting? Can we expect another thread with less crying over a loving teaser trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Republican Vampire posted:

Whining about whining is the stupidest whining.

The teaser was super bad tho and the game will probably be worse.

Nah.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Generic Monk posted:

Goons will be goons and Bethesda will be Bethesda. Honest, frank discussion will take place amid, and eventually replace, the apocalyptic 7 stages of grief that accompany the reveal of a dece trailer for a game that will realistically be at least pretty good.

That makes me feel a little better. :unsmith:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
What else did those mysterious audition slides say?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Yaos posted:

Nobody can make a game as lovely as The Witcher 3

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I want one of those body replacer mods with super big titties and lovingly modeled flaccid dongs.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Were titties bigger in the '50s, and related, does radiation make titties bigger?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
looking forward to the new easter egg memes.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Nobody is excited about the new pop culture references?
Predictions:

- The wrecking ball from Miley Cyrus video and some guy talks about a ghoul that lost her jaw so she always has her tongue sticking out.
- The Boston Commonwealth has one dude who argues that there's no way the bandits can get through their wall, b/c their stolen jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams
- Pepe the frog scrawled on a wall
- A unique set of power armor colored like Iron Man
- When you get dogmeat the previous owner says "so dog much fallout wow" and is retarded from nuclear fallout
- probably something from Mad Max

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

strong bird posted:

-The boston bomber brothers make a surprise appearance and are ritualisticly murdered by the surviving government to rapturous applause

- a gun named after reddit

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Bholder posted:

Those are actually something you would see in New Vegas with Wild Wasteland on.

Yes, but FO3 has a few pop references, too, so I suspect they will build on them.

- I think the Mad Max reference would be cool if a named powerfist is called "Furiosa"

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
- a quest where you drag a printer to a girl's house, and there's no reward
- a npc named Dick Butt in a monocle and top hat who has a birth defect where his cock grows out of his buttcheek

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 3, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Doof Warrior is +20% to Heavy Weapons (that was flamethrower, right?), +20% to Guitar

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The audition thing mentions a character that is a "cross between Buddy Holly and Vin Diesel".

What the gently caress? Can I just picture young Gary Busey with Riddick's goggles?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Count Canuckula posted:

So a super mutant with the voice of an angel?

No idea if it's a super mutant. It just says his name is Sturges, he is an engineer. And that.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Something Else posted:

Bongo bongo bongo I don't wanna leave the congo oh no no no no nooooo

They got things like the atom BOMB, so I think I'll stay where I AM... civilization! We'll stay right heeeeeere!

~

Pretty flowers need the sun, this applies to everyone... when life's worth living... nature's giving.. happiness to everyone.. ~ let's go sunning!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Palpek posted:

This was done in another Obsidian game: Alpha Protocol and people absolutely loving hated that. It's actually a really bad idea.

Alpha Protocol was hilarious. The pistol super skill fired like 7 bullets at once, and he became so competent that I could blindfire with 100% accuracy. Alpha Protocol owns. Leveling up Martial Arts until you could mash a 20 hit combo that was all super fast spinny kicks and karate chops was great, too.

E: Also the color palette and blown out bloom reminds me of Ninja Theory games. DmC and that Enslaved game or whatever where the tagline was "the apocalypse is GREEN :haw:" (in a time where brown was still the best and most serious color) and nature had reclaimed all the cities.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 8, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Because I bought Battlefront, Assassin's Creed: Gangs of New York Edition and Call of Duty for $20 so I can afford to spend a bit more on this. I like gimmicky bullshit like this.

They shoulda never gave you niggas money!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

The major difference is that Geralt of Rivia is an established character adapted from a series of novels. Fallout is typically more open ended than that.

In the best case scenario, a voiced protagonist in a Bethesda Fallout game is going to be a boring idiot like every other boring idiot in a Bethesda game.

> Dark Brotherhood
> Emperor
> Rumors
> I'm gay
*selects I'm gay*

I'm a dicksucking nancy boy

e- the gunplay in deus ex is super fun

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
My laptop is nearly as strong as most modern calculators so I don't think I can play this game. I am sad at this.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Anyone play this on a badgay computer? I have a really badgay computer.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I don't suppose there's any way to download a PC save file and play it on PS4? :smith:
Not having slider numbers makes recreating all these cool faces I see very difficult.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Trying to get close to the whacky dude in my av:

Wrestling with this creator is not as fun on console, for sure. Looking at it /timg made me realize how awful it is. I continue to gently caress with it.
I have a pretty good Nic Cage I should post.

Second attempt: Closer?

It's tough for me to get his likeness.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 7, 2016

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

not mine

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Every attempt at Tom Hardy I try and do results in Johnny Five-Aces, so I'm just embracing that and going with it. Any tips for Survival perks? My first attempt at this game, and I'm going with 3/2/3/3/5/5/7. A cursory glance tells me I need Lone Wanderer, Critical Banker, and I want Gunslinger and probably Rifleman. I want to find a bobblehead or raise Int for Science!. What else you guys think?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Cool, great info there. Thanks guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012