Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deific Presence
May 7, 2007

ThaumPenguin posted:

"just start in Ireland" works as long as you add "in 1066".

Personally I'd say the good Irish starts are:

1. Munster/Mumu (of course), as the player starts off strong and can quickly get introduced to the concept of "de-jure" right out of the gate.

2. Dublin for introducing the player to inheritance.

3. Connacht for being a slightly more challenging version of Munster which also introduces the player to how useful good councillors can be, via the genius Michael Ryan, which Connacht always starts off with:

This is good information. I wish there was a list of starting characters by what awesome traits they start with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007

Rollofthedice posted:

What do people think about Monotheism Rising?

It has potential but as it stands it makes Byzantium extremely overpowered, starts at 769 with the Schism mended, and I didn't really explore any further than that because it was so ridiculous from the get-go.

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007
I've never had a 769 start date where Constantinople didn't fall to either Pannonia or Abbasid by 900.

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007

Freakus posted:

I just started playing a merchant republic.

I know I want to connect my trade zones, but should I go for 100% control in each? E.g. I have 3/5 trade posts with the 2 other not built. But the trade zone next to that is more valuable. Should I go for 100% control (5/5) or try to gain control of the more valuable trade zone next to it?

I believe as long as you have majority control you still get the bonus income.

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

Mongols have a special CB that's very good. Jains get insane bonuses that make their realms very stable but they also lose access to a lot of CBs. Mongol Jains still get the special CB.

Makes me think that it will get nerfed in the next DLC...

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Is there a way to give a county to someone outside your realm? I'm doing a Charlemagne playthrough just for the hell of it and to form the HRE I need the Pope to have 100 opinion of me but that's not gonna happen for as long as I hold Orvieto.

Antipope

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007

ecavalli posted:

That's what I was worried about.

I know it's blasphemy these days, but I'm not so in love with GRRM's books or the TV show that a simple fan service reskin gets me excited.

It does add a lot of new mechanics, traits, events, and other cool stuff. I still prefer changing real-world history, but it seems pretty cool from the few times I've tried it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007
After many a game of getting ganked the moment I convert from tribalism, I'd recommend waiting to convert until all of your demesne has all the tribal upgrades, most of your vassals have a Stone Hillfort/Large Market City, and you have enough gold stockpiled to hire plenty of mercenaries, start construction on a new holding in each county in your demesne, start some upgrades in your capital, and some extra gold as a buffer.

• Locked thread