Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot:0 Cold:1 Volatile:-1 Dark:1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 0/4 Conditions: Terrified

"Oh, uhm, I normally just go after school." I had a bag in my locker with a swimsuit and wet suit in there in case Aaron was around and wanted to surf with me - mostly because he made sure I had something to wear when I wanted to go to the beach cuz I forgot a lot. "And I walk cuz it's not too far and I am generally there a while. Serenity walks too, and Hope probably. But uhm...a car or...uhm, I don't have any. Anybody who has one, I mean." Also cars still kind of freaked me out I mean what even was the point? "So if you wanted to head home and get something to wear there, we'd probably all get there at the same time anyway or almost anyway." I shrug. "That...that work for you?" I wanted to go back to my own seat and check on Serenity, I hated this plotting thing Eve made me do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot -1,Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill

I nod. "Yeah, it does." I should probably try to reassure her. I look at her and smile. "Thanks for the help."

Turn Cally On: 2d6-1 9
Self/Promise/String

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 1/4 Conditions: Terrified

"Oh...uh...you're welcome?" Eve was really confusing but also she had a nice smile which was cool. Maybe she could be a nice person if she tried to be? Maybe I could help her a little bit?

Eve can have a string on Cally

I mostly didn't believe that, she was still keeping my pelt away from me! She couldn't be a nice person if she kept doing that - manipulating me, forcing me to help her do something basically IMPOSSIBLE. And she was scary, besides.

Serenity was a lot nicer, but she seemed to be talking to Ursula, so I just slipped back into my seat and thought. I wish I was home - humans were way too complicated. I wanted to be underwater and swimming and hunting and singing! None of this, it sucked. The ocean always seemed so far away when I was at this school - it must be the walls, made out of stone. The water only coming from cold metal fountains and sinks. I wanted to be submerged! But I could at least think about it. I closed my eyes and just tried to remember life under the waves and how calming that could be. But Eve kept popping into my thoughts. Did she know what I was? Is that why she had my pelt? Or did she just think it was some sort of thing that was good to keep?

How'd she end up with it anyway, she doesn't seem the sort of person to have gone to the beach to have gotten it.

Gonna Gaze and try to figure out why and how Eve ended up with my pelt:

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 4+1 = 5
<Jenner> ^^^
<LifeGetsWorser> RIP

Well uh, marking xp for rolling dark, at least.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Exp 2/5 Conditions:

I've already made a friend, and it's not even first period! But... I don't know what she wants! Or how I can help her. Oh man, she's going to think I was lying if I don't help her.

I've got to think of something nice to do for her... but what!?

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 7
Confusing and Alarmingly tell me what I can do to help Wendy!

Then Sara busts in and thinks we're making out! That's... well, it would be fun, actually. Wendy seems really nice. And cute, too!

So I say, "Oh, that's a good idea!" And then plant a good kiss right on Wendy. It's just as good as I thought it would be.

A moment after I part from her, I look over to Sara with a teasing smile and say, "Do you want one too?"
Turn on Sara.: 2d6+2 10
Also Zurui, you only get highlight XP once from each stat per scene, so you're at three XP right now.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed

I could feel something pounding in my head. Demanding that I finish the job and either kill the fool or dominate him utterly. Before I could do anything else I felt somebody grabbed around and I turned my face around as I felt the fury pumping through my veins almost burst as I saw Franklin grab my shoulder. Just before I lashed out at him I heard him speak and thankfully it managed to bypass the wolf. I slowly began to notice just what I had done as I could still feel the weight of Jacobs head in my hands. Forcing myself to calm down I pushed the now sated wolf back down within me and nodded at him.

"I guess you are right, some people are just not worth it." With that said I let go of Jacobs head, causing it to smack down on the desk before I got back behind my desk and sat down. Not wanting to continue the fight, but at the same time not regretting that I got a chance to almost cave a desk in.

Franklin gets the condition unnerved

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 8, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Unnerved
Tokens: old tennis ball (Zack), weird faerie stone thingy (Hope)

Whew. Glad that one didn't escalate. Zack, you are one scary fucker. Half of my brain is screaming at me to hex him ASAP. Grandfather's voice fills the other half. Magic must only ever be a tool of last resort. Yeah. Ok. It's all cool. I managed to talk him down this time. Let's hope that's a precedent and not a lucky break.

