Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

What overhaul mod do people recommend? CK2+, HIP, Project Monotheism? Everything seems kind of bloated and crazy. What works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

My Always Sunny run in After The End is going great

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

LaSalsaVerde posted:

Africa DLC tia, do it all in one fell swoop.

Would love this, please do pdx.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Steam workshop has a file size limit that makes mods with new maps a no go I believe.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Ah geez I think HIP added a special Lunatic mouth or something

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

At least Serbia looks right.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

It is crazy to me that so many DLC have come out and it's still impossible for Russia to have Russia-style succession in the engine.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

James The 1st posted:

Anyone still play with the CK+ mod? How is it these days?

I like it. I still think it's dumb that their map gives Iceland four promises but whatever, it runs smooth and isn't as clunky as HIP. Plus there's lots of custom religions packaged in by default, along with the Year 1000 scenario and the cool Wiz-style Faction and Crusader Kingdom systems.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Nobody Interesting posted:

I feel like I've done Aargu->Emperor and Ivar->Viking Conqueror of The Entire Planet to death. What are some more interesting starts / characters to try out?

Socotra is cool.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I really like that DD. The black death should be as scary as the mongols

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

CK2Plus is good again. Disables Shattered Retreats by default & adds a lot of functionality and cool religions, plus the Year 1000 bookmark which owns.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Leinadi posted:

Do they usually put the older CK2 stuff on sale whenever they release a new DLC? I kind of want to pick up Conclave but not sure I want to pay the current price tag for what it appears to add.

Yeah, definitely wait 10 days or so.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Mostly just standard mad gamer vote brigading. The education system is unquestionably better, it's just less easy to game the outcomes.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

My drunkard Emperor just earned "the Great" and our Wicked Priest Pope just earned "the Holy". I feel like maybe it's too easy to earn these nicknames..

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Yeah!! Megacampaign time comin

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

what is this, the Unholy Roman Empire? I'll see myself out

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Also it boosts your income by increasing stewardship.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

my bad gay son is the Pope

Next thread title, please.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

WILL I BE ABLE TO CONVERT MY INDO-HORSE GLITTERHOOF EMPIRE TO EU4??

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Makes migration-era poo poo at least a little more possible too

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

CK3 would be fine with just synthesising of all the many elements added by patches/DLCs and then focusing on adding depth to the existing game map. That's how Paradox sequels work.

e: Like some things missing from a game about the Medieval world:

Rota system for Slavs and ethno-cultural migration for Magyars and others would be great.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I do think that developing non-lovely systems to model population growth/decline and cultural evolution is key for any CK3. It'd help cut down on "ah, Bavaria is French because of the Karlings, again" moments, at least

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I’m coming back into the game after being absent for a few DLC and god knows how many patches. Is CK2+ still the go-to mod these days? I always liked how it handled crusades and how it fleshed out being a vassal.

It's still better than HIP imo. So yes.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

It's pretty old school but can be fun. Hopefully you got the expansion pack (Vae Victis) too because then you can play Wiz's mod (Reign of the Ancients) that makes it so much better.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Personally I've abandoned working on my Paradox mods because I can't be bothered to compatch them every six months so I'll be pleased when development sloooows down and I can work on a big project with confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I think they're teasing an earlier start date for the next DLC, not Holy Fury. But I could be wrong!

• Locked thread