Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Can you play theocracies yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

kind of goes in the face of the core mechanic

Holy orders which are kind of like elective monarchies then :mad:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Which DLCs are basically required to enjoy this game, and which ones can I comfortably skip?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Whats the secret to not getting shat on immediately as the kingdom of jerusalem?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

Make sure the Templars and Hospitallers are vassalized and remember to use them. They're composed mostly of heavy infantry and heavy cavalry, and poo poo all over your neighbors' levies.

Get alliances with large Christian powers, like the Byzantines and HRE and France, at all costs.

Park your court chaplain in Rome and have his lips firmly planted on the Pope's rear end. If he likes you, he sends a lot of gold your way whenever you're fighting heathens, which as Jerusalem will be all the loving time.

Fighting Muslims can be a pain in the rear end because everyone has multiple wives, and each of them potentially come with an alliance. Consider bumping off a wife or two before you attack so your target doesn't have as many brothers-in-law to come to his aid. That said, if you attack with the Holy War CB this won't help, because coreligionists can help each other out even without alliances.

Once you're ready to expand, go after Egypt rather than further into Arabia. Egypt's stupidly wealthy and Alexandria and Sinai make fantastic vassal republics. When you make the Sinai one, make sure its capital is on the side facing the Red Sea. Otherwise it'll put trade posts in the Med, which is potentially more lucrative but is much more competitive.

Sweet. Thanks!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Goddamnit it's nearly impossible. I immediately get swamped by 20.000 angry sunni/shia men. Deus Vult! :argh:

Nope. Make that 2 armies of 15000 each. gently caress this. gently caress everything.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 7, 2018

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

^^^^^
Just surviving from the earliest available timestamp.

Is it better if I start off with an earlier timestamp and then take the region by force when the first crusade kicks off?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Jihad for everything

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Welp. I got reduced to 3 holdings. Then Big P called a crusade for Jerusalem instead of Andalusia.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is it always worth it to create duchy titles?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

How do I actually form vassal republics? I just conquered the Sinai peninsula.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is there any way I can repay the 300 I owe to the knights templar after I vassalized them?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hmm....

Having the pope's liege be the emperor of the HRE is annoying. He keeps on excommunicating me, which makes the holy orders protecting my righteous rear end, to go away.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

How? I'm the king of jerusalem :v:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is there any way I can cure my son of being demon-spawn and having the voice of satan?

It's not like he is a bad son though.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 15, 2018

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Apparently my son is already at the highest rank of lucifers own. :stare:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

What are the good cultural retinues?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

For some reason, giving one of my vassals the duchy of cornwall, set them up as a petty king in surrey. Without any cornwall provinces. :thunk:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is there a reason I can't give out duchies to people without them forming their own kingdoms?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Gotcha. Thanks. That would explain it.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is there a reason I cant assign commanders to my army? I have multiple titled commanders, but this happens

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

That would explain it. Thanks!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is it wrong to hope for one's mother to die? Because if it is, I don't want to be right.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Honky Dong Country posted:

If it were me I'd eat the kinslayer trait to knock her off sooner so that I had more time to get a grip on my new empire.

Plot power is still low. (Im trying)

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is there any way I can forcibly blind my own daughter? I want my genius daughter to inherit, but she wasnt born in the purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

The problem solved itself. One of my vassals decided to stab my other daughter.

Is there any way I can get kings under my benevolent imperial rule to give me levies?

• Locked thread