I sink back down behind my desk. Jacob looks pretty stunned by the whole thing. I feel you there, you closeted shithead. I look over to the other side of the room. Hope and Wendy are still AWOL. Now there's an intriguing image. Ahem. Cally's spacing out, though she seems to be subconsciously shrinking away from Eve, who looks as tense and twitchy as ever. Still in chair-kicking mode, clearly. Isn't body language fun? I call out across the classroom to her. "Dammit Eve, didn't anybody tell you that crazy is contagious?"

Shut Down Eve
(7:48:11 PM) Gato: what have I got to lose huh, I'm already due a hard move
(7:48:41 PM) Gato: !r 2d6+1
(7:48:47 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 9+1 = 10
I'll take a string on her.

Huh. Why did I do that? Guess I'm still a little stressed out.

Gato fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 7, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Cally slinks off, just in time for me to notice Zack flipping the gently caress out on Jacob. Not that Jacob doesn't deserve it, but I'm almost laughing at how Zack tried to get me to talk about my problems to him. Maybe you should get your problems fixed first. Really great work on Jacob though, holy poo poo. I should be taking notes.

Then his nerdy little friend starts talking poo poo and gently caress this. I get right up. "What was that?" I'm right in his face before he knows it, and I haul him out of his seat. "gently caress you!" He's apparently already freaked out from watching his friend kick someone else's rear end, so it's a lot easier to hit him.

Lash Out at Franklin: 2d6+3 10 Includes +1 from Unnerved
Franklin takes 1 Harm, loses a String on Eve, Eve gets 1 on Franklin

"You want to say that again, you weak little nerd?"

Spending the String to give Franklin the condition Weak

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Unnerved, weak
Tokens: old tennis ball (Zack), weird faerie stone thingy (Hope)

Oh poo poo I knew that was stupid why did I say that poo poo poo poo poo poo - Eve goes from sitting down to in my face before I can react, pulls me out of my seat and ow ow ow she's punched me in the stomach seriously not cool -

I fall onto my knees, and then I see it on the floor. A little leather case for glasses. Eve was wearing sunglasses when she came in, wasn't she? It must have fallen out of her pocket when she rushed me. If I can just keep my cool...

Hold Steady
(8:16:11 PM) Gato: !r 2d6 +1
(8:16:12 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 9 +1 = 10
I'll remove Unnerved.

I laugh, though it comes out as more of a strangled chuckle. Ow, my diaphragm. "Seriously, I get that you need to be alpha bitch, assert your dominance and everything but"...ow!..."it's a bit pointless if Hope's not actually"...ow..."in the room..." I rise up, then stumble dramatically, sweeping the glasses case up my sleeve. I stand up and collapse back into my chair. "And you're not exactly proving me wrong about the crazy thing."

Sympathetic token get!

Gato fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 7, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Debt to Emissary: 0+1/5

I stare down at him. Seriously thinking about kicking his chair too. But what if Hope walks in? poo poo. gently caress. Okay, wait. Maybe I do need a little help here.

"That wasn't for Hope you idiot."

Not the greatest comeback, but I'm not actually paying too much attention to what he says - I have another conversation going.

~Em? Could you help me out here? Need to know something about this dweeb lord~

I can tell he's not thrilled at the way things are going, but thankfully he'll give me something on Franklin anyway.

Using Uncanny Voices - giving The Emissary 1 String on Eve to learn one of Franklin's secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 1/4 Experience 2/5 Conditions Lazy, Dances with Wolves

This is out of control. A bunch of caged wolves vying to be pack alpha. Man this is what the city does to people I guess. At least animals fight for food and poon. What does Eve get from any of this other than now she has to check over her shoulder more often. I need to save her from herself. I knew she needed to chill but this is insane. She must not have tried the good stuff I gave her, she's super wound tight.

I step between Eve and Franklin. "You need to chill out." I say to her with the fiercest expression I can muster. "Some fresh air should help." I'm not really in a good mood so it doesn't sound like my usual advice. It's not a suggestion either. I put my hands on her shoulders to force her out of the room if I need to. "Let's go."

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed

The wolf never sleeps, it may lay dormant and even its eyes may be closed, but it will still be awake. The moment that Eve launched herself at Franklin I had been trying to keep my beast reigned in, and that was why I didn't react in time to stop him from being punched in the chest. For a single moment I experienced an almost zen like moment of calm, but then the rage came back and it was all I could do not to howl as I launched myself at Eve intending to break her. But as I rocketed out of my chair in an attempt to slam her to the ground I remembered seeing what to me appeared to be her underneath somebody's thumb and I hesitated just enough to ensure that my blow did not connect.

