Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Pfffft, they just closed the other thread, that's some scrub level "Imprison" cheating.

I think they used the console, actually. I didn't see any warscore ticking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

Why can't I give a kingdom to my Grand Mayor? I'm an emperor dammit

You can't create King-level Republic or Theocratic vassals. They need to create the title themselves. Just give them all the land and *hope* they do it.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I think the addition of moddable trade routes could help make the map much interesting. It would also provide a good vector for spreading the plague. :kheldragar:

Yes please. I love your mod.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Werewolves

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

If you make sure all dukes are dynasty members they'll almost never plot against you unless ambitious or insane.

Am I the only one that doesn't try to load up my own realm with my dynasty? Like, I feel my experience (~952 hours) is exactly the opposite of this. Powerful dynasty members always seem to look like great replacements for my ruler to other vassals. I totally enjoy marrying my dynasty off into other places, though, and getting crazy allies.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Some of you may be interested in MP. Some of you may be interested in LPs. Porque no los dos.

We're planning another Multiplayer Lets Play game in the CK2 Multiplayer thread.

Currently planning to play as France from 1066 and thinking of starting in the second week of October.

Is there going to be a separate thread for the LP? I really liked following the HRE one you guys were doing.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Roadie posted:

I figure by the time we get CK3 the map will have expanded to cover the entire world EU4 style and then at some point there will be some kind of horrifying/beautiful Sega 32X DLC that connects CK3 and EU5 for a single continuous millenia-long game without mod converting or whatever.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a human rear end sitting in a chair forever achievement: Play a game from 769 to 1821.

Your dreams are puny.

Rome 2-->CK3-->EU5-->Vicky 3-->HOI 5-->New Product-->Stellaris 2

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

stop i think i'm hyperventilating with excitement

New-Spore-First-2-Phases-Like --> Flinstones Universalis --> New Ancient History Game* --> Rome 2 --> CK3 --> EU5 --> Vicky 3 --> HOI 5 --> Kerbal 2 --> Stellaris 2

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Don't the unit packs cause slowdowns? I think game performance is better when you don't have them on, though I own them all. Silly, I know.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

Have you seriously ever taken a game from the Charlemagne start date to 1453 or whatever the ending is?

I did it ironman as Jewish Semien. Took me a lot of luck and time but managed to finally create Israel about 1200. Spent the rest of the game conquering the remainder of Africa and the Middle East. It was amazing.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

Well, this turn of events is mildly upsetting. We've been sharing a Github link ever since Sam made the first thread more than a year ago now, and no-one's ever warned us this was a no-no and made Github explicitly verboten before now.

Steam Workshop pls

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Is there a Dune mod? There should be a Dune mod. A good one.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Synnr posted:

It's already a bene gesserit simulator.

Well, yeah, especially the way I play it.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
I marry for positive genetic traits alone and no other reason. I can see the benefit of marrying powerful neighbors, though.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Jack2142 posted:

Not everyone is Zoroastrian Bro!!!

Rookie mistake.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

skipThings posted:

it's still not fun in a game

Why are you here?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

skipThings posted:

I like to read the LP's and understand the game and look at the pictures, always wanted to play CK to EU, but can't be bothered , what's your excuse ?

I have 1000+ hours in this game and fail at life.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Who is the goon that made the Enhanced Black Death mod? I've been trying to play with it lately and have had an issue. I posted about it on Steam as well:

Any luck fixing that "Rome has been struck by the plague" event firing every few seconds problem? I'm playing as a ruler-created Nomad Mazdaki Persian with all the DLC having started at the Charlemagne start. Playing with the mods Your Personal Castle, Ruler Designer Unlocked!, Status of Women - A Law Mod, and Shattered World.

Each time the event fires it seems to have the portrait of a different character, almost none of which are actually in Rome. I haven't been able to identify what they have in common with each other.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

That would be me.

Unfortunately, I have several other projects under my belt right now, so work on EBD has been put on hiatus. Not to mention there were a few other bugs in there that killed my enthuaism for modding CK2. I might get back to it in the future, but for now you're on your own.

Sorry about that.

bummah

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Is there any way to destroy your top title? Like, using console magic and stuff?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Welp, inherited a temporary revolt title as Emperor of Scandinavia in my ironman game. Was so close to getting that Seven Centuries achievement, too.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Dareon posted:

Doing anything constructive with Iceland has always seemed mildly impossible to me. Which obviously means I need to try it sometime.

I became Emperor of Scandinavia and reformed the Germanic faith starting in Iceland at the Charlemagne bookmark. It was pretty difficult, but tons of fun, just make sure you keep marrying Swedes for alliance protection until you're big enough. Not quite as hard as my Beta Israel game, though.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Dont get his popularity really

It probably has something to do with lack of many options.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Bort Bortles posted:

I would love to stream a game and teach people how to play things because I have an affinity for it, but gently caress i dont have that kind of time.

