Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

MisterBibs posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda does something similar to Saints Row 4 in terms of voices. At least a male/female voice, maybe some way to modify them pitch-wise and stuff.

I'd be happy just to have Laura Bailey's Boss voice and fitting dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Karmalis posted:

Mark Morgan - "My Chrysalis Highwayman". God drat, that track was good.
I think he also did quite a few tracks for New Vegas, so he might be coming back for Fallout 4. Well, one can hope at least.

The Mark Morgan stuff in New Vegas was all from the Fallout 1 and 2 soundtracks and one of my favourite things about that game. Rolling into Nipton for the first time and hearing "City of the Dead" still sticks out really clearly in my mind.

It would be great to have him back with new material for Fallout 4 but if not someone will mod those old soundtracks in again within a week to replace whatever Inon Zur does and that will be just fine.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Eonwe posted:

but its big iron

I fooled you. I fooled you. I got pig iron. I got pig iron. I got all pig iron.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

ShadowMar posted:

Please don't make me imagine a Fallout game with literally nothing but memes as dialogue.

Plus a whole lot of increasingly desperate jabs at better, more popular games.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Blistex posted:

I'm just hoping that they make it so I am not an invincible god by the 35 minute mark like FO3/NV. New Vegas tried to remedy that by requiring 3,500 rounds of .50 AP to kill each of Caesar's men that you would bump into every 15 minutes, but other than that I felt like I was some sort of super-soldier walking around in caveman times.

Anyway, my solution to the Legion bullet sponges always seems to be "break out the random pile of grenades and dynamite in my inventory despite my lovely explosives skill" and then just lob that stuff everywhere and hope it all hits. Lucky thing those squads only spawn outdoors.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

LLCoolJD posted:

The Fiends really were gluttons for punishment in mid/late-game F:NV. 1st place goes to those muggers in the Outer Strip, though.

At least the Fiends had the excuse of being constantly hepped-up on goofballs, but those muggers are so comically mismatched they may as well be the three old ladies with rolling pins that rush you in Freeside if you have the Wild Wasteland trait.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

My favorite thing was fast traveling somewhere and then seeing a legion assassination group trying to beeline towards me but going all over.

I'm pretty sure they're flagged as hostile to just about every other NPC group in the game, so if the assassins spawn even remotely close to a random water merchant or something they'll pretty much forget you exist until they kill everyone else in the area or you remind them with bullets.

Fast travelling around Vegas as much I do this is probably why there isn't a soul left alive outside the walls, human or brahmin alike.

Delsaber fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 7, 2015

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Shugojin posted:

It's his illegitimate love child, Four Cats.

Imagine four cats on the edge of a cliff.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

Do we think Harvard (or alternate universe Harvard. Not sure whether the franchise would be allowed to use the title "Harvard University") survived the apocalypse?

In my mind a lot of universities survived and started forming frat-based raiding tribes, all of which died from either alcohol poisoning or alcohol withdrawal a few weeks later.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Fallout 4 needs Fats Waller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA1kCissAGQ

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I want this to be real.

Don't get too excited, it would just be Blitzball all over again.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Really hoping Guy Fieri can become a part of Fallout 4 somehow.

All Matthew Perry had to do was bring a copy of Fallout 3 on a talk show, so it seems like a pretty low bar.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

catlord posted:

I personally either want Fallout: Louisiana or a Fallout: Seattle or whatever. I'd be good with either post-apocalyptic voodoo stuff, or radioactive bigfoot.

Fallout: Seattle would be awesome. Finally we'd get to see how craft brewers in Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia took control of the post-war booze trade and established Cascadia as an independent nation.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

cthulhoo posted:

a fangirl npc obsessively messaging you on pipboy could be fun in a terrible way

see also: adoring fan

If it works like Al Gore in the South Park RPG and there's a quest to unfriend her, that's a day one purchase right there.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Looking forward to all that audio being uncompressed for a 80GB+ download.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Emperor Uriel Septim wasn't supposed to die so early (at least not exactly). Everything was going to happen like it happens in the final game, except when you went to Cloud Ruler Temple, it was going to be revealed that the man who was killed was actually the infamous Jagar Tharn, known to use foul magicks to impersonate the emperor(s). For whatever reason or coincidence, Tharn was the unwitting body double to a Mythic Dawn assassination at the time the player encounters him in the sewers. The real Uriel Septim was at Cloud Ruler Temple the entire time, plotting...something. It'd never be explained. Reunited with his illegitimate son, Martin, the two would prick themselves and mash their blood together as part of the key to defeating Mehrunes Dagon.

Jagar Tharn = Decoy Octopus, got it.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

escalator dropdown posted:

Also, dogs don't talk. This means he's already more tolerable than any of the Skyrim companions.

Dogmeat: "*siiiiiiiiiigh* *bark* I'm sworn to carry your burdens... *bark*"

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

frajaq posted:

You joke but thats gonna be the scary moment when you realize the dog is a fellow android with your wife's brain inside it

Wifedog will be the best thing since Wifearm.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Lord Lambeth posted:

Turns out he plays the baby. It's really weird.

