Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Knifegrab posted:

I'm pretty stoked for fallout 3.1. Now still without ambient occlusion!

Gambryo never changes.

After almost a decade, we still get Gamebryo with those "running with a stick in your rear end underwater" animations. War etc. etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I'm getting jiggled pretty hard by this Bethesda trailer. Might be time to see what those NMA people are up to.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
The worst part is how long we have to wait until someone competent gets their hands on this franchise again. If they let it happen another time.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Bholder posted:

Yes, I'd rather have an actual Post Apocalyptic wasteland rather than recent, extremely brown battlefields.

Funny, because I'd rather have factions with some actual depth to them instead of a Disney version of Brotherhood of Steel where they are the Good Guys and you are forced to fall in line, regardless of what was originally written about them.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Oh god I'm getting dragged into arguing about the loving Fallout story in Bethesda games.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Craftable pressure cooker bombs.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I know that some level of normality should have resumed ~200 years after the bombs, but that doesn't mean it makes for a better game.

Don't mean to pile on you, but this is pretty much exactly what the new trailer is showing with it's colorful little townships and wired up towns?

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
It does, as he was praising Fallout 3 over NV precisely because it was less settled.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

MisterBibs posted:

Bethesda will do to New Vegas exactly what they did to Fallout 1 and 2: Remove anything that doesn't belong in a modern Fallout game.

Can't wait to go back to all projectile guns firing their bullets at 25 feet per second, forcing you to use VATS for every single encounter or play with the laser rifle.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Generally the problem is that the game is balanced around people needing to use VATS on their controllers, where the Guns skill would have an influence. If you can aim for yourself it's not implemented in a satisfying way.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I won't, but I will say I hope Cream-of-Plenty never stops posting.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Imagine how hard they're going to milk that poo poo with DLC, holy gently caress.

Gotta say this is looking better than I had expected, and Doom is looking way worse than what I had hoped for.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Minorkos posted:

I'll wait for a mod that replaces VATS with slow motion though.

I'm preeeetty sure that was a part of the base game at the end of the presentation, which along with the dynamic crosshair, it looks like they've taken some of the best mods (project nevada) and implemented them from the start.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

year199X posted:

I think he means matrix bullet time, not the slowdown pick a target click head 4 times hit okay

yes thank you that is pretty loving clear when referencing project nevada you irradiated bum

around here at the 0:47-0:48 mark is something that looked like that in passing but is probably just vats from a first person perspective

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Yes I'm actually a well respected archaeologist working on sites in the Levant with relation to biblical references and

HATE BETHESDA

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
GUTENBERG :argh:

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Tenzarin posted:

And people just like to complain. Release UI for Elder scrolls and fallout have been just fine.

Ehhh, maybe if you have mole man vision or are sitting 10' away from the screen. It's not good on PC, but as someone said, you could mod in functional UI pretty close to launch.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
A ferocious helping of triggers if I ever saw one

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Wow, that looks abysmal. Close up, things are passable but Bethesda can't do distances for poo poo.

Was really hoping for a bigger leap from PS3 > PS4 than this.

Nice shadows consolailures

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
AY CARAMBA, EL DIA DEL JUICIO

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
For the record, I'd like to point out that I have a healthy skepticism of this game's claims without being affiliated with any group or website!

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

frajaq posted:

Basically I'm hoping reviewers will give it 8/10 instead of 10/10

Let's be honest, the marketing budget will ensure no possibility of anything less than 9/10 from the mainstream media.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Looked like it rocket jumped back up lol

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Someone has got a copy of the PC build.

[A) Face 01 (D

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
imagine if fallout

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I really like it when a thread on a game is able to contain criticism of said game but at this point I'm gonna has to say

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Guys ffs, let's get to the important stuff. Who does the voice for your kid? Is it Shia LaBeouf? just do it lol

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

alright that's a wrap when's fallout 5 bethesda?

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Bloodplay it again posted:

I think some of it is due to the compression.

Careful...

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Amazing Member posted:

Chrome tells me not to go their because the bad people on the internet will hurt me and make me see ads and install browser toolbars.

:smith:

dude you got a purple monkey av I think you'll be ok

echronorian posted:

Its todd howard

also lol

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
uh, hello rope kid, if by some miracle you are still reading this thread we're going to need you to mobilize the boys and make an actual good game on this engine, tia

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

strong bird posted:

this about sums it all up for me. dont click if you are somehow engrossed in the story of fallout 3 II. dont click it

https://u.pomf.io/oauyld.webm

The most retarded creation in Todd Howard's Fallout 3 walks again...

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
The only thing I've been positively surprised by is the weapons modification stuff. It's the only thing that feels like a solid upgrade from F3/NV.

And the gunplay, but Project Nevada got pretty close.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
You set iPresentInterval to 0 which in turns allows the game to run more than 60 frames per second. Unfortunately Bethesda is not a good developer so the game logic is tied to the framerate, which breaks the game in some tragic-comical ways. Set it back to 1 or maybe try limiting the framerate with external programs like MSI Afterburner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
For some reason Codsworth is really into leatherwork :bigtran:

• Locked thread