Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I got to the BMP-1 and it played like absolute rear end. I wonder why it didn't have a missile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The swingfire is basically a way to skip some of the BMP grind.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
That's one of the huge problems with the BMP-1.

In theory it has a high DPS because the gun fires more than 10rpm but it has no armor and t1 levels of HP so it gets two/one-shotted by everything above its tier. Its gun depression issues pale in comparison to that one.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The weirdest thing in AW is that the Swingfire is the one vehicle with all the view range. You'd think they'd give it to something with a bit less combat capability, BMP, AMX? Nah. Swagfire.

It's not as OP as the AW forums suggest- its DPS is really weak but it does dominate the low tier vehicles because it two-shots them.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hopterque posted:

The first two tiers are awesome and can still gently caress up higher tier tanks with HE shells (especially the autocannon guys), though.

The higher tier tanks have way too much HP for that, though. I remember the BMP-1 firing HE doing 50 damage a pop which is basically a pittance when he turns around and does 400.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Agrajag posted:

Yeah, turret traverse for MBT's are stupidly slow in this game. They made playing a MBT feel really sluggish in just about every way possible. Which is the reason I held off from buying a founders package. Oh, and turret bloom + aim times are also pretty bad.

It's almost like they took a look at MBT's and decided: yup lets take everything away that defines a modern MBT and just use the skin.

I kinda wish Obsidian was a bit more creative in making the other vehicles work rather than coming up with hugely nerfed MBTs. Give the BMPs some special powers or something, let them repair other tanks, I don't know.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Hook me up with an NA invite- I'm Panzeh

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Jack_tripper posted:

does upping the payout for spotting and doing damage make the grind worse?

You seem offended by bad players playing your tank game.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mazz posted:

When you shoot in vision mechanic games like this it generally removes almost all of your current camo rating. So if you were technically invisible based on the spot distance, but within vision range (two seperate circles on the minimap), shooting will generally light you up, unless there were a huge set of bushes in the way or something. There are a bunch of little variables mixed in that make the system interesting but at the same time really tedious.

Where I just can't get into it anymore is the loss of things like proper ambush tactics and such. In WT, when you read the map and circle around a team in CARB, they find out you're there as their friends start exploding. In this, you're on the map immediately so long as they pay attention. Not too long ago me and 1 other guy won a 2v11 against reasonable opponents because we were doing things like relocating and working together calling targets. In these HP/vision games there is way more on your opponents just being poo poo and giving you the time you need to work that many hitpoints down. I personally don't like that style after finally getting an alternative.

I would suggest this over WoT though given the option to play either. They basically took all the good things from WoT and added more.

It's really dumb when you're playing low tier and your AP rounds have no effect in WT tanks though because you hit a bunch of nothing and back when I played it they didn't have x ray mode so people were tellig me to git gud by studing schematics of the tanks :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Keeshhound posted:

I know about that; what I meant is that I remember reading something about the game also highlighting you even if your camo rating would have left you hidden, even with the shooting penalty. So you could shoot, miss and remain hidden, but if you damage someone with your shot you'll get lit up anyway, so that people can't just set up and snipe without changing positions.

If you damage someone with a shot you get rendered, but not necessarily lit up.

• Locked thread