Especially once you notice that everything the baby says is just variations on dialogue from Taken.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Please, please, please let one of the four colors respond to smug douche 'snarky'.

And the player character's face needs to contort the same way as snarky Hawke.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

frajaq posted:

i'm not american, can someone link an example of 'Boston accent' for me??

Just imagine a bad impression of an Irish accent and make it more shouty.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Couple it with the Mass Effect-style reuseable generic voice clips and that's gotta make for a great recording session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k78VTJSS_6g

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Little Lamplight is a lot more fun if you imagine all the kids are Cartman and friends playing Mad Max.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Poolparty posted:

Perks have been replaced with 'Dadbilities'. Clothing items such as socks with sandals greatly improve swing pushing skills and ball throwing.

As you increase in level, you gain access to more dad jokes.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

The Deviations posted:

And he's not the voice of the male PC because...?

Dude's too busy voicing Yosuke in the next several hundred Persona 4 spinoffs.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Phrasing posted:

What kind of Boston themed Vaults will there be?

Vault 30, inhabited by the descendants of Bruins goaltender/crazed survivalist Tim Thomas.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Bring in Phil Hendrie to do a Fallout version of his Coast To Coast AM impressions.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Inverness posted:

Are intelligent Deathclaws still a thing?

Forget that, bring back Seymour the talking spore plant.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

frajaq posted:

Which other company do people want the Fallout IP to go?

Spiderweb Software.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

It looks like the kind of UI you might see on real-world military equipment, completely utilitarian with no attention paid to aesthetics whatsoever, which is a bit off-putting in most video games that aren't Arma or super hardcore flight sims. The funny part is that the altered HUD that comes with power armour actually does look pretty videogamey by comparison, so they got it backwards.

I'm sure the finished product will at least have F3/NV's colour options and maybe transparency settings buried in an options menu somewhere, but it'll still be pretty damned plain looking. I tend to lean towards minimalism whenever possible but this feels more like a placeholder from an alpha build. No doubt it'll be among the first things to get modded after boobs on the mole rats.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Mr Tastee posted:

And is that too much to ask?

I don't fault you for being concerned about representation, but you should probably have higher standards regarding the quality of that representation than just "wet fart." Games writing in general is still pretty bad compared to most other mediums and Bethesda is definitely no exception. The best you could probably hope to see from them on this issue would be a walking stereotype or an empty husk or some ham-handed allegory, none of which really does any good. You may as well just use your imagination at that point.

There are probably gay characters in Adam Sandler movies or whatever. If their mere existence is good enough for you, hey, different strokes I guess, but there's better movies for that and there's already games out there which handle this better than Fallout.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Crabtree posted:

It's going to happen and that's about all he'll get because the game and mods will let him gently caress anything and everything.

Saints Row 4 had the right idea about romance options in games come to think of it. I wonder if it's too late to get Keith David.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

I wouldn't be too surprised if Confirmed Bachelor and Cherchez La Femme are rolled into a single perk with the damage buffs stripped out, and then rarely seen in the new dialogue system, because even if Bethesda's writing has improved the main thrust of your interactions will still be more about moving forward through the quest lines than exploring any particular characterization. That's just how their stories always seem to work, good or bad.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

What if New Vegas was a story about a person who could be gay or straight because it didn't affect the story they were telling, and Fallout 4 might not be because maybe it would?

Makes you think.

This is probably what it'll all boil down to, yeah. Those early scenes with your spouse and child aren't just there for flavour, both of them will almost certainly play some part in the larger plot and/or the portrayal of the main character.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Being an RPG means making your own character. A story based game with a pre-set protagonist is an Adventure Game.

If this were really the case then we'd have to reclassify about 90% of the genre. I don't want to be to games what the characters in High Fidelity were to music, personally.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Poolparty posted:

When you emerge from the vault at the start of the game as a gay character this song plays:

It's Raining Men, as a result of bizarre atmospheric effects from two centuries of radiation.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

You will now be told JRPGs are different and don't count.

But FFVII also had cross dressing so maybe not, depends how they want to spin it

JRPGs are anime. All western RPGs are Disney's Gargoyles.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Romes128 posted:

3. Bethesda did not make NV, so we can't expect anything from it to make it into F4.

I agree, but it would be nice to think that Bethesda at least paid enough attention to what Obsidian was doing to take notes and experiment with some of the same ideas, though.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Hihohe posted:

I hope the laser RCW is in this game what about you guys

I'm not much of an energy weapons guy, so I'll hope for That Gun even knowing I'll surely be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's more limiting in that there's less meaningful choice, but yes Fallout 1 had no sexuality at all and Fallout 2 was heterosexual only besides the bit where you can get raped by a Super Mutant.

If you play as a woman in Fallout 2, I think you can hit on the doctor's assistant in Vault City, who, uh, gets pretty offended by the offer of lesbian sex, if I remember correctly.

• Locked thread