Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Sorry, don't have any of those!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://gonintendo.com/stories/335901-jikkyou-powerful-pro-baseball-amiibo-cards-announced

Today I learned of 6 amiibo cards I most likely will never be able to acquire

Edit: this news convinced me to pull the trigger; my animal crossing set is listed on eBay

jivjov fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 4, 2019

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893425

I just put up a sale thread to get rid of some old Amiibo, back from when I wanted to own every single one. I've long since lost interest in that, so I'm selling off the ones that don't interest me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I got some amiibo again. I think I have space for 1 more and then I dunno what I gonna do. How many more smash are coming? Like 10 or so?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I have one shelf of space left.

We've got Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Incineroar, Joker, Simon, Richter, Dark Samus and then the Hero and Banjo Kazooie, as well as whatever last 2 unannounced DLC characters are left.

So at least 12 more and then who knows if they'll release ones for characters with updated looks like Link, Zelda or any other characters with Player 2-8 forms...

I'm saying we'll never be free. :suicide:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Not just Smash but links awakening is getting one too.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, but that don’t go on the Smash shelves

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Anyone know if it's still possible to find Isabelle somewhere. Preordered at Target and they canned my order, re-ordered it and now it's saying it got delivered when it didn't. Only option is a refund so

Looks like I'm hosed :smith:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There is not a single amiibo that is hard to find. The question is what are you willing to pay?

But for a newly released one? That's not hard, either. Just diligence.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-super-smash-bros-isabelle/6255155.p?skuId=6255155 You can see if she is available for pickup anywhere.

https://www.gamestop.com/accessories/isabelle-amiibo-figure/176515 Or here.

Or you could get her on ebay for $25.

Or just keep looking. She'll show up again. She does appear to be popular, though.

$25 on Ebay vs $16 (plus possible tax) from a retailer.

$8-$9 to not have to worry about it any more really isn't that much.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Gold Shovel Knight has preorders live at GameStop, still no official announcement about its existence...but they're taking orders!

Chrom, Simon, and Incineroar just went up at BestBuy.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I ended up with an unopened Ryu I can’t return, anyone wanna trade for it?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I decided to sell off some of my amiibo and decided to look at ebay. Whoa, some of these have some value.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I'll post pics:

All 6 monster hunters. Can't believe the value of that cat.
All 16 Splatoons. 5 are sealed. The two newer packs. The two girls and 3 of the kids.
All 4 Fire Emblem
Gold mega man sealed
Samus/Metroid sealed.

None have been used. They were just opened.

If you are interested make an offer and I'll post pics.

E: not selling any smash, mario, zelda, kirby or qbby.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 8, 2019

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Holy poo poo I just got a notification from Amazon that the Shovel Knight three-pack I preordered 264 years ago is expected to ship next Thursday.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, looks like those and the gold one are releasing finally.

That 3 pack is the last of my GCU amiibo. Alas poor GCU, I used you well.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Don't think I saw it mentioned, but Dark Samus and Richter are up for pre-order.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Waltzing Along posted:

Don't think I saw it mentioned, but Dark Samus and Richter are up for pre-order.

Do you have a link for Dark Samus?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Waltzing, which FE ones are you talking about? I think there are more than four? I’m looking for Alm and Celica for a decent price if you have them.

Edit: maybe gold MM too?

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 8, 2019

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I know it’s not rare or anything I have a Ryu unopened I need to get rid of. Make me an offer.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Waltzing, which FE ones are you talking about? I think there are more than four? I’m looking for Alm and Celica for a decent price if you have them.

Edit: maybe gold MM too?

AFAIK, there are only 4 and I am selling as a group. Go ahead and make an offer.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there are 7 smash femblems and 11 total lol

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I think he means the FE series ones, Chrom Tiki Alm & Celica. I only need Alm & Celica I’m not gonna buy another Chrom & Tiki.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The shovel trio are definitely a step up from the original.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Waltzing Along posted:

The shovel trio are definitely a step up from the original.

My set are arriving today. What is their game effect, exactly?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

New armors and a fairy according to the back of the box.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/chinesenintendo/status/1205209982477537285?s=20

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Richter and Dark Samus arrived yesterday.

First time in a while there are no preorders for upcoming ones and all the others have been released.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Sunday is the annual Amiibo Bowl! I'm taking my entire Smash roster off the shelves and having them duel to the death. Smash Luigi will be substituted for Mario Series Luigi since my Smash amiibo is adhered to a monster can covered in paper and mounted on a CPU fan as a make-shift trophy, and I'm missing two poses for Game and Watch, but I'll be streaming a bunch of amiibos beating the crap out of each other in a tournament-style thing.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Any word on if they're planning amiibos for the five DLC characters?

I'd like if Hero received amiibos for all 4 alts, or at least for Loto/Erdrick. I assume male & female Byleth is a given.

Considering Link, Zelda and Ganondorf all got redesigns for Ultimate, I wonder if they're getting new amiibo.

Then there's a bunch of Player 2s that should get figures like Young Ike, Classic Wario, Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Robin, Alph, any other Villager...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
We know we're gonna get DLC character amiibo sometime. No word yet on when, or alts or anything like that.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I'm happy for the downtime myself

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Nanigans posted:

I'd like if Hero received amiibos for all 4 alts, or at least for Loto/Erdrick. I assume male & female Byleth is a given.

Considering Link, Zelda and Ganondorf all got redesigns for Ultimate, I wonder if they're getting new amiibo.

Then there's a bunch of Player 2s that should get figures like Young Ike, Classic Wario, Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Robin, Alph, any other Villager...

At this point I doubt they're going to do more Player 2s for the old ones, if only because they have to prioritize the DLC character amiibos. I wish they would have at least treated the male/female forms as equals because it's really disappointing to not get a female Robin. My poor Chrom is all alone.

Crossing my fingers for alternate Heroes and female Byleth, I think they have a better chance.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I’ll buy the male version of Wii Fit Trainer. And some Koopalings.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nanigans posted:

Nintendo already learned that lesson once, I doubt they want to repeat it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What lesson?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I didn’t bother with the animal crossing cards, but d’you reckon they’ll be compatible with New Horizons?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nanigans posted:

What lesson?

The hundreds of unsold Animal Crossing amiibo sitting unsold on store shelves.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The hundreds of unsold Animal Crossing amiibo sitting unsold on store shelves.

When NH drops, which apparently has amiibo support, those are gonna become hot commodities.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Takoluka posted:

When NH drops, which apparently has amiibo support, those are gonna become hot commodities.

Most places put them on clearance ages ago.

Hot take: Nintendo should port AC Amiibo Festival and make it free but still require amiibo to run

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm going to bump this thread from the depths of nearly two months ago - what is the best way to store amiibo cards specifically? I have about 2/3 of the available Amiibo cards and wanted to either have them in a long box like I do my comics or maybe even a binder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm going to bump this thread from the depths of nearly two months ago - what is the best way to store amiibo cards specifically? I have about 2/3 of the available Amiibo cards and wanted to either have them in a long box like I do my comics or maybe even a binder.

I had mine sleeved and in binder pocket pages