Lash Out at Eve: 2d6+2 6

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 8, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Debt to Emissary: 1/5

You know, maybe she's right. "Yeah, okay." Em's still getting something, and besides, maybe I can apologize to her and she'll tell Hope about it and then-

and then Zack comes barreling at us what the gently caress is even going on. He stops for some reason, and I grab his arm.

"Aww, is baby too scared to actually put up a fight?" I say this loudly enough for everyone to hear. gently caress off Zack. Then I shove him back into the desks behind him.

Lash Out At Zack: 2d6+3 13 Includes +1 from Embarrassed
Zack takes 2 Harm

poo poo. That looks...pretty bad.

"Come on Serenity. Let's leave."

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 7, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Eve: The Emissary finally replies. ~This one will serve as a valuable lesson. He cares less than nothing for the opinions of others, a rare trait in one his age. He thinks it makes him invincible. I am sure you appreciate that it does not.~

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I just yank Eve out of the class room. "I said stop it!" I feel like I could lift her over my head I'm so peeved with her but I make sure not to be rough with her. No one else needs to be hurt today. I just drag her up to the roof while clamped onto her wrist. I'm too mad to think about what I'm even going to say when we get there. And I think she can feel the bad vibes I'm putting off. We don't exchange a word the whole way up.

So we end up where I was going to show the girls we could have lunch. A place we could chill proper. And now I'm spoiling it by bring this bad mojo girl up here. I just let her go and try to think of what I could say to make her calm down. I'm no good at this stuff.

Icebreaker 7 Choosing "what do you wish I'd do"

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 2/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed

Unable to control my fall the back of my head ends up hitting the edge of the desk causing me to start bleeding. At first it is around my scalp but before I know it the blood is leaking down my face and I can barely see from what I hope is the blood but I know is the beast all but begging to be let out, to devour the girl who had dared done this to me.

Slowly I pulled myself back onto my feet, blood dripping down my face as I fought back a snarl. One moment of hesitation, of mercy and that bitch did this to me. I will break her. Looking to all those still in the classroom like some sort of beast I dashed into the hallway desperate to find her but I can barely get down the hall when I feel my knees buckle. As I grasped onto the nearby water fountain for support I managed to see my reflection in the metal and without even thinking I slammed my first into it, not even caring about how much it hurts. No hesitation. Next chance I get I go for her loving throat.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 8, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Interesting bit about Franklin there.

~Thanks Em, I'll keep it in mi-~

I lose focus on that conversation as Serenity practically hauls me out of the room. drat, hippie girl is a lot stronger then I thought she was. Not that I'm resisting, I think she's mad enough to break my wrist if I did so. There's a lot of uncomfortable silence on the way to the roof.

We get there, and she just stares at me. I stare back. Is she going to say something? I wait a bit longer. God, this is awkward, I'll just say something to get this over with.

"Can you get Hope to like me again?"

aaagh gently caress why did I say that out loud.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 7, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

She wants to be tight with Hope? Not really a good way to go about it. She must be the territorial type. She should have the testosterone to be like that on instinct though. But if she wants to be a part of the family I'd rather that. I wish she could just chill with us. I'm sure Hope feels the same. Well if she shared something in common with all of us that would help. There's a few things we all like. but the first thing I think of is why I was trying to find a private lunch spot.

"Take off your clothes."

wait that sounds really bad. I slap myself on the forehead.

"I mean uh we um, she'd..." I just end up staring at my feet I must look like a total idiot. I'm still really bad at this city thing. "She doesn't like clothes sort of."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I think my jaw drops.

"What?!"

But then she clarified. Oh. Wait, hang on, are they nudists or something? Not...really what I was expecting.

"Are-are you sure about this? You're not just messing with me?" God I hope they do this at night, somewhere where people aren't around.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Classroom
Franklin: You do get Melissa to finally look up. She sees all the destruction and would you believe the amount of shock on her faceShe immediately dismisses the advisory. She talks about having to call a janitor as she walks over to you. She didn't see you getting hurt but it's on your face. She tells you and Jacob, you notice him holding some paper towels to his head, to help Zack to the Nurse's Office. Jacob grumbles but motions for you as he heads to the door. "Don't forget Zack's bag." She tells you. You can't figure out if she doesn't care or if she's really that incompetent. Outside a puddle is forming around Zack. What do you do?

