Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

same, and i hope even if he wins he gets extra lucidity with pizza and realises he's 80 years old, walks like a nogueira, and has been knocked down a thousand times and doesn't need to keep fighting

Same

I feel like the only way Hendo's going to retire is if somebody very close to him really strongarms him into it or he has a performance that's so bad he can't lie to himself about it in the way fighters always do. I really hope it's the former because I really don't want to see the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
I honestly cannot tell Tim Boetsch and Ben Rothwell apart.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
It is my understanding that hendo doesn't fight for glory, or out of competitiveness, or love of the game, or financial need. He fights because he gets paid a lot, and he enjoys being rich. I doubt he trains super hard, and he seems to be enjoying himself, but he can't keep getting his brain rattled

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

fatherdog posted:

Same

I feel like the only way Hendo's going to retire is if somebody very close to him really strongarms him into it or he has a performance that's so bad he can't lie to himself about it in the way fighters always do. I really hope it's the former because I really don't want to see the latter.

If anything was going to do that, it would have been the Cormier fight.

Maybe a similar performance from someone on Boetsch's level will get through.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

If anything was going to do that, it would have been the Cormier fight.

Maybe a similar performance from someone on Boetsch's level will get through.

With the Cormier fight he got manhandled by a guy undefeated at heavy, he could very easily say it's not reflective of how he'll do back at middle.

Fighters are adept at self-deception. It's hard to step into the cage with a man that wants to punch you to death without it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Hendo's run from Bisping to the first Shogun fight might be the all time greatest display of dad strength in history.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

attackmole posted:

Hendo's run from Bisping to the first Shogun fight might be the all time greatest display of dad strength in history.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting are the noises Henderson makes during routine breathing, Joe!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

same, and i hope even if he wins he gets extra lucidity with pizza and realises he's 80 years old, walks like a nogueira, and has been knocked down a thousand times and doesn't need to keep fighting
Too true m8

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Get your picks in! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721325&pagenumber=1#post446171748

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

fatherdog posted:

I really feel Boetsch could have hung around in the bottom half of the top 10 and knocked off the occasional top 5 guy if he'd moved out to train full time with Hume or at least kept doing his fight camps there. In his last several fights his head cornerman has been Marcus Davis, which is not so much a step down in quality as a plummet.

:hf:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

remember the good times

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
I have a trip to Vegas to 189 on the line tonight on Draftkings. Went Boetsch, Ortega, Poirier, Soto, Proctor.

How screwed am I?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

I have a trip to Vegas to 189 on the line tonight on Draftkings. Went Boetsch, Ortega, Poirier, Soto, Proctor.

How screwed am I?

Whenever your question about "how screwed am I" involves the work "parlay" the answer is "very"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

Whenever your question about "how screwed am I" involves the work "parlay" the answer is "very"

look at the adjective "parlay"

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

"If Michael Bisping is victorous against Leites, I bet he'd like a rematch against Dan Henderson!"

gently caress you Stann, why would you even say something like that

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Ist his the first fight or was there one already?

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

Meowbot posted:

Ist his the first fight or was there one already?

First fight is over, ended by RNC

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Vitamin Boss posted:

First fight is over, ended by RNC

Cool thank you excited to see this card because any UFC is better than no UFC on a boring saturday.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This fight is pretty fun.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I was a bit frustrated by Collier having no idea what to do with his reach and just pressing his way inside to trade hooks constantly

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Tezcatlipoca posted:

nah

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

I was a bit frustrated by Collier having no idea what to do with his reach and just pressing his way inside to trade hooks constantly

Yeah his looping punches kept putting him in Abreu's range but Abreu was just as sloppy and couldn't capitalize. I'm just impressed they weren't completely exhausted after the first round and managed a decent pace.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Is Justin Edward really nicknamed Fast Eddie? That's not how nicknames work.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Can I continue calling Justin Edwards "Randy Junior" because he looks more like Randy than Ryan does

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Joe Proctor just threw the most ineffective spin kick of all time. poo poo looked like Chris Jericho's strong B attack on No Mercy.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Camps employing TV-assisted espionage is awesome.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

The "Come on Joe Proctor" is some pretty good ringside coaching.

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

holy poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy gently caress lol

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:krad:

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
daaaaaamn

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Did we just watch someone die

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Holy poo poo

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
That was sweet

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Cool choke

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
"excellent survival" lol

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
That guy's getting a bonus check.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

poor guy but that was funny as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Finish fuckin OWNED.

Body shot, palm to palm guillotine, choke out, crazy late finish. That's so many awesome elements.

• Locked thread