Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

JosephWongKS posted:

The English translation has been completed and will be released on Steam on 28 April 2016 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/377530/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_1

I swore I wasn't going to buy any more Steam games until I finish some of my backlog, but I'm getting this tomorrow no questions asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It's now available on steam, time to get your Drunken Fist style on!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Wahhh! Why is it so big!

Downloading now!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The price is lower than the size (20 gb) of the game! :kingsley:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Any hot tips before I begin playing!?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I hope they release a hotfix today.

The game doesn't respond to my keyboard so I can't get skip the opening cinematic, and I can't reroll attributes.

Also, I can't find an options thing so I don't know how to make it fullscreen.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pladdicus posted:

Any hot tips before I begin playing!?
I only saw the extended preview, so i can only recommend you to attack chickens when you find some in the village/town.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

A steam review just posted said how to full screen the game.

Alt+enter.

This also seems to fix the keyboard problem. Apparently you get options to change graphical options later in the game.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Are there any other big issues with the game other than that keyboard/fullscreen thing? I noticed the review score or whatever on steam is Mixed and that usually only happens when a game is unplayably broken so I wanna be sure it actually runs before I spend 15 bucks on it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
so like is there a way to make the font readable on names of characters and stuff because it basically looks like jpeg artifacts when the dude has more than 2 names

is there a button to see the rest of the text a character has to say in combat? it doesnt fit all in one text bubble and clicking just skips the rest of it

edit: this is an issue with character bios too, gu yuexaun's doesnt fit all on one page and apparently that means i dont get to read it. real disappointing if this is the case

2nd edit: theres a lot of little issues, from not really getting an idea of the time units (hour of [chinese character]) to things like the first sim section asking you a question about acupuncture based on a picture and that picture not being translated. I'll see how it is as I go along but it could have used a bit more polish before being released in English

MotU fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 28, 2016

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

MotU posted:

so like is there a way to make the font readable on names of characters and stuff because it basically looks like jpeg artifacts when the dude has more than 2 names

is there a button to see the rest of the text a character has to say in combat? it doesnt fit all in one text bubble and clicking just skips the rest of it

edit: this is an issue with character bios too, gu yuexaun's doesnt fit all on one page and apparently that means i dont get to read it. real disappointing if this is the case

2nd edit: theres a lot of little issues, from not really getting an idea of the time units (hour of [chinese character]) to things like the first sim section asking you a question about acupuncture based on a picture and that picture not being translated. I'll see how it is as I go along but it could have used a bit more polish before being released in English

Yeah, I agree with this. It's kinda frustrating because the game seems fun, but nothing is really explained well, and then when it does explain stuff you can't read it because the text cuts off.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
can I go to a gathering of people and get them drunk by uncontrollably vomiting on them in this game, or is this the wrong kind of chinagame

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

can I go to a gathering of people and get them drunk by uncontrollably vomiting on them in this game, or is this the wrong kind of chinagame

There is a drunken move that sort of does this!

edit: I love this game, it's not perfect but once I got past the opening segment bugs and got keyboard working, I just love it.

edit: Got to the sim part, that drat bird made me nostalgic for your LP Nyaa

edit: the internal points are not translated at all. I have the Chinese, but no idea which one is Baihui, wahhh!

Pladdicus fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 28, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I am still at work. :qqsay:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Using google translate and some guesswork
Baihui is the very top of the head, top most point

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I can translate it if you post img.

Edit: oh god you mean those chakra points

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pladdicus posted:

There is a drunken move that sort of does this!

edit: I love this game, it's not perfect but once I got past the opening segment bugs and got keyboard working, I just love it.

edit: Got to the sim part, that drat bird made me nostalgic for your LP Nyaa

edit: the internal points are not translated at all. I have the Chinese, but no idea which one is Baihui, wahhh!

guessing I can't castrate people for shits and giggles though

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
This isn't quite Age of Wushu(?) haha

And yeah referring to this

Even just the...romanized? version of it would be fine, since that's what the game uses.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
I cunningly solved that by reading the bit literally right before you need to pick the right acupuncture point where the guy actually says 'it's the one on the top of your head'.

Is there any way to rotate the camera around in sim mode? feels like there should be.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

King Doom posted:

I cunningly solved that by reading the bit literally right before you need to pick the right acupuncture point where the guy actually says 'it's the one on the top of your head'.

Is there any way to rotate the camera around in sim mode? feels like there should be.

Ahaha oh man I am dumb. That said, I think it comes up a lot?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
There's a sectionlater that is a Caligraphy quiz by a guy in Luoyang and I have no idea if he says everything beforehand because I couldn't quite remember it all but it is about matching similar Chinese characters.

Everything is translated so uh, yeah. Good luck w/ that

That said I have no idea what I am doing with some stats or what I should be focusing on. I don't know if something special was supposed to happen with Yaksha at the birthday party. I didn't attack and lost and it kinda just ended the thing

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pladdicus posted:

This isn't quite Age of Wushu(?) haha

And yeah referring to this

Even just the...romanized? version of it would be fine, since that's what the game uses.