Yeah, me too. Kinda wish I'd gotten in on the ground floor on youtube lets playing stuff and was a multi-millionaire now. Then I'd have time.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Retinues are better than ordinary troops in literally every possible way, with the only drawback being that you don't get very many. The cost in particular is completely controllable, if you don't want them eating up your cash then just set them to reinforce at half-pace or not at all.

Back in the day it used to be possible to get 20k+ retinues at which point you literally didn't need anything else because armies larger than that are easy to gently caress over via attrition, smaller armies don't stand a chance, and equally-sized armies could skirmish with them and the retinues would reinforce faster and potentially beat them on the next go-round even if they lost the first one.

(It's probably still possible with enough territory but it's unlikely to happen in anything but the most viciously optimized, "paint the entire world my color" kind of games.)

It's still totally possible. In my current game I created the custom kingdom of Marrakech as a Finnish Shia Merchant Republic and my kingdom only covers 6 duchies in the year 1050. I currently have ~20k in heavy infantry retinues with no additional expansion, just teching and building tall.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Max holdings in my capital, the Canary Islands. I come from a long line of cannibal Caliphs.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

:golfclap: Share a screenshot if you get a chance. I dont get to play much anymore so I tend to live/game vicariously through goons who do cool things.

I live to make Paradox games as ahistorical as possible. It isn't ironman because I usually like to design my initial ruler's look and family crest, and I savescummed once after losing an important war. What binge crotching said is pretty much what I did otherwise, though I had to leapfrog a few times, not just through Brittany.

Sadly, I lied and have 7 duchies because of my stupid Seville superduke I just broke up. Also, my current Caliph hasn't had a chance to get cannibal yet. Mauretania, Mali, and Africa are all of my dynasty, released from when I conquered most of the continent in Holy Wars to get the necessary prestige and piety for the kingdom and Caliphate creation. Excited to export this to EU4 and come up with some creative ideas for that playthrough.

EDIT: Forgot to show my retinue army:

pwnyXpress fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 18, 2016

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Volkerball posted:

You might have just neglected to mention it, but maxxing out garrisons in your trade posts has a huge impact on your retinue cap once you start looking at 40+ trade posts. 20k for being that small is pretty crazy though. Retinues as a republic are definitely still really important to say the least.

*blows off silk road empire save*

Niiiice.

Yeah, I didn't actually realize the trade post garrisons affected my retinue cap. I have almost 50 trade posts, fully built out.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Wow this is great, thank you! I miss doing crazy poo poo like this.

It's turning out to be quite a lot of fun. My last four rulers all died from getting too rowdy in the bedchamber. 10% chance my butt.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
So, anyone else get this AMAZING event chain yet? It was SO good.

So, after about 80 years of being Immortal, I go insane, possessed, werewolf, pretty much all the crazy. I get Glitterhoof on my council. After having a bad nightmare wherein Glitterhoof dies, I'm given the option to give some of my immortal blood to Glitterhoof. Obviously I do it. After another 40 years of glorious insanity, with me and my immortal horse the only real constants, I get a letter written in strange handwriting, though obviously the writer is very intelligent. The letter seems to be threatening me, telling me that I am a pretender and a farce, a "disgrace to our kind" and that the writer has taken out others like me in the past, and that they are coming for me now.

Turns out I had the target wrong.

He's got a cool Hellenic trait I didn't know about!

I wish I had capped the other screens too. I chose to engage him in scholarly debate. After several choices where I continued to pose more and more challenging questions and he was writing out equations and proofs on the walls of my castle I finally got him to conclude aloud that immortals cannot possibly exist, and he literally poofed out of existence. My ruler went on to die in battle at a ripe old age of 217.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Darkrenown posted:

Immortal rivals is quite possibly my favorite thing I have ever made at Paradox :)

Well props to you. That was amazing.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Well, I finished my CK2 game and exported to EU4. I thought the converter had been improved? I mean, yeah its definitely better than it used to be, but I'd say 3/4 of Europe ended up with generic National Ideas, including the Kingdoms of Germany, Bavaria (#1 Great Power), Castille, Portugal, Greece, and Scotland. Sweden ended up with Polish ideas, and anything with my dynasty ended up with Finnish ideas. That last one makes sense aside from the fact that my dynasty is largely focused in Africa and Arabia, and one of the ideas is winter attrition or something. Why wouldn't the idea generator that is used in game when creating vassals and such be used to replace National Ideas in this case? I've always planned on modding my own to suit the history of my CK2 game, but I don't have the time to come up with some for every other nation out there, and this is clearly going to be a lot less dynamic and interesting than I anticipated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

spectralent posted:

Anyone having much like with the CK2Generator tool from a few pages back? I can't get it to progress past pre-history.

I've heard it doesn't work with the newest version of the game, but I haven't tried myself.

• Locked thread