Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

There's a bunch of typos in that diary, groogy, it keeps saying Khan instead of Khal :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Wait, you can still mark people as characters of special interest????

HOW????

It's in the diplomacy menu IIRC. I think it's the star button at the top?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Tributaries sound interesting - I take it from the pics in that dev diary that you can be suzerain over someone the same rank as you? If so, it actually sounds kind of like the English/Scottish conflicts of the era.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Edison was a dick posted:

Well, I now have motivation for playing a new Norse campaign.

Created by: smoke crack and become a lesbian

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Edison was a dick posted:

I'm a bit wary of map altering mods, since the Lux Invicta one turned Lahur, which used to be the best Duchy, into garbage territory.

Seriously, you get enough holdings in that one duchy to meet the territory requirement for a custom Kingdom.

It doesn't alter province count, just puts them where they should actually be.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Bishop Rodan posted:

How the gently caress did this happen? :psyduck:

You can get events as Norse where a clansman comes back home with an African wife IIRC?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Groogy posted:

Actually we have a beta who can manage to conquer the entire world in like a couple of years. 3-8 years or something depending on the Rng.

I'm afraid that's witchcraft and you're obliged under Swedish law to have them executed, or else to fine them not less than 4 riksdaler per offence.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Secret Bear confirmed

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

quote:

wolfe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1yYHVTdViA

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Beelzebub literally translates to "Lord of the Flies", if that helps.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

secret bear

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Dev Diary #29: Illumination

quote:

By the grace of God, I am finally back and able to pen another development diary, though my hands are still unsteady from the shocking things I saw while in hiding. I think it best to simply recount my harrowing experiences of the last few weeks. For those with eyes to see and ears to hear, there is much to be learned from my travails.

For many months, I had felt that something strange was going on at the office. In hindsight, the signs were all there; colleagues naming their daughters “Sophia”, hushed talk of “secret knowledge” and Dan “podcat” Lind suddenly breaking off his presentation of the next Hearts of Iron IV expansion in order to explain how the Creator is just an “evil emanation of the original Monad”. But it wasn’t until Björn “Metal King” Iversen took me aside to listen to the subliminal messages in various Judas Priest tracks that I finally realized the truth: the company had been infiltrated by Sethian Gnostics! I recognized some of the messages from the Second Treatise of the Great Seth and the Gospel of Judas...

I suddenly did not want to help Björn record any more death sounds. Who knows how many souls he has helped “liberate” from this earthly prison in his infernal studio? He eyed me with suspicion when I assured him that I had already achieved Gnosis. Beating a hasty retreat, I was forced to skulk in various unused meeting rooms for a full week until I could finally make my escape. While in hiding, I witnessed many disturbing sights; people wearing inverted pentagrams and muttering to themselves, a secret follower of Mahomet performing an odd prayer ritual, various outlandish and no doubt fraternal handshakes, and worst of all; a vile heathen festival in the lunchroom involving spiderwebs, skulls and a bloody brew spewing smoke.

The rot runs deep. There are worse things afoot than mere Gnostic heretics... I fear there are several other corrupt sects burrowing like ticks within our ranks. How could this happen? What malign stars have aligned in the skies above our afflicted nation? Dark heresiarchs are at work in the Realm, pulling strings from the shadows and inducting naïve game developers into their subversive cabals. Who can feel safe in these dark times?

I have written the Holy See with a plea for aid. My sole hope lies in the Holy Father, Pope Francis, though I wonder if he is made of stern enough stuff to unleash the Hounds of God, for I fear only the Dominicans can save us now, as they did in the times of Cardinal Torquemada, bless his soul...

May God send us a light, for the darkness surrounds us!

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

So I've started a game as Adelaide, Countess of Vermandois to see if I could do a Carolingian reboot. All traveled smoothly for the first twenty years, I got my heirs back in line for inheritance, cancer took care of the husband and I married my brother off into the Duchy of Tuscany for the glory of the house. Then the Capetian heir converted to Islam and inherited a few years later. Now he is the French Sunni King and has four Queens including my daughter.

Curious to know what people would do here - without a kingdom claim I can't really challenge him, and I assume he is going to get holy warred or even crusaded into the ground. He has converted a few of his court (including my son but he is a disinherited de Vermandois so he can do what he wants) and the county of Paris just switched to Islam.

Play the gently caress into it.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

ASK TO JOIN KNOWN PLOTS :toot:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I stole the foreskin of Jesus Christ. This game rocks.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I really can't figure out how to play hordes. Basic tips for a big dumb idiot?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Is Swiss a culture IRL?

I thought it was like four or five cultures crammed into a confederation by pure chance and geography.

The culture consists of trying to explain it all to foreigners.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

QuoProQuid posted:

i felt bad about eating charlemange’s daughter as the count of Paris because he and his extended family proceeded to spend the next fifty years waging hellish wars against me to revoke my title

e: oops. thought I was responding to the current page

appropriate typo

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Gort posted:

Is there a way to turn off that little three-second music clip that plays whenever an event pops up? You hear it so often it's beginning to engrave itself into my brain.

[ck1 menu bugle]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

Hahahahha holy poo poo you guys. (32:13 if the time doesn't work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrDKlHBBSFg&t=1933s

ANIMAL. loving. KINGDOMS.

HOLY FURRY CONFIRMED

• Locked thread