Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«492 »
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

AtomikKrab posted:

You already know the answer

I guessed it was like that. It only works when the family is completely gone, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Soho Joe posted:

769 Magyar RIP 867 Magyar: Completely pillaged most of Europe and conquered the steppes during 200 years. My clans joined almost every war, I had Byzantium and Arabia as extremely powerful tributaries, and I was ready to settle down as a Republic with 25k gold and numerous Chinese boons and a lot of tech points. But I wait to settle until I pillage one last city, and my ruler dies abruptly. I mostly ignored succession because my family is prolific and I have so many treasury boons. But because I play with default equal rights, I am now an elderly woman in an ancient non-matrilineal marriage with no playable heir regardless of how I settle or who I kill or marry. The option to create a republic is unavailable, and I'm pretty sure I'd still lose even if I could enact it now.

Whats wrong with 867 Magyar? I was thinking about giving them a go

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Is there a reason I cant assign commanders to my army? I have multiple titled commanders, but this happens

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

DJ Dizzy posted:

Is there a reason I cant assign commanders to my army? I have multiple titled commanders, but this happens

If they serve on your council and are otherwise busy fabricating claims or training troops, then you can't assign them to lead armies. Same deal if they are in prison or on pilgrimage/haji, secluded in their castle because of a disease outbreak, withdrawn in seclusion to meditate/pray, etc.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

That would explain it. Thanks!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

DJ Dizzy posted:

That would explain it. Thanks!
Yeah, hover over them in the honorary title view and see if they're listed as something else than commander

also, your vassals have a tendency to randomly faff off and do their own things, especially if they have low opinion of you

So what you can do instead, is to go into the character finder, checking the "will join court" option and then men and just sorting by martial score

Voila! A whole heap of possible commanders with far fewer attachments, in a way.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is it wrong to hope for one's mother to die? Because if it is, I don't want to be right.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Unnnnngh

College Slice

If it were me I'd eat the kinslayer trait to knock her off sooner so that I had more time to get a grip on my new empire.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Honky Dong Country posted:

If it were me I'd eat the kinslayer trait to knock her off sooner so that I had more time to get a grip on my new empire.

Plot power is still low. (Im trying)

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

HMMM...
YOU MUST BE HAVING CULTURE SHOCK.

This makes me want someone to archive some of the more crazy stories in CK2 with an advice column framing.

"Would poison or manure be a better way to kill my inbred older son so my genius younger son can inherit my throne?

Signed,
Concerned"

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at Jan 18, 2018 around 15:26

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly representing vanilla legends 1994-2014

"Dear Joan,

Is it appropriate to take my aunt as a concubine if I can't find three unrelated Zunists?

Yours,

Sun King"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Unnnnngh

College Slice

Dear Sally,

The local law won't allow matrilineal marriages but I have a niece that inherited some land and I need their children to be of my dynasty for it to stay in the family. I'm considering marrying her to her cousin, my son. Does that make me a bad person?

Signed,
DEF NOT AROUSED RN

«492 »