Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

The Byzantines and Abbasids both become unstoppable blobs that slowly grind each other down in that start. My first start in that timeline I recall the Abbasids eating both Seljuk and the Mongols.

Yes it's blobby, but the original example was the ONE spot that ISN'T super-blobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Spiderfist Island posted:

So now that Horse Lords is out I decided to try applying my experience modding EUIV towards modding CK2. I'm trying to make the Zoroastrian group a bit more interesting by making Manicheanism its own religion, and by giving the other Zoro heresies their own unique features, like how the Catholic heresies play completely different from Catholicism.

I'll post a link to it here when I'm finished with my work– the Localization stuff is a bit of a pain to work with compared to EUIV, but the rest of CK2's code is easier to work with than I expected. I've already added Zurvanism as a new Zoroastrian heresy, but aside from a jokey "Darkness" religion I can't think of a good heresy for Manicheanism.

According to this paradox plaza post Manicheanism had one group that didn't really follow any of the various Manichean prescription and on the other hand ultra-hardliners. On the other hand they list one of them as being Denawars who as far as I can tell were just Sogdians who had a hard time communicating with the formal head of Manicheanism so they established their own but had not doctrinal differences. so it might not be the most accurate. I suppose they might make sense as a "regional" heresy that maybe follows orthodoxy rules for religious heads.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Schizotek posted:

I don't really think the pillaging system was designed with slaughtering entire countries at once in mind. I also think pillaging a holding should increase the revolt risk of all counties of that religion or culture you control. Or maybe even just all non-nomadic holdings with a huge rear end opinion modifier for all non-nomadic vassals. People seem to take the rapid genocide of the globe rather well all things considered.

Yeah I could go with this, with the addition of pillaging the territory of any one rebelling against you doing the opposite.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The one thing i REALLY miss from the original Crusader Kings was attacking a county under a duke under a king only calling in the duke, because your vassal's vassal isn't necessarily YOUR vassal, dontcha know?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I'm not too sold on the whatevr you call the information tab to the right but personally the vanilla character UI isnreally cluttered, so conveying the same information and leaving a bunch of empty space sounds great to me.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
As Mathilda of Tuscany I always like to matrimarry the son of one of Robert d'Hautville's older brothers for the strong claims to immediately press. Generally have to invite him to court first THEN matrimarry though.

Edit: Robert, not Roger.

reignonyourparade fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 2, 2016

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Various Meat Products posted:

You can't grant titles to your kids in a way that circumvents gavelkind.

Also, even if you could it would just switch which county your second son got, gavelkind accounts for titles they already have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Hmmm, so after the end seems to have finally fixed Ursuline bishop mechanics, only for them to accidentally give them the Catholic crusades list.

Though the Canadian for Louisiana was amusing, at least.

Pretty sure they always had Louisiana on their Crusade list.

• Locked thread