Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

This is a game of Asterix themed Mafia for the savage indomitable gauls of Auspol. Tentatively open to other mafia players but we find that the Auspol crew are especially hostile and xenophobic compared to the more laid back three-day-per-game-day posters in The Game Room.
This game will be starting on Monday the 8th of June.

<Here will be the votecount>

Players:
  1. Anidav
  2. Asphyxious
  3. Birb Katter
  4. Birdstrike
  5. bowmore
  6. Freudian Slip
  7. Gwynplaine
  8. Kat Delacour
  9. Matthew Beet
  10. Mithranderp
  11. MysticalMachineGun
  12. thatbastardken
  13. Those On My Left
  14. white mans burping
  15. xutech

Rules:

Days are 12 hours long. From 9am to 9pm. AEST.
Nights are silent.
The Gaulish villagers love a fight and to squabble among themselves, this is no democracy and so a Plurality of votes will see someone beaten up and kicked out of the village.
Then there is a 12 hour night, during which night actions may be PM'd to me.
No editing of your posts.
:ghost: Keep ghostposting to a tolerable level.
No dead weight, if you have less posts than Votecounter, you will be modkilled.
There are no millers or death millers or reverse death millers or anti-reverse death millers in this game.
There are no lovely bus drivers.
There are no AUTOMATED BIKE POLISHERs
There are spots for 15 players.

Role explanations: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Roles

Sample Town wincon
You are Village-aligned. You win when all threats to the Gaulish Village have been eliminated.

Signups are open

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

Can I be a Wally Commuting Survivor with a two shot vig?

you loving suck. :frogout:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

oh yeah i just saw plurality voting. sweet.

Kommando what happens in the event of a tie?

Random pick. By coinflip.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

no seriously?

No seriously. One person is lynched, If the Village can't figure that out themselves, someone will get punched out in the brawl first.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

So is it first past the post like hammer, or is it the person with the most votes at deadline?

plurality is most votes at deadline. I can only access SA by phone while at work now and votefinder.org is phone unfriendly. This means you have guaranteed day lengths and people can get in and post, if you'd rather both are lynched when a draw occurs I can do that. But you might orchestrate killing half the population every day.
towards the end I might switch it back to hammering to speed up the days. I dont want people to get bored of this like the king maker game.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Home finally. All my clothes smell like campfire. I had no signal out at camp and i feel so much better for it. Hanging out with my parents under the stars like my childhood.

I've got two more slots available, or I'll start tomorrow with 13 people.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Ok, thats all 15. Bifauxnen, you're out, look after minifauxnen and watch.

I'll roll up the PMs.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Game will open at 9am tomorrow morning
for now. poo poo up the thread.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

The year is 50BC, Gaul is entriely occupied by the Romans
Well, not entirely… One small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders. And life is not easy for the Roman Legionaires who garrison the fortified camps of Totorum, Aquarium, Laudanum and Compendium…

It is a lovely day in our familiar little Gaulish village.

The villagers have just finished a rousing brawl and Unhygenix is picking up his fish with Bacteria. Geriatrix is brandishing his cane just arriving at the fight and Fulliautomatix has pounded Cacofonix into the dirt.

The crowd disperses sporting black eyes and sore backs, all in good fun of course.

Elsewhere...

The druid Getafix is returning from the forest with a bundle of freshly cut mistletoe when he is suddenly set upon by shadowy figures.

They thump the druid over the head with a club and lay into him with fists and feet. Then...
"Someones coming!" says one of them.
"Scatter" says another.
The Roman spies split as Asterix the Gaul walking with his pal Obelix rounds the corner.

"By Toutatis! Getafix!"
Asterix and Obelix run over to the crumpled heap that is the old druid. He is out cold and savagely beaten.
The friends carry the badly hurt Getafix into the centre of the village and fetch the Chief Vitalstatistix, accumulating a crowd along the way.

"The sky fell on his head, by Beleos, I told you it would one day." bemoans Vitalstatistix,
"Dont be daft Uncle" chastises Justforkix, "Hes been ambushed."
"By who?" asks Bacteria. "Yes who?" adds another.
"By Romans of course"
"ROMANS?!" bellows Obelix, and he starts looking about shading his eyes from the sun.
"Romans" the crowd murmurs.
"I dont see any romans" starts Obelix, dismayed.
"No of course not Obelix, they must be in disguise." Asterix explains.

The entire village starts to look conspiratorially at each other.

Roman spies. Among the town.

maybe if you hold a dance and pull their moustache you will find them.
That worked once before...

================================

Game starts at 0900 tomorrow.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

game is open.

get accusing.

Votecount for Day 1

Anidav (1): Birb Katter

Not Voting (14): Anidav, Asphyxious, Birdstrike, bowmore, Freudian Slip, Gwynplaine, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, MysticalMachineGun, thatbastardken, Those On My Left, white mans burping, xutech

With 15 alive. The current deadline is June 09th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 55 minutes.