Starting from the one pointing to the top of the head and going clockwise:

Top of the head - Bai Hui
Forehead - Ying Tang
Upper chest - Hua Gai
Middle chest - Yu Tang
Side of the chest - Da Bao
Elbow - Qu Ze
Slightly below the elbow - San Chong
Top of the stomach - Zhong Wan
Palm - Shao Fu
Bottom of the stomach - Qi Hai
Side of the stomach - Da Heng
Bottom of the chest - Ju Guan
A little above the bottom of the chest - Dang Zhong
Shoulder - Zhong Fu
Between shoulder and neck - Jian Jing

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MotU posted:

I don't know if something special was supposed to happen with Yaksha at the birthday party. I didn't attack and lost and it kinda just ended the thing

If you attack her and survive four rounds of combat with her, you receive a internal chi manual from the birthday party's host after the battle.
If you don't attack her and just "Wait" each round and survive four rounds of her attacking you, you unlock Yaksha's romanceable path.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

One of the new things in the remake is that side skill can directly/indirectly contribute your combat stat in some form, so there shouldn't be any useless skill especially hobby skills that are most likely to unlock powerful kung fu/beneficial events when near maxed. The only advice i can give for first playthrough is to focus on a few thing and don't jack of all trade. If it's as hard as the old version, you gonna get owned if you don't train hard on your combat stat/kung fu.

Edit: thanks jwks

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 28, 2016

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
If I were to hit dudes w/ a regular old Sword, what skills would I want to focus on? Should I try to get my Weapon Skill and Internal Energy to Rank 10 right away? It says that I need Qingqong, but should I also grab all the other Combat stats like Flexibility and Sight and all that?

It is a bit overwhelming with skills in all honesty.

Also, is there anything like a New Game+ where you can transfer over something when you complete a playthrough?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, how do the english translation check out this far? I've been wanting to play this game since Nyaa LP:ed the old version but if it turns out to be badly formatted wordsalad I'll wait until the developer cleaned it up.

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 29, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If it's same as the old version, each kung fu use different stats and how much each stats contribute to the kung fu power. ex: drunken fist use fist and alcohol to power it. Chi should also boost it.

Usually your master or the kung fu description will tell you what other stat it needs.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I can't get this to work with a keyboard or a controller

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

gently caress the ROW posted:

I can't get this to work with a keyboard or a controller

A)Turn off steam overlay
B)Alt-enter for full screen
C)...just try running it a few times I think

JosephWongKS posted:

If you attack her and survive four rounds of combat with her, you receive a internal chi manual from the birthday party's host after the battle.
If you don't attack her and just "Wait" each round and survive four rounds of her attacking you, you unlock Yaksha's romanceable path.

Darnit I moved away from her, apparently that doesn't count.

Thanks for the spot names!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Aw heck you can't even move? I got 2 shot, I can't imagine not being able to take *any* action

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love wuxia moveis so i picked this up. I dont really like super japanese games so heres to hoping it's kinda tolerable :suicide:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

MotU posted:

Aw heck you can't even move? I got 2 shot, I can't imagine not being able to take *any* action

I think if you just wait nothing happens? My moving resulted in me getting one shot so I can't imagine there's any other way.

Abu Dave posted:

I love wuxia moveis so i picked this up. I dont really like super japanese games so heres to hoping it's kinda tolerable :suicide:

It's super wuxia. And like 99% translated :D

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ya this unskippable intro movei is like a hour long

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this game is loving weird but charming. Just kung fu-ed a chicken and a rooster but not after almost dieing

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

:itwaspoo:

If you're having trouble I had to cast my lure to the right of the dead sticks and high enough that it would go above them instead of roll below them. Once you find a sweet spot the carps are everywhere. Silver carps don't count but they sell for 350 anyways.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Translation randomly takes sharp dives all over the place. You can see how it had a bunch of different players doing translations. Some lines actually sound like they are native English and others are misspelled Google translate p much. Wish it got more of a unified pass done to it or something but what can you do I guess. If it gets worse then I'll be hesitant to say its a 16$ job. The gameplay is really fun but if the gibberish becomes commonplace then I'll feel like I wasted a few bucks honestly

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I wanna go straight up hadn to hand fighting, what stats should I focus? I zone out during the logn cutscenes

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Abu Dave posted:

If I wanna go straight up hadn to hand fighting, what stats should I focus? I zone out during the logn cutscenes

You're gonna be zoning out a ton then but it is the actual fist martial art + flexibility. hunting also trains felixbility

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ya I might give up. I like the battle system but the other parts are so confusing. Seems like there's a amazing game hiding there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Finally get to try it. I am still in char creation and playing the Chinese text by editing the ini file.

Long cut-screen skippable with esc. Not skippable the first time I open it in English mode.

Keyboard working fine so far.

Edit:
Observation so far:

The blackout fire icon thing on the top of the creation screen say it can be use to raise starting cap or lock talent/number. So that should be the New Game+ bonus.

Edit 2:
Working on my Win xp, 32 bit so far.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 29, 2016

• Locked thread