Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Looking forward to a thorough analysis, I "enjoyed" The Line a few years ago but I'm sure I missed a lot of... things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The shot after they walk away from Gould's body, when the camera kind of moves closer and looks down (just like a person holding a camera would) is perfect.

Shei-kun posted:

So.

Wow.

Um... what happens if you try to save the civilians? Do they get shot and killed anyway, too?

IIRC you cannot exit that section until everyone is dead. I mean, when I played this I kinda figured it out when I saw how they were grouped up, and not running, and not holding weapons etc. but there didn't seem to be any way to stop. Which is probably "the point".

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm not voting because I've played before but what happens if you deliberately waste all your ammo before you reach this point? Is it possible to just throw up your hands and say Sorry Konrad, no bullets? I'm guessing it isn't but that would be neat.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I was curious so I tried this out just now to see what would happen and:

The game just spawns a rifle off to the side in the event that you are somehow completely out of ammo. So, pkfan is correct. (Note that I'm not on my home PC right now so I'm playing on low graphics, and you can see just what a huge difference in quality it makes :v:)

You can't tell Adams or Lugo to shoot anything, Walker has to take action himself. It is his only option.

:lol: I mean it makes sense because the game has to move the story forward but that's only a smidge less ham-handed than having a gun descend into your hands from the heavens "deal with it" style. Thanks for checking.

• Locked thread