Zack: Blood and water mix on the floor. The wolf is howling for revenge but he knows he's hurt. You can feel his influence fade as he goes to lick his wounds. Next time he won't let you hesitate. You might not need stitches, for your head or your fist, but they hurt. What do you do?

Cally: You're swimming again, fully submerged. You decided to come to the beach to try out this human body and to spy on that guy riding something in the water. You go up to the surface for air. The sky is stained red and the ocean is black and boiling. You notice a blood red figure standing over your pelt. A dark shadow looms over them. The shadow look out towards you, all you see are two piercing red eyes surrounded by darkness. The figure takes your pelt and walks off. You try to swim closer but this useless human body will not move. The figure never blinking, never looking away. It memorizes you. What do you do?
The Emissary take a string on you.

Roof Crew
Eve & Serenity : Your talks are interrupted by Ursula and her friend Nathan. Apparently class was dismissed for lunch or something. "What a place to come in, 'Take off your clothes' what a hoot. You freshman chicks are crazy." Nathan says. What do you do?

Bathroom
Hope: You stare into Wendy's eyes. Suddenly you're near the warehouse district at night time. You see a boy smashing a car with his fists. He's leaving huge dents and tears, growling the entire time. And your hearts swoons. He turns around and sprints at you. You fall back as you return to the bathroom. What do you do?

Wendy : Sara blushes and groans at Hope's suggestion. She tells you she doesn't care and walks outs. Hope suddenly falls backwards. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 7, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Weak
Tokens: old tennis ball (Zack), weird faerie stone thingy (Hope), sunglasses case (Eve)

I'm too winded to help when Eve shoves Zack back. He rushes out looking murderous. poo poo. I guess I hosed up, huh? Melissa's giving me the chance to put some of it right, at least. I grab some paper towels and stagger out into the corridor behind Jacob. At least I don't have to go far to find Zack. He's sprawled against a water fountain, covered in blood. Head wounds bleed a lot, right? God, I hope that's all it is. "Jacob, go warn the nurse she's got some serious bleeding headed her way." Not that I don't trust the guy, but Zack did kinda slam his head into the desk. I pull Zack up and get my arm around his shoulders. drat, he's heavy.

"Come on, big guy. I'm good but I'm not a field surgeon. Nurse'll fix you up. Just lean on me." God, my ribs are aching. One step at a time. "You gotta pick your fights better, man." Though I guess it was me that picked the fight. poo poo. Hey, it's not like I could have known Eve could do this much damage. "But, thanks for getting my back. I probably didn't deserve that."

Unintentional Turn On
(10:56:07 PM) Gato: !r 2d6-1
(10:56:08 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 9-1 = 8
String, promise, give self.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Why would I mess with you?" I frowned, even if I didn't think I'd get another lump for it I wouldn't be that mean. And then Ursula and Nathan show up. What a drag, I might have gotten Eve on board with chilling out proper. "That came out wrong, anyway." Everyone's staring at me, like I did something wrong. I probably did but I'm not really sure what. I just wanted Eve to relax. She seems really high strung. I feel myself break into a cold sweat.

Musk 4 bluh

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Terrified

I come to with a start and a shriek (oh no I shrieked I'm so embarrassed!), wobbling my desk a moment as the freaky vision overwhelms me. What are those huge frigging shadows do they have those up here why were it's eyes all red oh god was that Eve that's a horrible thing no wonder she's so scary she's SCARY!

I look around for my friends, but they're not in the class. Thankfully, Eve isn't either. But this isn't funny! If she's a big scary shadow monster with red eyes who makes the sky go red and everything get really freaky then I can't in good conscious let her be friends with Hope! Hope is too nice, she's been too good a friend. Maybe I can tell Serenity and Hope about how Eve's a monster and maybe Shelly and Aaron too and maybe they can help me get my pelt back from her?

I clap my hands to the sides of my head and feel my heart pounding. Even Eve's empty seat was intimidating and just think of all the people she was attacking including Serenity oh gosh I can't let her just hurt people! I felt suffocated in here, suddenly. Even when it was a nightmare the ocean was better feeling than this place I had to get up. So I did. I didn't wait for anything I just...ugh, I had to find Hope or someone and warn them!

Running away (to find someone familiar to warn about Eve)

<LifeGetsWorser> Oh god this is going to go terribly!
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 8-1 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> oh hey it didn't

I'll cause a big scene, and get an xp for rolling volatile

The chair tips over and falls to the floor but who cares? I'm already out the door, trying to keep myself from literally running and just keeping my eyes open for anybody familiar.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 7, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Great. Just great. I glare at Nathan. I'm pretty sure if I hit him though Serenity would flip out. Let's use words, not violence then I guess.

