Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh, so if the child mystic does grow up you know she was a fake all along? I don't feel bad about failing the first test then. Or about kidnapping her and forcing her to become my concubine when she grew up.

Has anyone ever managed to play this game without becoming a monster?

Define "monster". :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

A while ago, i did an ireland start. Normal unification of ireland, taking scotland, then england, wales, as per usual.

After a while i started intriguing and marrying to various noble houses. Cut to 200 years later, i'm emperor of britannia, i'm married to the queen of spain whose husband had strange, definitely non-stabbing related accidents.

My child will inherit both britannia and spain, and will rule. It takes a while, eventually the queen gets pregnant. At this point, the king of france croaks, and his titles, for some ungodly reason, fall to my wife.
The aforementioned son will inherit britannia, spain AND france. I'm gloating ad nauseam. So my wife gets pregnant, and so, this future magnificent god-king is about to be born. How should i call him ? Well clearly what everyone would do, is give him my own name so i can :smug: at seeing my name on a map.

He is born, so it is time for my wife to leave us. I kill her, he inherits, and is now king of spain. I go back to my affairs in Dublin to try and build for a stable realm with happy vassals to prepare the transition. 15 years later, i die, and it happens. I am king of everything.

And then i notice half the realm is in revolt. "King Neltharak the mad". Okay, i guess i'm a lunatic now, those are always fun. Then i take a look at my character. "Lunatic, Possessed, Slothful, Craven, Homosexual".

I got loving pwnd by crusader kings.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

(I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of those allegations)

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

That was before monks and mystics. I'll try it out in my next game though !

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

The last DLC I bought was Charlemagne. What are the best things to get while they're on sale to get me going with CK2 again? (I mainly wanna worship satan lets be honest here)

Way of Life is pretty good, brings out great options for your rulers and things to do.

Monks and mystics is quickly becoming my favorite DLC. Join the hermetic society and raid an alchemist's laboratory, steal his papers and publish them as your own. Start as a high learning ruler and become the grandmaster of a wizard order.

The adversary one is fun as hell too. I had a 60 year old scottish money-grubbing duke (yes, stereotype, i know) turn to the society to finally get the throne of scotland.

I really don't want to spoil the events but i was laughing a lot. At one point i'd get a prompt to seduce any female in his court within two days of them arriving. Invite steward from distant realm, appoint him. My incorrigible ruler seduces the wife, and the steward now hates me and does his job poorly. Kidnap him, imprison him, invite another one, rinse and repeat.

That old duke was a piece of poo poo but man was he the funniest character i played.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

I loving love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Gantolandon posted:

Rabies is one of the few diseases where cutting a limb off can actually help. It spreads through the nerves and is incredibly slow.

If symptoms pop up you're done, though

• Locked thread