Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is the hardest boss in the series by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
peace walker is a good game with some really gay boss fights. theyre really lovely and not fujn

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cheesed it just now by hiding in the little square'd off building on the right. couldn't imagine doing that on a psp

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i beat the whole game on psp. u dont want to do that

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

i beat the whole game on psp. u dont want to do that

I just got to the cocoon and I don't even want to play. Why can't I plant c4 on this thing? Why do the big turrets never die? What were they thinking?

I beat it too hope it's time for sneaking again

frank.club fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 4, 2015

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

PW has badass bosses. Especially ZEKE.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
button mash torture scene where if you fail you have to restart

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

frank.club posted:

welcome to metal gear solid

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

welcome to metal gear solid

you right. wasn't expecting the boss gauntlet though
Peace walker battle was amazing

frank.club fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 4, 2015

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

frank.club posted:

I cheesed it just now by hiding in the little square'd off building on the right. couldn't imagine doing that on a psp

i figured this out fast but the boss still sucks unless you research the seeking missiles first. also how do you beat any of the bosses without calling for ammo support? it messes up my ranking.

peace walker is still really awesome despite some annoying boss levels.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

my morning jackass posted:

i figured this out fast but the boss still sucks unless you research the seeking missiles first. also how do you beat any of the bosses without calling for ammo support? it messes up my ranking.

peace walker is still really awesome despite some annoying boss levels.

your supposed to do the bosses coop im pretty sure they are balanced for multiple snakes .

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

your supposed to do the bosses coop im pretty sure they are balanced for multiple snakes .

the story I read said Kojima was trying to appeal to monster hunter players. that's cool but I don't think a lot of dudes are on playing peace walker hd right now

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

frank.club posted:

the story I read said Kojima was trying to appeal to monster hunter players. that's cool but I don't think a lot of dudes are on playing peace walker hd right now

i was 2 weeks ago you missed out.

i couldn't imagine playing this game co-op though for anything other than bosses.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my morning jackass posted:

i was 2 weeks ago you missed out.

i couldn't imagine playing this game co-op though for anything other than bosses.

co-ops in the regular sneaking missions are tight as hell. I would peace walk with people just because I never got to fight my maxed out ZEKE with anyone.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did it! Vic boss!
goddamn
Wait nvm this is amazing!!!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's one of the best endings I've ever seen in a video game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

frank.club posted:

that's one of the best endings I've ever seen in a video game

Big Boss's journey is just beginning. Venom Awakens in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, coming this September.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

frank.club posted:

the horse chase is wors.e

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Big Boss's journey is just beginning. Venom Awakens in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, coming this September.

i'm extremely excited

SM64Guy posted:

the horse chase is wors.e

yeah, having to dodge the missiles was frustrating but I did it in one try. I think maybe they made it easier for the hd version? I get hit by those missiles and trees a bunch. Also saw I hadn't actually beaten the game yet I have to find this guy a bunch now

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Chrysalis was a loving good nes game I need to play that again

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Chrysalis was a loving good nes game I need to play that again

Crystalis but yes i agree

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

rediscover posted:

peace walker is a good game with some really gay boss fights. theyre really lovely and not fujn

yep. this is the case

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I just did chrysalis, I thought it was cool and tense. I suppose the worst fight is the one that makes you personally hide out in a shed for 25 minutes (bomb helicopter here)

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
(dreamily) I wish all my friends in MGPW had really long codec calls

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MPLS to NOLA posted:

(dreamily) I wish all my friends in MGPW had really long codec calls

Check the tape recording briefings

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i like when you die on the bird hunting mission and the french girl gets panicked and starts mimicking the bird to make you feel better

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You serious OP? THis thing was pathetically easy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you get stuck on a boss just know that pw bosses can't deal when you use the m60 and your strongest rockets and abuse 3 kinds of supply drops. you can also eat constantly through the fight and just damage race because of how the inventory works.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
i got some random japanese dude spamming "i knew you had it in you" to beat it with like two shots from his maxxed out rocket launcher in coop

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

net cafe scandal posted:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
theyre actually pisseasy rocket sponges that take way too much damage to kill, the v2 versions are legitimately challenging tho

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had to play it solo!

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never played that game but it made me think of the Culex fight in SMRPG

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

frank.club posted:

I had to play it solo!

Me too, and I was doubled over laughing/crying about how easy it was, and how little I was challenged.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Me too, and I was doubled over laughing/crying about how easy it was, and how little I was challenged.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

I've made a powerful enemy here, in the imp zone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

None of the bosses were hard they're just bullet sponges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

None of the bosses were hard they're just bullet sponges.

this. the bosses in peace walker aren't hard but they aren't particularly fun either. shame too cause the sneaking parts are awesome. luckily mgsv will be out in a week and fix all that.

• Locked thread