"gently caress off and stop being gross Nathan."

Shut Nathan Down: 2d6-1 7
Giving Nathan the condition Pervert, he gives one back

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 2/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed

I just stare into the water as my blood begins to mix with it, almost entranced by the sight of my own life force slowly seeping out of me. I barely even notice Franklin calling out to me until I feel myself being pulled to my feet as he slowly guides me down the hallway. I am unsure what to say in the situation which is only made more apparent when he begins to talk. From what little I know about him this feels slightly different. Slightly something that I can't even describe right now so all I do is just nod slightly and smile.

"You stopped me from going too far with Jacob, so the least I could do is try and help you out when you need it." I say with a soft chuckle even though it hurts to laugh like that. "As long as you try to look out for me, I will do my best to return the favor." I say barely louder then a whisper, but with all in the inclination that come hell or high water I would keep my promise. It is that moment that I notice one of the girls, Cally or whatever dash out of the classroom. Unsure what to do I try calling out to her to see if she can give me a straight answer.

"Did something else happen in the classroom?" I yell at the running girl even as it makes my head hurt even more.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 8, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Hot 1, Cold 0, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions:

I sigh in relief and hope that Sara will keep this to herself - or at least to the smaller rumour circles. My eyes aren't on Hope as her knees buckle, but my arms are curiously in position to catch her. Her body is lighter even than it looks; she seems to float in my arms. For some reason, I'm not worried. It's peaceful here: her sleep and my soft concern. My hand moves up to prop her head and I see her gentle face, her closed eyes, her lips...her lips. I don't know how, I don't remember why, but suddenly I was kissing her...

Hope to Turn on Wendy: 2d6+2 8 Give myself to her.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

As my eyes flutter open, I see that I'm kissing Wendy. Which is much nicer than what I saw before. It was... really confusing, to be honest. She's really crushing on some hulk of a guy. Maybe... I could help with that? Or maybe a good friend would try and convince her it's a bad idea? Man, this harder than I thought... Oh well. I'll figured it out later.

After a few more very nice moments, I pull away, put my finger on her lips, and say, smile on my face, "This was really fun. We should do this again."

I add, "Let's go to lunch, though. I promised my friends I'd go with them, and I always keep my promises. Also, I'm just famished." I grin and give her a little kiss on her forehead, then I take her by the hand and lead her back to class. On the way, I say, "So, when you're not kissing cute girls, what do you like to do?"

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 8, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

"Uhm..." What I want to say is 'everything else' because this is the only time I've kissed a pretty anything (boys notwithstanding). I pull that thought back, mostly because I'm not entirely certain it's something I want to discuss now - or ever. "Well, I played football for a year. And, well, it's kinda dumb. You probably wouldn't be interested."

Several beats pass by.

"Okay, I go ghost hunting. Not like on TV. I just enjoy going to places that are haunted or have, um, spectral activity. It's, uh...kind of an obsession."

Dot. Dot. Dot.

"So, what do you do for fun?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oh no Zack was getting into fights too and he seemed really big and mean and uh-uh! Still wasn't someone I could trust, and he was all bloody and stuff besides!

"OhnosorryZackIjustneededsomeair!" I shout as a run by, hoping he doesn't give chase or anything.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Nurse's Office Team
Frank & Zack - Your walk to the office is uneventful. Possibly due to the scene that Cally created. Once inside, the nurse is pressing an Ice Pack to Jacob's head. The office is cramped but unnaturally clean and well stocked. The nurse is a fair looking, young woman with blond hair. She points to a reclined chair for Zack. "This wasn't your doing, was it J?" She's particularly doting to Jacob. "No, not now." He looks away. "I think I'm good Penny. I'll see you later." He turns to Zack and say, "Hey loser, your bag is in the corner." Then leaves.

"Don't mind him. He's always wound up." The nurse says. "Anyway, it's always good to meet new freshman. I'm Nurse Penny but Penny is fine." She sighs and starts to clean up Zachary. "Well, it doesn't look too bad . . ." What type of person does Penny seem like to you two? What do you?

Roof Crew
Eve - Nathan is taken aback. "Yo, I was just listening. You girls were talking about it. Who's the real perv?" What do you do?
*Nathan gives you pervert*

Serenity - Ursula sits next to you and then your smell makes her scoot back. "You two seem to have made up well." She looks confused and appears like she wants to say more but doesn't. What do you do?

