Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm like 12 hours in as an elven street samurai with a shotgun. it's a pretty good game, i like the setting and it's nice not to be saving the world b/c you are the chosen one or whatever for once. anyone else play this game? my only complaint is the system is retarded, particularly cover

thank u for ur time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

yeah its good. ill finish my director's cut playthrough eventually

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its cool that talking to your party members isn't a transparent influence system, too. i just beat KOTOR 2 and by the end i was getting erally fed up with the quanitifed friendship system, i like that dragonfall leaves it ambiguous

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Frog Act posted:

i'm like 12 hours in as an elven street samurai with a shotgun. it's a pretty good game, i like the setting and it's nice not to be saving the world b/c you are the chosen one or whatever for once. anyone else play this game? my only complaint is the system is retarded, particularly cover

thank u for ur time

i liked it bunches

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah it's good. hope hong kong is as good or better

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i really liked it

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
considering the big jump in quality from returns to dragonfall imo, I am optimistic about Hong Kong and it can't get here fast enough

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
This game owned hard, i played a human adept and all the party members were so well written, i really enjoyed learning their stories over the course of the game

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
This game was gay

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Sir AIDS posted:

This game was gay

pol. correct term is CYBERSPUNK

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Sweet, glad to hear it OP, I tried shadowrun returns and it was poop

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
It has some of the same fundamental problems the first game did but its not a turd like that one. Mostly the lack of scope and ambition and how limited it is, which they ddi for a good reason cuz theyre one of the only indie ppl who can actually deliver on time and budget. Cuz they know how to cut poo poo. unfortch it means their games arent that good. Dragonfall is an improvement in every way but still not enough. I mean if you're gonna make a linear mission based tactical rpg, and have like no exploration or feeling of being in a big world then at least make the drat combat good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have high hopes that the developer of this game will one day make a truly good CRPG once they have enough cash.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

I have high hopes that the developer of this game will one day make a truly good CRPG once they have enough cash.

Same. I hope they have a lot of success and keep making bigger and bigger budget games until they make something good, and not do some fucktarded poo poo where they try to make more than 1 game at a time or smth.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ragg posted:

Same. I hope they have a lot of success and keep making bigger and bigger budget games until they make something good, and not do some fucktarded poo poo where they try to make more than 1 game at a time or smth.

i think they said they were doing something involving battletech or crimson skies next

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

oh theyre doing this thing too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sVSy8GuBsI

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that looks fuckin rad

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Ok so they're spreading themselves thin making a bunch of small scale poo poo instead of something epic. gently caress you indie devs.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ragg posted:

Ok so they're spreading themselves thin making a bunch of small scale poo poo instead of something epic. gently caress you indie devs.
You post like you're on the rag.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I'm angry at gaming.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ragg posted:

I'm angry at gaming.

dont be

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

games are fun, its in the name

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
If games are fun there are no games. Gaming has betrayed me and must pay the ultimate price.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I tried the first one and there was that one mission where you break into a corporate HQ and one guy hacks into a computer while everyone else holds off private security that actually felt unique and not just a generic turn based tactical shooter, hope there's more of that in this

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

It has some of the same fundamental problems the first game did but its not a turd like that one. Mostly the lack of scope and ambition and how limited it is, which they ddi for a good reason cuz theyre one of the only indie ppl who can actually deliver on time and budget. Cuz they know how to cut poo poo. unfortch it means their games arent that good. Dragonfall is an improvement in every way but still not enough. I mean if you're gonna make a linear mission based tactical rpg, and have like no exploration or feeling of being in a big world then at least make the drat combat good.

it's better in the director's cut at least

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I tried the first one and there was that one mission where you break into a corporate HQ and one guy hacks into a computer while everyone else holds off private security that actually felt unique and not just a generic turn based tactical shooter, hope there's more of that in this

original campaign was pretty bland but this part owned

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This looks like it'll be fun for an hour and then you've seen everything except the Final Epic Ultimate Boss that some dweeb will speedrun to using arcane autism powers in 5 minutes.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

01011001 posted:

it's better in the director's cut at least

original campaign was pretty bland but this part owned

Yeah its better, just like dragonfall is better than the 1st one, but its still not good enough.

Dec 26, 2012

pretty much yeah. it would probably help if the NPCs were built competently too

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Larry Parrish posted:

This looks like it'll be fun for an hour and then you've seen everything except the Final Epic Ultimate Boss that some dweeb will speedrun to using arcane autism powers in 5 minutes.

you will find that if you went to am ovie you would experience 1 hour of fun in exchange for 10 dollars plus 10 dollars of popcorn.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
shadowrun: dragonfall

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hoodrich posted:

shadowrun: dragonfall
It tripped because you shouldn't run in the dark.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ragg posted:

I've been having fun with the game but I also don't like how limited it is and can't really define what I don't like about the combat besides "it doesn't feel that good to play."

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Cyberspace is just total poo poo though, almost all of the programs are worthless so it devolves to your decker spamming their biggest attacks at the IC while grunting through a robot voice changer.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I think magic is what I don't like about the combat, the gun's are okay to me since I like new XCOM.

Dec 26, 2012

yeah the decking bits are pretty awful no matter how you slice it

the magic is pretty ignorable except for support magic

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
It's pretty fun mechanics-wise, OP, but the writing is fanfic-tier.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

yeah the decking bits are pretty awful no matter how you slice it

the magic is pretty ignorable except for support magic

yeah decking sucks poo poo. i think they're completely redoing it for honk kong though so fingers crossed

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Cyberspace is just total poo poo though, almost all of the programs are worthless so it devolves to your decker spamming their biggest attacks at the IC while grunting through a robot voice changer.

Yes

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I've been having fun with the game but I also don't like how limited it is and can't really define what I don't like about the combat besides "it doesn't feel that good to play."

Idk i think short cds + unlimited ammo makes for a pretty boring repetitive style of play where you just spam your most powerful skills on cd... and theres no resource management really to speak of. Sure you got a couple nades maybe but meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i don't know, the combat's not great but i don't think ammo management would help. i like the resource system idea, but i think it'd be better to make the abilities more interesting instead of just -numbers on hit, -hit but +damage poo poo and give them a finite resource instead

• Locked thread