Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Safety Dance posted:

Diabetes is a general term for a few conditions that make the body unable to regulate its blood sugar. In most people, this leads to high blood sugar (and, if poorly controlled, all sorts of complications). It's possible for a person with well-controlled diabetes to make a mistake -- too much insulin, miss a meal they were expecting to eat, etc. -- and suffer from low blood sugar instead.

Though living with a diabetic (diabetes 1, where the body doesn't make any insulin at all), not carrying a glucose meter and ideally some emergency sugar when planning to spend a while out in public sounds ... strange towards irresponsible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Krakkles posted:

Wuss. Lowest I've consciously tested myself was 28mg/dl. :q:

32mg/dl, and I'm supposedly perfectly healthy. Things go a bit surreal down at those levels. (The actually diabetic partner is better at avoiding those dips than me, somehow.)

• Locked thread