Classroom team
Hope & Wendy - The two of you spot the broken water fountain with some crimson red stuff floating in it. Then you look inside the classroom. The teacher is picking up a knocked over table and a janitor in the room cleaning up what you guess to be blood. The classroom is empty except for the two of them. What do you do?

Independent Selkie Who Don't Need No Crew
Cally - You knock over a few chairs and tables on your way out creating a bunch of noise. In the hallway, you slam straight into Aaron. The two of you tumble to the ground with you landing on top of him. Everyone is staring at you including him. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 8, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

"Oh, football? I didn't know girls played that in school. Did you have to get special pads or something? What position did you play? You look like you'd be a good receiver..."

When she says she's a ghost hunter, I cock my head a little. Even I know that's a little weird. I then frown and ask, "So, um, why? I mean, what made you want to do that?" Still, I'm her friend, and I said I'd have her back. So, I add, "Either way, that sounds like fun! Can I come too?"

I add, "Mostly, I explore the city. I'm, uh, not from around here, and I-" I stop short when we get back to class, confused atthe scene. I look around, eyes wide and ask the teacher, "Wow, what happened here? Where is everyone?"

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 8, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Tokens: old tennis ball (Zack), weird faerie stone thingy (Hope), sunglasses case (Eve)

Huh. The nurse's office is not what I was expecting. Neither is the nurse - most of the school nurses I've met (not that I'm in the habit of it, you understand) have been jaded old matron types. Penny is actually pretty attractive, and she seems nice enough. Don't know what's going on with her and Jacob. Maybe they're neighbours or something? I'm pretty sure I'd have heard if it was anything else.

I watch her attend to Zack's head for a bit, then give an experimental stretch. I'm still aching like hell, but at least I can walk straight. Good. Somebody is overdue a hexing. Zack might be the teenage incarnation of Bruce Banner, but he's also being stitched up in the nurse's office with a trail of blood leading back to the classroom. That's karma. Plus he says he's got my back, like a big, angry puppy. Hell, it's more than I deserve, but I'm definitely not complaining. Eve, though... nobody's made her pay yet. And there's only so much you can do with snark and bitching.

"Ok, big guy, looks like you're in good hands. I'm gonna go grab lunch, then I've got some stuff to take care of. I'll see you back in class." I make sure I look him in the eye. "And...you know...thanks." I head for the door, then stop. I turn back to Zack, and do my best stage whisper: "Make sure you show her that smile of yours!" Ah, man. Good times.

I head back toward the classroom. I've still got Eve's glasses case up my sleeve, so I could probably do the hex now. But I really, really want to minimise the chance of this failing, and for that, I'll need my cards.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert

Are you loving kidding me? This prick is calling me a perv? Really tempting to just shove him down the stairs. See how much of a smart rear end you are then, fucker. But no, let's not do that in front of Serenity and her friend.

"Whatever. We were talking and then you came up here hyucking it up and making her uncomfortable. So we got the message - class canceled, go to lunch - you can leave now." I make shooing motions at him. "Go on, get."

Manipulate Nathan: 2d6 3 Includes +1 from Pervert

Ugggh, this is so much harder then just punching him would be.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Oof! Oh I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!" I start before I even get a look at who I've landed on top of. I didn't want to start a fight I wanted to get away from a fight - and Eve's horrible monster vision. I look - Oh, it's Aaron. I pause for a second. "O...oh hi Aaron." I slide off of him, ignoring everybody else staring in the hallway. Aaron was my friend so I wasn't too worried about something like the mess in the classroom happening. "Hey sorry I ran into you, my homeroom turned into a crazy disaster and everybody was like, attacking each other!" Ok so not everybody just Zack and Eve being big mean jerks, but still. I got to my feet and offered him my hand. "I dunno why they're all acting nuts but I didn't want to get involved with that, sorry." I could talk to Aaron, right? I mean, he was a year older than me and everything but he was like, my first friend here so I could probably tell him Eve was dangerous and manipulative. He might not be able to do anything directly but maybe he could give me some advice?

Wow I was talking a mile a minute. He held up his hands. "It's cool, Cally, don't worry about it." He smiled. As always he was chill; but that's just how he was, which was great.

"Ok, thanks, Aaron. H...hey, I'm wondering, can I talk to you a minute?" I noticed the crowds finally. "Uhm, somewhere with less people maybe?"

