Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

(A third run started. Red Mage Summoner Summoner Blue Mage at the fire ship. Thanks, kid.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
Status Update: Rock will complete his run with Triple Crown status

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
Part 15 - Super Fighting Blue Mage, Rock

This update's a long one, but that just means the next one is the final part in Rock's long journey.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

poo poo, this thread still exists? You're a loving trooper, Jueg.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 28, 2016

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

If I remember right, it wasn't Level 5 death, it was berserking him that would break the X-death -> NED transition script.

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015

FeyerbrandX posted:

If I remember right, it wasn't Level 5 death, it was berserking him that would break the X-death -> NED transition script.

You are correct - the mixup came from seeing TAS videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WULyCyYGYvw&t=12338s like these ones, where they use a combination of the two.

Jueg01 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 28, 2016

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
That Omega strategy was magical, but I think the Shinryu one is more impressive, honestly. Congrats are due for beating both!

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

That Omega strategy was magical, but I think the Shinryu one is more impressive, honestly. Congrats are due for beating both!

Kyrosiris helped me come up with the Shinryu strategy - especially the Mini + Genji Shield and Wonder Wand parts. I just tweaked a few other things so that I could keep Equip Swords.

Because if I didn't, that fight may have been close to the same length as Omega.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
One of these days I need to get back to Gilgaluf. Unfortunately, that day is not today, since A: I don't feel like playing FF5 right now (though I'm making progress on that front in that I feel CAPABLE of playing FF5), and B: I got Fire Emblem Fates last week, and am currently grinding out supports (and will thus be occupied for the foreseeable future).

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I swear on my own grave I will continue the cannoneer run at some point. Life's just been in the way atm.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
As long as people still want to do runs, I'll keep on updating the OP (even if it takes me awhile) and leave the thread open.

I'm so drat impressed with all the various runs and styles that have happened. You guys are loving great, really. Never expected my silly little insane challenge to become such a great thread that really shows off what a great and versatile game this is. Thanks for giving time for all the runs!

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just found this thread, and I'm working on a FFV playthrough right now. It's fairly simple, but I thought it could mix things up a little. Each job is assigned to one character only, so each character gets five jobs.

Bartz: Knight, Mystic Knight, Ranger, Ninja, Dragoon
Lenna: White Mage, Red Mage, Blue Mage, Summoner, Dancer
Faris: Thief, Black Mage, Time Mage, Bard, Samurai
Krile: Monk, Berserker, Geomancer, Beastmaster, Chemist

Also, just to make this challenge somewhat hard, characters can only use equipment from the jobs they learn. So Lenna can't wear heavy armor but she is the only one who can equip Ribbons.

Nirvikalpa fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 29, 2016

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I've done a run like that before, and I think I actually like it better than the standard Fiesta setup. The only thing that makes it painful is that you end up needing a lot of money to buy all the various armors and magics. Also, you're going to suffer a little bit from having all of your healing magic on Lenna, but that's not a dealbreaker.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ultrafilter posted:

I've done a run like that before, and I think I actually like it better than the standard Fiesta setup. The only thing that makes it painful is that you end up needing a lot of money to buy all the various armors and magics. Also, you're going to suffer a little bit from having all of your healing magic on Lenna, but that's not a dealbreaker.

I'm actually at the end game already! I'm not sure what I did for the pyramid without Lenna. Maybe I just used a lot of potions.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

For various reasons, now it the time that Krile's LP run will continue! I've made it past the dragon grass and am heading towards Surgate and the Gilkidu fight. I'm still running around as Notgamesh because neither tyrannosaur or Dragon pod have anything to copy unless you just want to see Gilgy cheesed with summons.
Actual LP update later, once I make some more progress. I have one more death to add to the list, to an abductor of all things. Getting hit with a Vampire when the enemy is missing more than your max health isn't fun.

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
Rock's journey is at an end. Expect the update sometime this week. I don't know if there's going to be more to it after that, but I'm not ruling anything out quite yet.

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
Part 16: Fight, for Everlasting Peace

And thus concludes Rock's journey.

It's been a ride, and I'm glad I was able to see it through to the end, especially for my first LP.

Thanks to all who helped, read or otherwise contributed to both my LP and this thread.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Er, did you mean to use the same screenshot five times in a row there?

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
Fixed the post.

Jueg01 fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 17, 2016

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Congrats! Updated the OP.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Shaezerus' beautiful "Zerky Now Two Death" is hosted on an http domain, so it doesn't show up if you're browsing the forums on https. Just a heads up if you wanted to rehost it or something.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

^ Thanks for that! Don't think Shaezerus would mind it being rehosted on LPix since baldurk would rehost it anyway if this hits the LP Archive, so I went ahead and did so.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Jueg01 posted:

Part 16: Fight, for Everlasting Peace

And thus concludes Rock's journey.

