Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
What prompts the "Ask for Help Managing Your Titles" option when your demesne grows too large? I get this option sometimes but not all the time, and I don't like having to hand out city and church titles manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I've been over the limit by 15+ and the option doesn't appear. Though sometimes it does and I'm not sure what the variable is.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Not 100% sure, but I think it was because I disbanded my troops but my character was still commanding the retinue troops.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I'm playing as the emperor of Hispania. The kings of Portugal and Germany (both vassals) revolted in an attempt to make the Portuguese king (the faction leader) the new emperor. Halfway through the war, Germany pulled out and became independent. They still have the same king. What happened?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

After having not played this for ages, I just bought Charlemagne, Horse Lords, Conclave and Reaper's Due. Other than France, who else gets the up-close treatment in these DLC in terms of events and such?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

edit: nm

snoremac fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Nov 24, 2016

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Playing this for the first time in a while with new DLC (Charlemagne onwards). It annoys me how often you have life lesson moments with your children, nieces, nephews and grandkids. I liked the old system where you only dealt with this stuff by and large by becoming a child's ward. I've caught eight or so kids sneaking a peek at my private letters. I'm trying to deal with my crazy empire and don't want to be distracted by having to choose whether my niece I've never noticed becomes craven or brave.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Picking childhood and education focuses in a large family is the worst thing. Every five seconds.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

How do I convert my tribal government into a feudal one? I have Absolute Tribal Organization.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's because I don't have a stone hillfort in the capital.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 27, 2016

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Phrosphor posted:

What can I do about Vassals that hate me when I am too weak to plot to kill them? I have a Mayor who has the rival trait and I can't change any laws because I have to have all of Vassals loving me. He is a total dick and constantly sends me rude messages, refuses to go to my feasts and keeps trying to have me overthrown. He spiked my drink at a party and laughed at me when I collapsed and now is a real thorn in my side. I have been trying to plot to kill him for something like 20 years but the only people on board are my son and a baby for some reason. Can I just revoke his title and chuck him in prison - he is a powerful vassal is that something to be worried about? I only have two provinces and I am worried I might get crushed by peasants if I act too tyrannical.

If you attempt to revoke his title and he refuses he will declare war on you. If you select "Revoke Title" in the diplomacy options there will be a "Yes" below the Send button if he will relinquish it peacefully, a "No" if he won't. Peasants don't care how you treat vassals - it's other vassals' opinions you need to worry about. If you revoke a title without a legitimate reason (eg. the vassal has fabricated one of your claims or plotted to murder you or someone close to you) you'll get a -15 opinion penalty from all other vassals. Not the end of the world, but not something you want to do often. If this vassal is more powerful than you and hates you he's unlikely to let you revoke peacefully.

Galaga's suggestions are worth trying, just remember that spying on someone sometimes leads nowhere because there's simply nothing juicy to dig up about them.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 28, 2016

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Is there any chance of the EU4 converter working when the 1.19 patch was just added? I've still got a way to go in my CK2 game but I'll likely reach the end in a couple of days. Does it generally take some time before it's updated?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Conclave question: How do I end a mercenary band I've created? I just noticed the 30% cut to my levies and I want out.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Jedit posted:

Diplomacy options for the leader should include Dissolve Mercenary Company.

Ah okay. I did check that, but they were being hired out by someone, so I'm assuming the option appears when they're not hired.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Can a tribal vassal called into a war raise a tribal army?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Playing this having not tried some of the later DLCs and I just inherited my vassal's titles by assassinating him with dark plague magic? I recall there being "supernatural" events that could be explained as figments of your ruler's insanity, but this seems very literal.

This game has veered into fascinating territory.

• Locked thread