Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words

Buck Turgidson posted:

I hope they do something interesting with the music and sound. The music in Fallout 3 was pretty awful, the radio got old quickly and the ambient tracks were really dull (especially compared to FO1/2). If you turned off the music the game felt incredibly lifeless and quiet. I don't think they improved that much with Skyrim--tonnes of environmental sounds were missing, combat sounded really crap, and it felt like they plastered music over everything to make the lack of sound less noticeable. I think I'd like it if they did more ambient and environmental sound while you're out exploring, and leave the music to key areas like towns or outposts, or story sections. For the most part the exploration music in FO3/Skyrim was really bad and if they can't improve it I'd rather not have it at all.

Mark Morgan - "My Chrysalis Highwayman". God drat, that track was good.
I think he also did quite a few tracks for New Vegas, so he might be coming back for Fallout 4. Well, one can hope at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

http://www.pcgamer.com/inxile-hopes-to-revive-van-buren-one-of-these-days/

Fallout 4? gently caress it. I want the proper Fallout 3 and there's a chance it will re-emerge as Van Buren.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

I thought we basically got Van Buren with New Vegas. Regardless, I don't think I want an offbrand Fallout.

One way or the other it would need to be something completely different, otherwise FEV infected Bethesda lawyers would do a rush at inXile offices.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

To be fair on Bethesda's part, this was set up with Fallout Tactics

I believe Bethesda said at some point that they treat Fallout Tactics as non-cannon, so in Fallout 3 and NV, Fallout Tactics never happened. So no blimps, nor any "travelers". (Still looking for specific sources as this was quite some time ago. Can't find one but it's very deeply burned into my memory).

Still, in Fallout 2 you have to steal Vertibird plans for BoS. And you destroy the Enclave. And they have at least a few of them in Navarro. And BoS don't even use them.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

It's BoS that's non-canon; Tactics officially kinda-sorta happened where the main beats historically occurred, but the details are unconfirmed so that they have wiggle room if they want to go back to the area. So there's canon backing the use of BoS blimps.

This makes sense in a way. Many thanks for clarifying.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

Gnome de plume posted:

Doesn't Horrigan kill the guy you give the plans to? It's possible the BoS never even got to see them.

Actually no. BoS does give you a mission to go to Navarro and get the Vertibird plans. For this, you gain access to the BoS bunker in San Francisco.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

If you go back to the bunker a few days after handing over the vertibird plans and ask the ACE computer what happened to Matthew, you get to see a short sequence showing Horrigan wasting the dude.

There's loads of the plans floating around though, Raul has apparently lost several. And Raul doesn't like people talking poo poo behind his back.

Holy crap. It's been so many years and I now want to replay the whole thing just to get to that point.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I love when at some point Howard says: crafting has a very huge impact on the game... But is completely optional. I hope he gets FEV.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

zedprime posted:

Howard-sensei is so brilliant he would become like the Master instead of a normal super mutant.

You can join us... Or die.... Join... Die! Die! Die!

Choose...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I wonder why couldn't they simply take the "Taken" storyline and then use it to get Fallout 3 going. They already had Neeson in the loop, so all they had to do was to make the player to play "The pops" and make him voiced. Just imagine your character talking with Colonel Austin over the radio and saying:

quote:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular SPECIAL set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter/son go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

Now you're going to play a voiced over dad that sets out to find out what happened to his family and ho....
...oh...

• Locked thread