The sky may yet fall on our heads!

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 9, 2015

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

So should I be beetrix?

Beetamix

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Those On My Left posted:

Oh my god. End of long weekend. Early morning. Too much wine. Double the mafia. Give me the drugs.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

I resent anidav for his youth.

What foreign language is that, Gaspix?

...Latin?

Porkinaspix.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I thought it was a quieter than normal mafia day 1. there are concurrent mafia games.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

deductive reasoning or lies.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Votecount for Day 1

white mans burping (3): Asphyxious, bowmore, Those On My Left
Anidav (2): Birb Katter, white mans burping, Those On My Left, white mans burping, white mans burping, Kat Delacour, white mans burping, Those On My Left
Kat Delacour (1): MysticalMachineGun
bowmore (1): white mans burping
Mithranderp (0): white mans burping, white mans burping

Not Voting (8): Anidav, Birdstrike, Freudian Slip, Gwynplaine, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, thatbastardken, xutech

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 09th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 15 minutes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

It's all Greek to me.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

et tu Beet?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

Also apparently someone called xutech is playing?

Yeah one of the Brisgoons. lazy bugger will get replaced if he doesn't post today.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

Yeah Kommando, would it be easier to lynch the lurker than for you to find a replacement?

I'm just running the game, you're playing it.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Votefinder has a pretty rad votegraph now.

http://votefinder.org/votechart/asterix-and-the-roman-spies

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

*checks thread*

:stonklol:

you guys.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

"I know who made the sky fall on our druids head" bellowed a voice.
"Cacofonix!"
"Hes always been against us."
"Its pyschological warfare"
"Off tone"
"Lets get im'"
"Music to my ears."

The Village sets upon the bard, socks him in the nose, kicks him in the behind, bends his lyre over his head and ties him up with a gag.

White Mans Burping : Cacofonix, Hated Villager was lynched.

[Requires one less vote to be lynched]

====================

Satisfied of their bloodlust the villagers return to their homes, happy they beat the crap out of someone this evening. Even if it was the usual victim.

It is now night, PM your night actions to me.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

COCKADOODLEDOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Dawn breaks and the sprightly villagers begin to move about, the fishermen bring in their early morning catch to Unhygenix and Bacteria, Fulliautomatix begins to stoke his forge, Geriatrix is performing his callisthenics, Justforkix is sleeping in and Vitalstatistix is looking for his wife.

The Chief summons his heroes Asterix and Obelix to look for her.

In short order they search the town and find Impedimenta knocked out cold, beside her, also unconscious in a heap, a Roman, dressed as a gaul with his fake moustache knocked clean off his face.

Some judicious slapping from Obelix brings the roman round who identifies himself as Dubius Status and he is a roman spy posing as a carpet salesman and he was visited by Impedimenta and tried to sell her a carpet but they were both attacked by someone else and would like it if he was not slapped so much please.

Having extracted information from the failed Roman spy, Obelix throws him clear over the village walls where he limps away to the fort Laudanum.

Impedimenta is brought in and laid by the druid Getafix, a towel paced over her forehead.

-----------

Mithranderp - Impedimenta, Village Babysitter has been knocked out.
[protect one person at night, if you are killed, the person you protect is killed too]

Matthew Beet - Dubius Status - Roman Messenger has been knocked out of the village.
[may send a message to one player at night]

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I cant kill Beet and Mith on votefinder. it requires dragging names and does not have touch functionality. and the work proxy blocks game related stuff.

e: HAHA, USB Tethering.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 9, 2015

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

messenger is a home brew spy role. it doesn't function like mail man.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Fish are thrown, faces are punched and the whole town circles around one member.

STOP STOP STOP STOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPP!

Vitalstatistix bellows from atop his shield.

the fight stops. Everyone looks about stunned.

Look at you lot, what a dispicable display of distrust. Go home. Now.

The whole town sulkily puts down their fish, Unhygenix and Bacteria collect them up, black eyes and missing teeth, and they all shuffle off.

Vitalstatistix crosses his arms. "Disgraceful by Toutatis."

======

Asphyxious has been PARDONED

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Dawn breaks on our little Gaulish village.

A haycart lazily makes its way through the main thoroughfare, its oxen droop lidded plod past houses and shops.

Everyone is a bit dissatisfied they didnt get to lay into someone yesterday with those romans spies still about. But where are they? Maybe they've gone.

"We chased them off, by Toutatis!" Geriatrix woops, his wife Mrs Geriatrix gives him a smooch. "We showed them romans who really owns Gaul."

But it doesn't take long for an argument to break out...
-----
Day 3 begins.

