Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

pmchem posted:

I bought the Overseer's Guardian recently, and changed its receiver (and other mods) for more per-shot damage. Now it doesn't fire two bullets per mouse click anymore -- just one. Does that mean it's effectively no different than any other highly modded rifle? Is there something special about its armor piercing auto receiver?
You get pinpoint accuracy with changing to a single shot reciever, you're still firing two bullets, they're just on top of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i've had the engine bug out on me and no longer spawn game entities that don't fall through the world, but closing and reloading save fixed those

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Verify local game files. The download of the new assets and patch probably got corrupted.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Okay so maybe an explosive short range shotgun isn't the best idea

You do know that it'll do even more alpha damage if you made it really accurate right

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Should I silence it?
Even though it'll tank the effective range, it only applies to the base damage. The base damage matters less than the total explosion damage, which is 120. So yes.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Volkerball posted:

Have you played TTW? After about 20 hours I uninstalled and went back to playing vanilla. I don't want to be harsh on it because the creators did a really good job for how ambitious it was as a project, but saying it was more stable than vanilla, or even playable as more than a gimmick, is a bit of stretch.

2.7.x was way more stable than fallout 3 was. I don't know what they added since due to Nexus modder feature creep, but if there's a way to get older versions I'd suggest getting that one.

Also, you should be using the 4gb patch, because the game will run away with the amount of game assets it shoves into memory.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

1) There's almost no proper working multicard for this game. AMD tried but I think they went back on that.
2) The Fermi series (Nvidia 400-500) runs really hot. I'd suggest turning the fan speed up.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Oddity posted:

On 2.), I'll google it, but given my ignorance, do you have a specific way you think is best to control the fan speed, and if so, are there upper limits to how fast I should set them?
I use a program like MSI Afterburner to set the fan speed manually. The NV control panel might also have fan options but I don't remember them being as robust as Afterburner.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Orange Sunshine posted:

Question about the new survival mode:

The general strategy to make the game easy to just always be in power armor (other than in the beginning), using water purifiers to make 200 bottles of water a day and trading the water for fusion cores (and whatever else you need). Does doing that still make survival mode relatively easy, other than the constant hassle of having to deal with eating and drinking and sleep and no saves?
Power armor doesn't protect you from the new combat diseases.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Guars are back from Morrowind! :w00t:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Doesn't Fallout 2 start with the village Elder sending you on a mission based on her visions?

And then if you take too long to find the GECK, she sends a telepathic message to you while you sleep to tell you to hurry the gently caress up.

Fallout is a great series but the best writing it has had was mostly referential material.
actually the elder sends you on a mission based on old legend because the original vault dweller thought it would be funny to make a "tribal" society and the fortune teller and telepathic man is hakunin, who takes drugs that are no stronger than "Healing Powder"

it's a shame xander root and broc flower didn't propagate to the east, or Mama Murphy would have lived longer

meanwhile in the East Coast, potatoes have been replaced by a mutant sour starch bomb :ohdear:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

there are a lot of things to point out that fallout 4 got wrong, but mama murphy's psychic ability is one of the least contentious things to focus on

it's more how she makes presumptions on how the main character feels about anything. ie bethesda main quest writing. too bad you can't make it a 4 word bullet point else literal dumbos can't process the argument

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

That reminds me, has anybody datamined to figure out how much more damage the gauss rifle and other charging variant guns do when fully charged?
They deal the advertised damage when fully charged. Normal damage for the charging laser/plasma weapons is 1/4 of the displayed damage, though. :downsgun:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

TSV (True Survival) is the new value, with HC_DamageMultPerk affecting the player's damage bonus, and two other modifiers they put in because they apparently can't just have changed the TSV settings.

TSV is then multiplied by:
HC_OutgoingDamageMult (1.5) * HPByPCTSV
HC_IncomingDamageMult (2) * HPToPCTSV

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 10, 2016

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Iron Rose posted:

Oooh I didn't realize those were a thing. It explains a lot though. Quick question, where did you grab the info for those three variables? Not every setting is externalized into the .esm so F04Edit isn't finding them, and the Creation Kit itself is useless at searching. Not a gamesetting as far as I can see at any rate.
These are actor values apparently. You know, the ones that are a pain in the rear end to keep track of? Thanks, Bethesda. :suicide:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12730/

I think it's a way to avoid changing damage ratios on NPC vs NPC combat, which is still hilariously bad.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i sided with the railroad because everyone else is even more loving retarded

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

lite_sleepr posted:

This game is so bad, but I want to play it again for the expansions.

How do I fortify myself for a day 1 level 1 play through again?
"sgtm 5" for almost every part of the intro

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Speedball posted:

Yup, there's a whole lab full of super mutant bodies hidden in Bioscience. The Institute has been grinding out Super Mutants for decades and just dumping them on the surface when they're done.

They like to talk about how the surface is a hellhole but they're most of the reason the Commonwealth is that way. Assholes.
The Institute is like the Caesar's Legion path except nobody cares about the Commonwealth and plus they only mangle genes instead of rape women so being pro-Institute isn't quite as mortally offensive

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

botany posted:

I know. I'm also not sure stuff like the texture bug is something they could really fix within the existing engine even if they wanted to. I just want them to spend some cash on actually making a better engine (and then hiring competent writers).
They also have to spend money and time training a bunch of people for said better engine :effort:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

fallout 4's quest design is generally okay and storywise serviceable outside of the main quest, which is probably a result of the dunning-kruger effect

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

The NCR has working transport trucks and APCs, plus a fleet of vertibirds. They don't show them working ingame because the engine would explode, but they have a mechanized army.
Skeletons of scripts indicated that they at least tried to get a moving truck prop working. Didn't take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the side quests and DLCs are honestly written okay-ish to pretty good, it's just that when they're written to acknowledge each other or todd howard demands to work on the main quest is when the house of cards falls apart

• Locked thread