Rolling to Manipulate Aaron

2d6=5, 3 (8)

So what will it take for Aaron to come somewhere private to chat with me?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 2/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed, Hulked Out

Guess Cally really was in a hurry was all I managed to register as she rushed past me before I started to zone out.

Maybe it was the blood loss talking but everything just seemed so surreal. It should have been obvious to Penny that we had just been in a fight but she just couldn't care less. At this time I would not be sure what I would have said if she had been more probing but at least that would have made sense. Just as I was about to mutter a response I heard Franklin make his exit. It was still eating away at me that I had been unable to do anything other then get myself hurt, but in some small way I was happy about everything. Despite how badly it all ended up it felt as though there was somebody in the class who had my back and it had been sometime since I had really felt that. I was just about to try and something back when he brought up that disastrous start of the lesson and it was all I could do not to laugh.

"Maybe I could also show her my trick with Jacob as well." So with a wide grin I nodded at Franklin. "I will catch you later Frank." I say as I turn back my attention to the nurse. Despite the amount of blood that had come from my head I was starting to feel somewhat better. Smiling up at Penny I slowly raised up my right hand.

"I am sorry for keeping you so busy but can you also take a look at my right hand as well?" With that said I started to zone out and think back to the lesson. My mind told me that I should be furious at Eve for how much she hurt, and in some part I was. But something akin to acceptance was stirring within me and I was too out of it to try and sort those feelings out. So instead I stared up at the ceiling whilst popping an occasional glance at Penny.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 8, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I roll my eyes; I'd entirely forgotten about the term "soccer" in my preparations for being 'American.' "Oh, no," I say, "I mean soccer. No pads. I wasn't ever any good at it, really."

Hope's question doesn't really surprise me. I'd had a few people express interest in coming with me, but nobody every came through except Johnny. Johnny just did it because he had a crush on me. I mean, is this the same thing? I don't even know how this is supposed to work. "Well, my cousin was into it. Hunting is sort of an acquired taste. I was actually thinking of going down to that park tonight-" I shut my mouth as we pass the drinking fountain, my face registering utter shock as we enter the classroom.

I stammer: "Mo-mother Mary..."

Zurui fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 8, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

When I get back to the classroom, Wendy and Hope are already there. I glide past and grab my bag, enjoying their looks of confusion. The janitor hasn't quite got round to the blood pooling by Zack's desk yet - all you'd need is a chalk outline, and it'd make a decent murder scene. "Man, you two missed out. Desks flying, people screaming, amazing beatdowns... it was pretty epic." I do my best knowing smirk. "I'm sure Wendy appreciates you being such a good Samaritan, Hope."

Shut Down
(9:51:18 PM) Gato: !r 2d6 +1
(9:51:18 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 7 +1 = 8
Hope can have the condition Out of the Loop. She can give Franklin one in return.

I head for the door, then turn to Wendy. "Oh yeah, and FYI, Zack's a pretty straightforward guy. Likes takeaway, moonlit walks, beating people up. Give him a good swoon and I'm sure he'd sweep you up in his big, rugged arms." I put my hand on my forehead and mime fainting.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

"gently caress you!" The words come out of the mouth of a petulant eight-year-old, not a teenager. I was hot, now I'm just loving angry. My hand flies up; Franklin is usually much tougher than this, but he takes the slap across the face. I immediately regret it. This is going to get around...

Shut Franklin Down: 2d6+0 6 oh gently caress oh gently caress

Lash Out at Franklin: 2d6-1 6 tagging Weak to make it a 7. Franklin takes 1 harm and a String on Wendy since she lost herself for a moment in front of him.

Zurui fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 8, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions:

Suddenly, Franklin comes back and sort of tells me what happened. Only... he forgot to use any nouns. Then he starts making fun of Wendy, and she just hauls off and slaps him! That's not nice!

I get between the two of them and say, "Wait, stop!" I take a look at where Wendy smacked Franklin and gently touch it, murmuring, "Wow, she really got you good, huh?" I look back at Wendy, disappointed and say, "Even if he was being a jerk, you didn't need to smack him." I turn back to Franklin and pout a little, saying, "What was that for, anyway? Look, I've heard you're a reasonable guy, so why don't you apologize. We can just pretend this didn't happen, ok? Then, you can come eat lunch with us, too!" I smile at him, then glance back at Wendy and nod my head towards him, indicating she should apologize too.