Opening early because i have a compulsory EHS ethics seminar at 9.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Chieftain Vitalstatistx pardoned gaspy with a Governor action.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kat Delacour posted:

Why is it definitely Gwyn when there is no previous history of double voting. If he was a passive double voter this Anonymous +1 should be evident in the SOAG lynch. This was a day action.

My mistake. I didn't see votefinder had the ability to make anonymous votes.

assume Soag had an extra vote on him.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Sorry for all the mod slips.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

The villagers engage in rousing argument. The merits of discussion prevails after last nights abrupt dressing down by Vitalstatistix.
Voices are raised but the time is right for more cerebral arguments.

"Well, I watched you last night, and you never left the house"
"Thats true, I had two small beers and went to bed."

"And I've been checking in on these two. And nothing seems out of the ordinary."

By process of elimination a candidate appears.

Cool and collected Spookyautomatix removes his wig and moustache and steps forward.

"Very good Gauls, I am impressed. I am Nefarius Purpus. And you have discovered me. I am the spymaster and you have bested me."
He grins.

Asterix steps up to the revealed Roman. Raises his fist.

And thumps the spy into the ground.

PAF!

The rest of the villagers tie him up and march him out of the village. A small banquet is arranged. Hurrah!

==============

MysticalMachineGun, Roman Spymaster (Godfather) has been lynched.

It is now Night. PM your actions to me.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

*newwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

*THUMP!*

A high pitched whistle and a great thump announces the decent of a roman soldier into a mass of chickens in the village square, dust and feathers fly everywhere.

The village groups around the crumpled form of the roman spy biting the dirt, lots of murmuring.

then he twitches. *urrrrgghhhh*

Fulliautomatix strides forward and upends the broken spy.
"Thought you could get the better of us eh? Whats your name so we can send you packing to Ceasar directly?"
The roman is shaken violently.

"Ga-Ga-Ga-gastroenteritus" he burbles.

Right then.

The roman is stuffed into a barrel and loaded on a donkey cart heading out of town.

-----------

Bowmore/Gastroenteritus - Roman Ninja Poisoner has been kicked out of the village.

------------

A little bit later, after much cheering, Geriatrix decides to take a nap in a haystack in the sun.

*YAWN*

Flop.

*OUCH!!!*

The old gaul jumps up and dances about, a sewing needle embedded in his behind.

"Looks like old Geriatrix found the needle in a haystack. haw haw" guffaws Obelix.

*yoink*

but poking out of the haystack is a shoe.
That shoe is attached to a body
the body of Prolix, the Soothsayer.
He has a giant lump on his head and is thoroughly unconscious.

His lolling tounge and closed eyes lead him to be placed on a litter and moved with the others, Getafix, Impedimetra and Cacofonix.

-----

Prolix - Birb Katter
Village Aligned Soothsayer (sane[!] cop) was incapacitated.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 12, 2015

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (9): Anidav, Asphyxious, Birdstrike, Freudian Slip, Gwynplaine, Kat Delacour, thatbastardken, Those On My Left, xutech

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 12th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 36 minutes.

whoops. gotta dead killed people.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Votecount for Day 4

thatbastardken (7): Asphyxious, xutech, Kat Delacour, Birdstrike, Kat Delacour, Freudian Slip, Those On My Left, Gwynplaine, Gwynplaine
Anidav (2): Kat Delacour, thatbastardken, Kat Delacour, Those On My Left, Kat Delacour, Those On My Left

Not Voting (1): Anidav

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 12th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Geriatrix was getting old anyway.
It's for the best.

-----------------

Thatbastardken - Geriatrix. Vanilla Townie was put to rest.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Another peaceful morning graces our little village in Gaul.

The sky is clear and the weather warm.

Postaldistrix arrives mid morning and the villagers get their mail from abroad and about the continent.
Life is good.

Except for the niggling suspicion that the Roman spies still inhabit the town.
--------------
Day 5 Begins.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

As we are getting close to the end and its a weekend, I'm making today and tomorrow Hammer days.

Day will last as long as it takes to reach hammer, Night will take as long as it takes to process night actions.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Justforkix wails about how he has to stay in this stinking village for another month, how its not fair and there are no pretty girls here, all the wine is vinegar, everyone goes to bed so early, everyone is boring, minheirs are boring, this roman spy debacle is boring.

The whining gets unbearable and he gets thumped. Anything to stop his childish whining.

==========

TOML - Justforkix - Vanilla Townie was thumped unconscious.

Night time. PM me your actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

*CRASH!*

*BONG!*

*CLANG!*

BY TOUTATIS!

The entire town is woken by a tremendous noise and rushes out into the pre-dawn twilight to see the kitchen of the community garden destroyed by a rogue menhir and Bacteria laying by the herb garden with a large bronze cauldron next to her. Birds and symbols circle around her head as she lies prone, face first in the chives.

What happened by Beleos?!

--------

Bacteria - Asphyxious - Paranoid Nurse was knocked out by a cauldron.

• Locked thread