Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

why choose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

of course it's anime like why would you need to ask this?

is this a secret anime apologist thread trying to make it seem like it's only as bad as got?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Romes128 posted:

If you can't tell which is worse, boring political poo poo or pervs and pedos, please kill yourself.

Game of Thrones is both of these things.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

i just like to say naruto does not suck.if it can make over 1,000 fans that are 15+ then it doesnt suck. ok so it is pointed to 13 year olds boys and younger. everybody has an inner child. get over it!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
anime owns nerds

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Both are poo poo but anime is worse. The thing that tips the scales is that I have met at least a couple of GoT fans that I would trust to work at a preschool.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

well the showdoesnt suck in general. you are one small voice against many. if anything you are similar to the ppl that complain about anime in this thread

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

sorry but i dont like toplay around. ranting about ppl who dislike and complain about anime is not going to change anything

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
lot of good points about anime being worse. but on the other hand - game of thrones is still quite bad. these are hard decisions and trying times my friends.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poetic Justice posted:

yeah thinking about it you are right, it's anime

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you are an adult and still watch anime... Hoo boy

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
anime... anime never changes

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
GoT has better fan service

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
game of thrones is really a terrible show that nerds will violently defend

nothing ever happens on it... like the "BIG DEAL STUFF" is only a big deal because there were 8 episodes of absolutely nothing happening beforehand

i always laugh because it's basically an hour of consecutive scenes of two people talking in a dungeon or forest or something, followed immediately by another barely-related scene of two other characters talking

like theres barely even any deviation from this format--even in scenes where more people start, they will eventually disperse leaving two people to hold a conversation

just a terrible show

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why not just completely regress and pick yourself up a Nintendo console and some loving diapers if you watch anime.

I bet ppl who watch anime have hi-c and Capri suns in their fridge even tho they are 34 years old and have no kids

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

a creepy colon posted:

Why not just completely regress and pick yourself up a Nintendo console and some loving diapers

:D i think theres a guy out there with this specialty

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'd rather watch the Animorphs TV show than game of thrones

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Dude Animorphs was great.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Animorphs is NOT anime. please know and recognize the tell-tale signs of an anime before making these mistakes.

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

game of thrones is really a terrible show that nerds will violently defend

nothing ever happens on it... like the "BIG DEAL STUFF" is only a big deal because there were 8 episodes of absolutely nothing happening beforehand

i always laugh because it's basically an hour of consecutive scenes of two people talking in a dungeon or forest or something, followed immediately by another barely-related scene of two other characters talking

like theres barely even any deviation from this format--even in scenes where more people start, they will eventually disperse leaving two people to hold a conversation

just a terrible show

p. good summary imho.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game of thrones and some anime are actually good, OP

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Eonwe posted:

game of thrones and some anime are actually good, OP

gently caress you you white trash piece of poo poo. gently caress your cocksucking dickhead shitmuncher cock. get aids you human being rear end. gently caress.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:(

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
in the immortal words of dad gay, "suck my drat balls, OP"

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

this was a good reply and made me laugh thank you

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
I watch GOT for the 10 minute long sex scenes

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

AEMINAL posted:

I watch GOT for the 10 minute long sex scenes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop: :yikes: :eyepop:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Poetic Justice posted:

easy to answer, it's anime

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

In the book she was 13 when it happened.

Whoa, GoT is anime!

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
a song of ice and fire is a good book series and the game of thrones show is really good too and anime is literally one of the worst things created by mankind so no i dont see the comparison

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
anime is the pinnacle of culture. nothing else will ever come close, because there is always more anime in production. there is an upcoming anime which is a first person view of watching pretty anime boys sleep. it has no other content, and it promises that there will be a new anime boy every episode. i rest my case.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

Animorphs is NOT anime. please know and recognize the tell-tale signs of an anime before making these mistakes.

p. good summary imho.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hate shows where people are just TALKING TALKING TALKING all the time UGH

Going back to cartoons enjoy your poo poo SHOW

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Both have been blessed by GOD who is a lying loving nincompoop. Who are these fags, these devil worshipping motherfuckers, who would so easily suck the dick of a bunch of retards?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
always wondered how the andalites were able to sustain being such badass powerful aliens just by absorbing grass nutrients trough their hooves, almost like it doesn't make any sense

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

the great deceiver posted:

always wondered how the andalites were able to sustain being such badass powerful aliens just by absorbing grass nutrients trough their hooves, almost like it doesn't make any sense

shameful. animorphs is specifically for children. by contrast, anime is targeted at many different demographics, including literal children, figurative children, and italy.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

anime is for children and grown men who like to gently caress children

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sir_Charles posted:

anime is for children and grown men who like to gently caress children

naw, anime is for children, grown men who like to gently caress children, and grown men who do not like to gently caress children. most child molestation is committed by family members, and no one allows anime fans near children.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

good point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
OP had to watch 8 hours of something before realising it was bad.

• Locked thread