Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

New patch, new dev diary:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/weekly-dev-diary-5-clan-management.860536/

UYGHURS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

For the first time in all my hours plaything this game, I finally inherited a kingdom from the outside using Elective.

I didn't even know I was on the ballot.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eric the Mauve posted:

I think the entire AI thought process behind how they decide who to support in Elective successions could use work. There should be a lot more politics and deal striking involved.

No there wasn't, you just threw some money their way and anyone who wasn't Ambitious went blindly with your choice.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Edison was a dick posted:

Convert to Jain. Have a feast where you decimate all the wildlife and retain the best CB in the game. :kheldragar:

Can confirm that Jain Mongols is in fact the most insanely powerful thing in the game.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Is there a way to give a county to someone outside your realm? I'm doing a Charlemagne playthrough just for the hell of it and to form the HRE I need the Pope to have 100 opinion of me but that's not gonna happen for as long as I hold Orvieto.

Give the county to some random schmuck, then grant him independence.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Mongol Empire in the Mongol bookmark also starts with Ultimo as a succession law. When you're Buddhist or Jain, it is functionally "whoever the gently caress you want".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh poo poo one of the eBooks is Song of Roland.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So yes we're just expanding the map into the Tarim Basin and Siberia.

Also Anxi may be this thing. So some Chinese cameos.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The rules of thumb for retinues:

1) Do you have horse archers? If you do, spam horse archers.

2) Don't have horse archers? Just spam regular archers.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've always found the HIP map to be ugly as gently caress.

In fact most mods that change the map tend to be ugly as gently caress (exception being After the End.)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Keeper Garrett posted:

Does doing that editing affect iron man?

You can Ironman but can't get achievements if you edit the .txt file for landed titles.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The China expansion is just that one county that is technically in modern China.

Next expansion fills out Burma.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

alcaras posted:

For the demon spawn event chain, I see it shows "not_pagan" -- what qualifies as Pagan?

e.g. Cathar is not pagan, Viking is pagan? Jain is pagan?

Pagan - Germanic, Tengri, Slavic, Zunist, Romuva, Suomenusko

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is it possible to mod in nicknames that are only available for characters within a certain dynasty?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder what magical bugs we'll have tomorrow.

I'm betting that Nomads constantly switch wives and this causes the computer to go into a death spiral.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Autonomous Monster posted:

I can build a sheep! :haw:

GAZE UPON THE GLORIES OF THE HORDE!

I cannot wait to build my horde of Khitan wrestlers.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Solemn Sloth posted:

wales-ireland

Ireland no long safe place to be.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Playing in Khotan is like that South Park bit about Mongolians.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Aeble posted:

Is it normal for their patches to break saves? I don't play the game much, admittedly, but it's really throwing me off trying to play when my ironman save gets corrupted for the second time.

Most patches don't; it's big ones like this that overhaul something or expand the map that ruin old saves.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So now that we have the outer fringes of the Yuan Dynasty on the map, guess who's hanging out with Kublai Khan around 1280.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If only there was a way to do Tibet without making it look like a total eyesore (see: the Lux Invicta map).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shadeoses posted:

Why is Venice part of de jure ERE?

It was for a long time the ERE's (incredibly autonomous) westermost outpost. It was recognized as being ERE territory up until roughly the 9th-10th century, but really the Venetians were running their own show with the occasional lip service to whatever chucklefuck found himself in charge in Constantinople.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anyone have a good startup guide for playing as nomads?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Charlemagne Ireland, also known as "Pictland's house extension."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ZombieLenin posted:

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm certainly feeling like it from the thread; however, I am already bored with the nomads.

It's fun for the first couple hours until I literally can rofl stomp the blobbed Abassids. Hell, as it is you can pretty much beat any Abbasid Holy Wars direct at you in about a decade of game time.

Right now in my Nomad game I'm so powerful that continuing seems kind of pointless.

Figure out a way to break yourself up then, jesus.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Famethrowa posted:

I love when my spymaster is a Slow Elusive Shadow. Makes me imagine Littlefinger talking like Forest Gump. :allears:
Me mam always said that life was like a laddah.

Space Pussy posted:

Makes me imagine show Littlefinger.
Also book Littlefinger.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

mythomanic posted:

This is the government type layout in the latest Github version of After the End. Nomads are Ghost Dance following Canadian Indians and Revelationist Grangelanders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvfy7IRF7wc

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's like when people ask for a Fallout set in Europe; like, the gently caress are you gonna do with that? Have some fuckin' bigass Basque anarchist commune in Navarre that use robots? Greece regressing into the Peloponnese Wars or some poo poo?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Huh. The king of Asturias in the Charlemagne start is a direct descendant of the Merovingians (straight from Clovis, actually) and is related to Justinian. Now there's a pedigree.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FutonForensic posted:

Is there a specific part of the LPs that go into identifying threats and preventing massive civil wars? Anything beyond just "keep everyone happy"?

Beware:

- Ambitious people (they will almost always be heading or part of factions even with a high opinion of you)
- Lunatics (who will try to assassinate random people for no reason, including you)
- Vassals of different culture and especially religion
- Basically any duke-level vassal who has more than four counties

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ghetto Prince posted:

Anyway, I came here to ask if anyone knows if there's a playable character from House Dracul / Drăculești? I want to pick up some more achievements and I figured playing as Dracula's family would be fun, but iron man doesn't let you use the character creator and I can't find a Dracul anywhere.

House Dracul is too late in CK2's timeline to be added.

However, in the latest bookmark you can play as their scions, House Basarab.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So much empty space, what's the point?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hordes really Hinduism, I've noticed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Apparently there's still a Merovingian kicking around somewhere in the Charlemange start with records all the way back to Clovis, but I haven't been able to find him.

The king of Asturias in the Charlie start is a direct descendant of Clovis, also distantly related to Justinian.

Good luck not getting your poo poo kicked in by the Ummayads, though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Regnal names have to be simpler to implement, how the hell does the Papacy do it?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Spiderfist Island posted:

So in a fit of insanity, over the past month or so I've been plodding away every so often at a mod that adds in the Orlanthi from King of Dragon Pass / Glorantha into vanilla CK2.
Have you added the option to take legal action against ghost characters yet.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Heliopolis being a Zunist holy site is funny as poo poo and fitting but can the one in Baghdad get moved to somewhere in Gujarat or something?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Surprise! It's Tibet.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Some where in Bengal, there is a character who is unlanded but every tick assess whether or not to go to war with every character in the game, living or dead. At the same time, he is assessing the women in everyone's courts if they'd make good brides. He's also hard-coded to only be on the seduction focus.

This is why the game slows down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Add that corridor from Ghana to Ethiopia that EU4 has.

• Locked thread