Turn on: 2d6+2 12
Give Franklin "reasonable."
Take a string on Franklin and spend it to offer him an XP to apologize to Wendy.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 2/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Weak

OW. poo poo, that hurts! That girl has a hell of an arm, I think she broke the skin. Guess I hit a nerve. And now Hope's... touching my face? That's... nice? God, she's really, really attractive... talk about a charm offensive. And she wants me to apologise? ...well, ok. She's probably right. Can't expect everyone to take a joke. And the last thing I want is to get slapped again. By either of them. It's a hell of a good cop, bad cop thing they've got going. I blink and step away. Don't want to creep her out.

"Sorry, Wendy. Sorry if I've been a bit of dick this morning, it's... well, it's how I am. I run my mouth a lot, I don't mean anything by it." I turn to Hope. "Pretending this didn't happen... sure, let's give it a shot. Lunch sounds good, we can start over?" Why the hell not.

"Got something I need to take care of first, I'll catch you in the canteen?" I head out the door, and make my way behind the building. Don't want to get interrupted.

I'll accept that experience.

Ok, down to business. I shuffle the deck, then check the top card out of habit. The Ten of Cups. Fulfilment, happiness, perfection. Normally, that’d be a pretty good sign, but now’s not exactly when I’d expect to see it. Hmm. That’s my cue for a bit of self-reflection. I make a mental note to think about it later. God knows I’m going to need to take a break sooner or later – at this rate, I’ll end up in hospital by this evening.

Right. Which hex to use? I could do one of the gross-out sickness ones, but they’re not too consistent; at worst she’ll be off school for a few days, then everything will be the same. I could use Express Train to Crazy Town, but…she’s already crazy. Wouldn’t want to make things worse. No Violence Ever it is then. Maybe it’ll make her a better person? I’ve never cast it on a girl before – I wonder how it’ll work?

I drop the cards face down on the ground in a loose pile. Here goes nothing. I reach into the pile, and pull out… The Magician. That’s me, then. Good start. I keep it in my left hand. Mustn’t let go of it. I grab another with my right hand. This will be Eve. I draw out The Devil. Huh, that wasn’t what I was expecting. Something else to think about later. I lay her card next to the sunglasses case. Now for the tricky part. My right hand darts in and out of the pile, laying cards in a line. The Ace of Wands. Magic power. The Five of Wands. Conflict, senseless strife. The Eight of Swords. Entrapment, isolation. The Hanged Man. Paralysis, surrender, sacrifice. And finally… The Tower. poo poo. poo poo. I grab another card in desperation. The Tower again? What the gently caress? One more time. I'm holding three copies of The Tower now. poo poo poo poo poo poo. I let the cards drop. The leather case is gone.

Casting Binding on Eve
(10:59:37 PM) Gato: let's get hexing
(10:59:40 PM) Heliotrope: welp
(10:59:41 PM) Gato: !r 2d6 + 2
(10:59:42 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 2 + 2 = 4
(10:59:45 PM) Gato: gently caress
(10:59:46 PM) Zurui: YES
(10:59:46 PM) Heliotrope: ahahaha

That's... never happened before. What the hell is going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Zack: Penny is quite chatty as she stops the bleeding. She narrates what she's doing and she's asking probing questions about your head and hand and you in general. You get the feeling she knows more than she's letting on. After patching you up and giving you a Tylenol she lets you alone. With your guard down you let something slip during her questioning. What did she ask and what did you say? What do you do?
Heal 1 harm

Cally: Aaron helps you off the floor. He smiles at you. "Sure, I'd love to chat, maybe we can get lunch together?" It looks like he has something on his mind as well. What do you do?

Frank: It all goes wrong. The cards have betrayed you. Your body betrays you as well. It flips over another card, the Devil. Except this time it's all black except for two red eyes. A booming voice speaks, "Such skill for someone lacking experience. However, it is in your best interest to let them alone." You swear you see a hand steal the case, pulling it into the earth. "You aren't smart enough to listen to reason however. Mortals never are. I've already seen that we will meet again." Another hand steals something from you. You feel yourself take control of your body again as the image fades. You are holding a reversed Fool. What did he take? What do you do?
The Emissary takes a sympathy token from you.

Eve: Nathan completely ignores you and sits next to Ursula. You feel constricted for a moment and then Em speaks. "You should be more careful with your belongings." You feel something slide inside your pocket. "Tell you what, next time you need something from me for Frank. Consider it free of charge." What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 9, 2015

• Locked thread