Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Inzombiac posted:

There's no reason a Pip-Boy wouldn't have a small LED flashlight right at the wrist.
Oh wait, 1950s future retro. No LEDs.
But how does the screen light up, phosphorous?
It's a CRT. The Fallout universe may have never moved past using vacuum tubes, CRTs, or tape-based data storage, but they certainly improved and miniaturized it.

That's why I think the android crap from Fallout 3 doesn't fit with that world at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Bleusilences posted:

I thought most of the thing that mutated in fallout was because of a mix of radiation/FEV and mostly FEV. There is a few tape in fallout 1 or 2 that talk about it saying radiation alone couldn't cause such mutation. There was huge vats of FEV laying around in some bases in the use so when the bomb fell it went airborne and contaminated everything. That's why most ghoul changed in 2077. I am citing this by memory but I am sure that if I am wrong I didn't miss the mark by much.
I think that's the case for pretty much everything but ghouls.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Inverness posted:

Full perk chart with ranks:
Gun bashing and perks that improve gun bashing? Max hype.

MAX HYPE.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Here are some more limited availability high end jpegs.

PC version looks pretty good.
Looks good, but let's see how it runs.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

If it's possible to build a character who can bash people to death with a rocket launcher, I will. If not, then a character who can bash people to death with a big rifle like a Garand or whatever will suffice.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Bholder posted:

There are rocket launchers in the game and there's a perk that makes weapon bashing more powerful, so yes, you can.
In theory it should work, but who knows! I will be very happy if it's viable.

I will also make my character fat.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

life is strange has some of the worst lip sync in any game ive ever played. game is still really good though
Witcher 3 also had spotty lip sync, but it was a master class on character design and had good to great VO work so I overlooked it.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Fallout 4 will probably be okay, but only if I can ditch whatever dumb story they came up with and go bash people with a rocket launcher out in the wastes.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

hemale in pain posted:

i'm gonna just shoot everyone during dialogue
good philosophy for real life, actually

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Frankston posted:

I think people should play the game for a bit first before saying it's bad or good.
strange thoughts. are you feeling okay? maybe you should sit down for a while.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Minorkos posted:

fallout 4 is a good, well-rounded game and i will buy it and play it
good, well-rounded

like a potato

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

7c Nickel posted:

I like potatoes.
i know sometimes you just want a video game potato. can't have video game filet minion every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Zombie Boat posted:

Everything will be fine. I'm sorry to tell you this though, the shadows didn't make it. We did everything we could, but we couldn't render them. I'm so sorry
ma'am your shadows died a hero and a grateful nation mourns your loss

• Locked thread