It's been a ride, and I'm glad I was able to see it through to the end, especially for my first LP.

Thanks to all who helped, read or otherwise contributed to both my LP and this thread.

Good work at finally putting paid to your run!

Accept this drawing of Bahamut by my son as congratulations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I choose to believe that the resemblance to a whale is a deliberate nod to the origin of Bahamut's name.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

It is done!

Logging in at 50 levels, 20 deaths (5 to Wendigo), and a game that became increasingly janky as I went along (Oh the screenshots I have after Fork tower), Krile's Mimeventure has concluded.

And now I can begin the hopefully short process of converting all the Screenshot's I've been taking into a coherent LP.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Railing Kill posted:

I'll be posting an update for Coyote soon too. Work has been a beast for the last few weeks. Between time in classes and grading, I worked for 70 hours last week. :stonklol: But now that's over and I have some time to make an update or two.

Just caught up to this thread, hoping to see more coyote :)

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015

Ramc posted:

Good work at finally putting paid to your run!

it is perfect, thank you!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

First off, I'm sure anyone still following this thread is still aware, but the next Four Job Fiesta pre-reg is underway, so go check out the thread and pre-reg if you're interested.

Second, since it seems like there's no more runs that are happening (it's been a month and a half since there's been any updates) I'll likely go ahead and submit this for archives soon unless there's anybody that still wants to finish a run. I'll probably clean up the OP a bit best I can before I do so.

Finally, thanks once again to everyone who followed along or submitted a run or fan content or whatever. I certainly didn't expect this to become a huge megathread of various runs but it became something magical and I'm happy it turned out the way it did. Great job, everyone!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
It really eats at me to leave my run not even a quarter of the way done, but I honestly can't see myself mustering up the patience to play through the whole game like that (and certainly not within... well, whenever "soon" is), so I say screw it, my run is officially dead.

Looking back at it, half my jokes were horrible anyway. :negative:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bufuman posted:

It really eats at me to leave my run not even a quarter of the way done, but I honestly can't see myself mustering up the patience to play through the whole game like that (and certainly not within... well, whenever "soon" is), so I say screw it, my run is officially dead.

8 days and a bit.

And I guess I'd like my run archived, since it's the first thing I actually finished.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Mega64 posted:

First off, I'm sure anyone still following this thread is still aware, but the next Four Job Fiesta pre-reg is underway, so go check out the thread and pre-reg if you're interested.

Second, since it seems like there's no more runs that are happening (it's been a month and a half since there's been any updates) I'll likely go ahead and submit this for archives soon unless there's anybody that still wants to finish a run. I'll probably clean up the OP a bit best I can before I do so.

Finally, thanks once again to everyone who followed along or submitted a run or fan content or whatever. I certainly didn't expect this to become a huge megathread of various runs but it became something magical and I'm happy it turned out the way it did. Great job, everyone!

It was pretty fun. (My kid still has me doing runs on the commute off and on.)

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Mega64 posted:

My run is finished, with screenshots and everything, but I haven't done editing on the videos. I might just skip those and try and get the actual SSLP part done this week in between job hunting.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Ryushikaze posted:

My run is finished, with screenshots and everything, but I haven't done editing on the videos. I might just skip those and try and get the actual SSLP part done this week in between job hunting.

You can add videos later, right? Just remember to keep the edit links for your posts somewhere (pretty sure I've still got Mozart's edit links somewhere).

As for me, I'm starting to think a deadline might've been what I needed to finally pick Gilgaluf back up. I'll see if I can finally finish World 1 before this gets archived.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I haven't been able to continue my run anywhere, since I'm without a desktop to play on and screenshot with. Sucks, because I was starting to have fun with the solo cannoneer.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Okay, finished World 1 (and went back to trim the first few videos while I was at it). Update coming when the videos are uploaded.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Ramc posted:

I don't have my usual drawing computer with me and likely won't before this is archived, so I'd like to request that this drawing be placed in the position where my lovely lineart usually goes for Rock.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Bet you guys weren't expecting to see more Gilgaluf after the first month or so.

The Epic of Gilgaluf - Chapter 6

I'll at least try to finish this run now that I'm back, since I'd hate to leave you guys hanging again, but I'm not stupid enough to try to start another run afterwards again.

CptWedgie fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 7, 2016

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

You can blame Lightli for this.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

It's time for the triumphant return of Marcey who is totally not Krile in a man suit! Nope! Totally different person!

Krile's Marceyventure- Episode 5: It's just like looking into a mirror, isn't it Gilgamesh?

For now, Videos are not included, and might not be til after the next episode is done. But they will be done! The ones worth watching, anyways.

EDIT: And it's back up! Last episode will be out early next week, and then I'll add in videos as I edit them.

Ryushikaze fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
Your starting tag on image 20 is broken and could use fixing when you add the videos

• Locked thread