Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Navik
May 13, 2005

Her sweet, sweet, sw-sw-sweet can
The Twilight Zone: "Night of the Meek" - Art Carney plays a drunken bum who works as a department store Santa Claus, and finds a magic bag that turns him into a real life Santa. It's hokey in parts, but I'll say this: Carney's speech about being poor and why he drinks to escape it is absolutely heartbreaking and fantastically delivered.

Also, "Deaths-Head Revisited", about a Nazi camp commandant who returns to Dachau to relive his "glory days" is confronted by literal ghosts from his past. It's dark as hell.

Above all for me, though, is the classic Simpsons season six episode, "Homer Bad Man". Homer's tactless grab of a gummy Venus di Milo off of the pants of the babysitter he is driving home and the aftermath might be the funniest goddamned thing I have ever seen in my life. It's sad, but I can probably quote the entire thing straight from memory. The whole thing is just perfect: the candy convention, the ridiculous talk shows (including Gentle Ben), and the Rock Bottom segment, which has me in hysterics every time without fail. Aww, hell, just look at my avatar. I love the hell out of this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread